Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:19   #331
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Kona : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Nice. What is the on road price in Hyd after this discount?
Hello,

You can register it anywhere in India, delivery will be in Hyderabad, it's basically ex showroom minus 5L plus tcs and insurance is self as the rate of the showroom and self varies a lot.
SakJel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:44   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakJel View Post
Hello,

You can register it anywhere in India, delivery will be in Hyderabad, it's basically ex showroom minus 5L plus tcs and insurance is self as the rate of the showroom and self varies a lot.
This is more or less the same as the situation in KA. The Trident Hyundai guys have been very forthcoming in this matter.
And honestly if anyone is looking to buy a Kona this is probably the best time to do so.
The discounted prices make it an absolutely compelling proposition. And the Kona is definitely a better vehicle considering most parameters when comparing to the other vehicles on offer in India at the same price band.
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:50   #333
BHPian

Quote:
This is more or less the same as the situation in KA. The Trident Hyundai guys have been very forthcoming in this matter.
And honestly if anyone is looking to buy a Kona this is probably the best time to do so.
The discounted prices make it an absolutely compelling proposition. And the Kona is definitely a better vehicle considering most parameters when comparing to the other vehicles on offer in India at the same price band.
True, but the only hiccup here is no doubt it's a proven technology and car and all as it's in the Indian market for almost 5 years, and it's a global product, but the road presence is not at all appalling, it just looks like an old i20 with door and bumper cladding. Doesn't look worth for a 20L car. A war between what the heart and mind says. Very very confusing.
SakJel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:53   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

In Hyderabad I am getting a 2 car deal for straight 5L discount per car, self insurance and all, if anyone wants to club in and take together please let me know.

Cheers
Can you please share a breakup of price on road for Hyderabad of your discussion with the dealer?
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:00   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True, but the only hiccup here is no doubt it's a proven technology and car and all as it's in the Indian market for almost 5 years, and it's a global product, but the road presence is not at all appalling, it just looks like an old i20 with door and bumper cladding. Doesn't look worth for a 20L car. A war between what the heart and mind says. Very very confusing.
It looks like a Hyundai I20 Active on stilts. But I like it a lot. Its build is solid. The buttons and fit and finish etc are first class. It feels European.
And at these prices, truth be told, it is way better value than all the other stuff sitting there at the same price. That is why Ive booked one and am buying it.
I should get mine in a couple of weeks time, all going well.

And I am suddenly seeing a number of them on the streets around here. Which means a lot of people are appreciating the value they are getting in the form of the Kona. And Rightly So!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Kona : Official Review-img_5579.jpeg  

Hyundai Kona : Official Review-img_5723.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:16   #336
BHPian

Quote:
It looks like a Hyundai I20 Active on stilts. But I like it a lot. Its build is solid. The buttons and fit and finish etc are first class. It feels European.
And at these prices, truth be told, it is way better value than all the other stuff sitting there at the same price. That is why Ive booked one and am buying it.
I should get mine in a couple of weeks time, all going well.

And I am suddenly seeing a number of them on the streets around here. Which means a lot of people are appreciating the value they are getting in the form of the Kona. And Rightly So!
I agree, it's a solid product, but doesn't the fact that it's getting phased out scares you, not just a minor facelift but a completely different kona is around the corner and that's the reason Hyundai is offering such discounts on the leftover inventory.

Just imagine that a new Kona rolls out in 2 months and the car you would be driving is obsolete, leave aside the resale, even if there is a minor upgrade or facelift there is always an itch in most of us to get that fitted in our existing car isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Cars View Post
Can you please share a breakup of price on road for Hyderabad of your discussion with the dealer?
The break up is simple, 23L change is ex showroom minus 5L plus tcs(depending on returns filed or not), plus T/r charges and hypothecation(if any), and insurance is self.

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd February 2024 at 14:37. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks!
SakJel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:46   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, but doesn't the fact that it's getting phased out scares you, not just a minor facelift but a completely different kona is around the corner and that's the reason Hyundai is offering such discounts on the leftover inventory.

car you would be driving is obsolete, leave aside the resale, even if there is a minor upgrade or facelift there is always an itch
1. The new Kona V2 has already been around for a year.
2. Even this same Kona V1 which we have in India came with a bigger battery as one more option abroad but this wasn’t offered here most probably for reasons of price.
3. Yes it is an end-of-lifecycle product but it has its own merits so I am going in with my eyes wide open.
4. Yes this is definitely the reason why Hyundai wants to sell all the kits and hence the discounts.
5. Driving an older car or older technology with less screens and less gizmos and other distractions is actually exhilarating and somehow very liberating.
6. My other cars are a 2012 Cooper S which is way different to the Coopers of the present day and a 2014 Stock Gypsy which is way different to anything else here and a 2021 Thar, which I am actually going to sell, to make way for the Kona.
7. The only other car in the whole of India which appeals to me right now, is the Maruti Jimny.
8. I believe I have researched the Kona well and find it to be very suitable for my need and want state at this moment.
9. I do not typically succumb to the itch to upgrade just because there is a newer model or newer tech on offer.
10. This particular change, in my case, is from Petrol / Fossil Fuel to Alternate Fuel/ Electricty because I want to experience that world.
11. I am also not particularly affected by what the world around me thinks of me and the decisions that I make. I like seeking advice in areas where I lack knowledge and expertise but in the end, having weighed up the options and inputs, I take considered decisions and act to please myself and not the world.
12. I am confident that the Kona is a good buy and that this is the right decision for me at the present moment in time.

I am speaking with some level of confidence here because anyone can see Hyundai’s Committment overall to the Indian market, over these last 25 years.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 22nd February 2024 at 14:49.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 16:25   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Just imagine that a new Kona rolls out in 2 months and the car you would be driving is obsolete, leave aside the resale, even if there is a minor upgrade or facelift there is always an itch in most of us to get that fitted in our existing car isn't it?
There can be two ways for Hyundai:
  1. Hyundai launches New Kona (unlikely) at a launch price of 25-27L at least
  2. Hyundai will launch Creta EV at 25L

In both cases Kona V1 at 19.xx Showroom is a steal. As you get a much cheaper car than Kona V2 which will have new shape and bigger screens primarily and Euro 4 Rating. For Creta EV, the build quality will be nothing as compared to current Kona.

I am also considering Kona once I am able to sell my current Ecosport posted in Classifieds.
Love4Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 06:18   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The break up is simple, 23L change is ex showroom minus 5L plus tcs(depending on returns filed or not), plus T/r charges and hypothecation(if any), and insurance is self.
The pricing details you have shared are very similar to Bangalore. Ex showroom price here is actually nearly 24 lacs.

The deal price being given in Bangalore is also very similar. There is the absolutely unavoidable TCS of 1%. The good thing here is that being an EV, the SGST and CGST are at 2.5% each. And the normally wicked and usurious tax from the RTO is Zero.

One cannot imagine the sheer joy that I get from seeing this, considering the way we are otherwise repeatedly and rapaciously taxed by our government, on any other vehicle or indeed anything at all that we buy; and all of this, after paying Income Taxes!

There is a Registration Charge of 2700 and Fastag cost of 500 and the 4th year/ 80,000kms Extended Warranty of 27800 or so. This EW covers wire damage and gear system etc. The Insurance agent I normally use has given me an Insurance Quote of about 49000/-.

So overall, the Hyundai Kona is cruising in at a sub 20 Lac price. This is for the pure white ‘Atlas White’. For Dual Tone shade and all there is a Premium.

If there is anyone here interested to buy Hyundai Kona, then please contact the Hyundai Dealer Executive, Mr Shon Thomas of Trident Hyundai in Bangalore.

He is a very helpful, committed, decent guy and will step up on behalf of us customers. He can be reached on +91 90713 90239. His manager Sharath is also equally supportive and helpful but for me, Shon has been the single point of contact.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd February 2024 at 06:20.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:17   #340
BHPian

Quote:

One cannot imagine the sheer joy that I get from seeing this, considering the way we are otherwise repeatedly and rapaciously taxed by our government, on any other vehicle or indeed anything at all that we buy; and all of this, after paying Income Taxes!
And here I am sulking in Telangana as the taxes are back already. The EV cost for these cars tend to get out of budget quickly with these road taxes.
Old 23rd February 2024, 14:47   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
And here I am sulking in Telangana as the taxes are back already. The EV cost for these cars tend to get out of budget quickly with these road taxes.
Oh thats horrid. So TS have started taxing EV’s with Road Taxes. If that is the case, you have my sympathies.
Old 25th February 2024, 03:53   #342
BHPian

A friend of mine, who also happens to be my neighbour back in India, bought MY24 Kona EV today for 23L on-road and got nearly 6L of discount as per him.

He pitted one dealer against another, and that dealer had offered him a good discount, which resulted in him getting the Kona from them.

The dealer's name, where he bought the car, is Geetha Hyundai btw, and owned by present TS CM Revanth Reddy as per sources.

This is his second Hyundai purchase in 6 months (he bought a Verna SX IVT in August 2023).

This will be the third car in his garage and apart from that, they own a 2017 Fortuner 2WD MT and a 2023 Verna SX IVT.

And, this will replace the Fortuner as a daily driver though they will retain the Fortuner for long drives.

Apart from Kona, they had considered Nexon.EV, ZS EV, and BYD Atto 3 but in the end, they felt Kona better and ended up getting it.
car_guy1998 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 08:46   #343
BHPian

Quote:
I agree, it's a solid product, but doesn't the fact that it's getting phased out scares you, not just a minor facelift but a completely different kona is around the corner and that's the reason Hyundai is offering such discounts on the leftover inventory.

I have never had a problem buying an mature product that is being phased out elsewhere. Bought my Mitsubishi Cedia with heavy discounts 15 years ago and had zero problems with it and was heartbroken to have to sell it. Perfect car for me, that’s what mattered.

I buy my cars to keep for 10+ years so obviously they will go out of production at some point. As long as it’s a mainstream company they will support it, especially if Japanese/Korean.

Also I doubt the new Kona will be launched here if they are introducing the Creta EV.
Car Fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 17:23   #344
BHPian

Quote:
So overall, the Hyundai Kona is cruising in at a sub 20 Lac price. This is for the pure white ‘Atlas White’.
Hi Shankar Sir,
Any updates on your buying journey of Kona? I am awaiting your initial review before pulling the trigger myself.
Old 28th February 2024, 17:43   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Cars View Post
Hi Shankar Sir,
Any updates on your buying journey of Kona? I am awaiting your initial review before pulling the trigger myself.
Indeed. The work is in progress.
I should get it next week end or so.

I suggest if you like the car then pull the trigger.
I am completely convinced that I am doing the right thing by buying a Kona.
Others like GKR9900 and EV FAN and all are happy customers and I have spent a lot of time asking them for advice.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks