Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2021, 06:53   #61
BHPian

Re: Journeying into the electric future – My Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Review

Sorry that was just the car price - the total price is $86k and change- still much cheaper than the UK and Australian version (whenever Y gets launched in those markets).

As a matter of fact, it’s almost $3k lesser than the US market as the US Tesla guys hiked the rates twice in the last 2 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Journeying into the electric future – My Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Review-6b99afa3775e45adb80d8c8da3a71a37.png  

jacobvarughese is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 05:48   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Hey, just stumbled upon this beautiful thread - I ordered a 2021 Model Y Long Range, Red color (paid $2600 extra) with a 7 seater configuration (additional $4k) and black interior here in Toronto, Canada.
Thank you, and congratulations to you! Welcome to the Tesla fam! That's a neat configuration too, I was wondering how the 3rd row would fare for daily usage with kids etc, hope you will post a review soon after getting yours. Looks like the delivery logistics lined up in your favor that it's getting delivered sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Whoa that is cheap! Is it the total on-road cost? Taxes and everything included? A Model 3 Long Range is more than 85k here in Australia.
Quote:
Sorry that was just the car price - the total price is $86k and change- still much cheaper than the UK and Australian version (whenever Y gets launched in those markets).

As a matter of fact, it’s almost $3k lesser than the US market as the US Tesla guys hiked the rates twice in the last 2 months.

I was mortified for all of two seconds seeing you guys bandy these numbers about, until I realized these were CAD and AUD respectively haha!

That said, Australia pricing does get atrociously high, but I'm sure the Indian pricing blows it out of the water when it is announced! Fingers crossed on that one.
Harshal.Bhosale is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 16:51   #63
BHPian

Hey Harshal,

Excellent narrative, that! Too bad you lost Saphira but look at what you got in turn! Good luck and all the very best!
Sridhar C E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 20:11   #64
BHPian

Thanks- I may need your help with the review

In other news, awoke today to the fact that Tesla pushed out the dates by more than a month bringing it to end of August. Surprised that a tech company as Tesla don't have guidelines where customers can accurately track orders- BMW and Lexus (2 vehicles I owned and still have) can give a near-exact estimated date of delivery.
Old 10th July 2021, 22:04   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congrats on joining Tesla. You might as well get a new one with a discount at a price less than what you received .

The Mazda CX 30 you mention is a really fine car. It's basically a lifted hatch, a crossover in disguise and has a better power train than its subcompact competition.

I am left confused about your comments on insurance not covering collisions with inanimate objects. It is supposed to cover all objects, moving or not. Insurance is supposed to cover all sorts of driver misjudgment which is why rates vary based on driving record. Say, you hit a parked car, or crashing against the wall or kerb the insurance if comprehensive is supposed to cover both cars and in the second case damage to your car.

As far as the salvage car ending up in Ukraine, regulations are even more lax and non existent in India. In India, salvage cars end up in used car dealers with the eventual buyer not having an iota of knowledge that the car had been in a serious accident prior, while Ukrainians and other CIS folks generally know salvage luxury cars from North America, Western Europe and Japan end up there to lead new lives.

The only reason this nuisance doesn't exist in India is the steep duties on imported cars both new and used. It's one thing the governments over time has got it right for a change.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 10th July 2021 at 22:08.
Old 12th July 2021, 19:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on new ride.
Curious to know why did you select 7 seater option? Are they actually usable? (I assume they (3rd row) are too cramped for adults and children (beyond toddler stage) would not want to sit there because they can't look outside (small windows)).

Last edited by infotech58 : 12th July 2021 at 19:37. Reason: rephrased
Old 12th July 2021, 19:39   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Congratulations on new ride.
Curious to know why did you select 7 seater option? Are they actually usable? (I assume they are too cramped for adults and children (beyond toddler stage) would not want to sit there because they can't look outside (small windows)).
I test drove a 7-seater demo vehicle prior to purchase, and you're right that it does not fit adults ( am 5'11). I had gotten my 10 year old kid who was tall for his age and said it's a tight spot to be in. My reasons are that I have a newborn, a large dog (a Lab retriever), and 2 boys (aged 9 and 10) with parents and in-laws coming here frequently. We can certainly fit in adults for short drives (not more than 10 kms) and kids for longer periods of time.

I also did a comparison with RX 350 L (the one that has 7 seater) and BMW X5 - the leg room and head room seem to be comparable with the Model Y.
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 05:08   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
Hey Harshal,

Excellent narrative, that! Too bad you lost Saphira but look at what you got in turn! Good luck and all the very best!
Thank you for your kind words!

Quote:
Thanks- I may need your help with the review

In other news, awoke today to the fact that Tesla pushed out the dates by more than a month bringing it to end of August. Surprised that a tech company as Tesla don't have guidelines where customers can accurately track orders- BMW and Lexus (2 vehicles I owned and still have) can give a near-exact estimated date of delivery.
I guess the logistical nightmares continue for Tesla. With one entity owning the entire supply chain from factory to end customer, I guess the tracking aspect will suffer compared to traditional OEMs like BMW/Lexus which operate on a franchisee dealer model. With dealerships, once they get assigned VINs, the tracking is at a more local level and hence easier. Hope you get delivery soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Congrats on joining Tesla. You might as well get a new one with a discount at a price less than what you received .

I am left confused about your comments on insurance not covering collisions with inanimate objects. It is supposed to cover all objects, moving or not. Insurance is supposed to cover all sorts of driver misjudgment which is why rates vary based on driving record. Say, you hit a parked car, or crashing against the wall or kerb the insurance if comprehensive is supposed to cover both cars and in the second case damage to your car.
Thank you! I'll definitely get another Tesla in the future, but for now, plan is to take advantage of being in California and reduce the number of wheels in the garage, at least by two

Sorry for the confusion - I didn't say that insurance doesn't cover collisions with inanimate objects - they most certainly did cover it, that's how I got money for my car! What I highlighted was the fact that they considered it a collision in the first place, instead of a comprehensive claim. From a payout perspective, its pretty much the same thing (other than the deductible amount) - but what changes is the claim history - I now have a collision claim on my record, which will jack up my car insurance premiums for the next 2 (or even 5 ) years; instead I could've had a comprehensive claim, which does not factor into insurance premium calculations.

Last edited by Harshal.Bhosale : 20th July 2021 at 05:10.
Harshal.Bhosale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 23:00   #69
BHPian

So after relentless scouting and hunting, I found one brand new Model Y in Montrιal and asked my Sales Advisor to match it. It gets shipped to Toronto for no extra charge and hopefully should be delivered toward the end of next week.

The overall price got decreased as this is a Midnight Silver metallic as opposed to the original red color I ordered. Another benefit of this July manufacture includes the Bioweapon defense mode(HEPA filters) which was only available in the Models S and X.
Attached Thumbnails
Journeying into the electric future – My Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Review-102f4bc0568b483ca7b096d0c54656a0.png  

jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 23:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
It gets shipped to Toronto for no extra charge and hopefully should be delivered toward the end of next week.
Congrats on your Model Y. Safe miles ahead. May be you could start a new thread or post a review once you took delivery and have time. Cheers.
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 08:42   #71
BHPian

Finally got my spaceship ‘Velocity’ last Saturday at the Toronto Lawrence location - family was incredibly elated, and so was I.

Customer service was top-notch with a few areas for improvement but an overall seamless experience.

Currently using the 5-15 Mobile adapter charger that came with it - takes 10-12 hours to charge for a mere 30% but is fine as I just don’t take out the vehicle. Have also ordered the 14-50 Nema adapter which would compress the charging time significantly.
Attached Thumbnails
Journeying into the electric future – My Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Review-c5172b76357c4222b027231352a8afbf.jpeg  

Journeying into the electric future – My Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Review-0e301996ac4d473fb63815fab056d20a.jpeg  

jacobvarughese is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 11:15   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry that was just the car price - the total price is $86k and change
Wow they offer 96 months financing. That is something. I guess with car prices going sky high, customers have no choice but to take longer tenor loans.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 17:37   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshal.Bhosale View Post
Basically, a random metallic object (most likely a differential casing or something similar) was lying on the highway / was freshly dropped from some previous vehicle, and ended up damaging three vehicles including Saphira.
Really sad to hear about the loss of Saphira! But glad that you didn't end up paying for it. The metallic object appeared quiet small to do substantial damage to the Tesla.

In Indian context, I am afraid how such cars will do. The roads themselves are bad, non existent at many places. There are many unexpected things on our road, sometimes even rocks left by previously stranded vehicles or dislocated median dividers.

I had a similar experience in my Honda Civic, about a decade back, where on a fast 6 lane highway turn I suddenly encountered a 6" tall giant granite slab in middle of the road. I maneuvered to pass over it but it was high enough to hit the underbody and exhaust B pipe. The impact was strong enough to break the granite slab and caused a hole in the underbody, which later had to be welded and B pipe replaced. Luckily I got away without any major damage. But these incidents are very common on our road.

With a battery so low, and easily getting damaged like that is going to be a major concern in our country and the insurance company will insist on repairs than pay for total loss!
Old 22nd August 2021, 22:36   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguarpaw View Post
Congrats on your new car Harshal. Awesome detailing. Your attention and detailing about your new car is simply wow. I genuinely think Elon Musk might hire you in his team if he finds this thread. Rated 5 stars
Harshal. Sorry to hear about your loss of Saphira. But let me congratulate you for your new beginning with Tesla. Hope you remember my above words. Now I shall await your cyber truck review.
Jaguarpaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:18   #75
Senior - BHPian

Korean-market Tesla Model 3 dilutes expectations in Korea NCAP safety assessments:

Occupant protection: 5 stars
VRU protection: 3 stars
Safety assist: 3 stars

Tested for front full-width rigid barrier impact at 56km/h, frontal offset deformable barrier at 64km/h, AE-MDB (1400kg type) side impact at 60km/h, oblique pole test at 32km/h, low-speed whiplash pulse sled test at 16km/h, pedestrian headform and lower legform tests and for interurban, cyclist and pedestrian AEB tests.

Scores an overall 2nd-grade rating.

Last edited by ron178 : 21st December 2021 at 11:35.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks