Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 10:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Didn't really understand the logic of MG in pricing the Exclusive variant 2.7L more than the Excite. There are hardly any features in Exclusive that command such a hefty premium....
It definitely commands a premium for the first in segment features like rain sensing wipers and seat belt reminders!

India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh-screenshot-20200124-10.16.32-am.png

India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh-screenshot-20200124-10.16.41-am.png

C'mon MG, stop bragging about the wipers and seat belt reminders.
Warwithwheels is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 10:45   #77
BHPian

Fantastic news! As soon as the govt eliminates the Road Tax on EV, I am getting one as a city commuter for pickup, drops, grocery runs etc!

Time to embrace a cleaner future.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 10:48   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I'm a bit unhappy with the dual pricing that they did before 17th and after. They didn't announce this earlier right? That the people who book before will get a 1L benefit.
They had announced the Jan 17 bookings closure date a few days before, on Jan 14 I guess. They probably had got enough numbers by then, numbers they could service according to the number of kits they had already imported.

And they had announced earlier that those who book in advance will enjoy a special introductory price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
C'mon MG, stop bragging about the wipers and seat belt reminders.
That's lame. The rain sensing wipers can be hit or miss, as I've seen on the Hector. More gimmicky. Seat belt reminders have been there since ages. I wish they'd removed the internet inside badge. It's a bit too tacky for my taste.

Last edited by coolkurt : 24th January 2020 at 10:50.
coolkurt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 10:54   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
They've got over 2500 bookings.

This is a good network to start with. Whatever the government does is being taken as a bonus.
I seriously doubt their booking numbers! These kind of numbers, without any advertisement on social media etc., I don't buy it.

About the charging network, I guess TAMO has more than these already. Every TAMO dealership selling EV will be having 2 DC fast chargers, one for public Access, the other for Tata cars/ service center usage. I have spotted 3 In Bangalore and 2 in Hyderabad already. By the looks of it, MG is not even close to those numbers. Unlike Tata, I am not sure if MG would open its chargers to others company card.
Raghuwire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 11:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
I seriously doubt their booking numbers! These kind of numbers, without any advertisement on social media etc., I don't buy it.

Unlike Tata, I am not sure if MG would open its chargers to others company card.
Well someone in my family has booked it and their booking no is in the 1200's. So I do believe they have the numbers. You'll see from their retail despatches.

Bharat EV Charger DC-001 specifications recommend the China based GB/T connector standard. All Indian electric cars and electric buses use the GB/T port on the vehicles for DC fast charging. The fast chargers will be open to all cars which have a GB T plug. Fast charging stations will be points of monetization for the manufacturers as well so I'm sure interoperability will be allowed for a fee. MG has already said that it'll be open for non MG cars as well.

Tata Motors, backed by Tata Power, is in a great position to pioneer the charging network in India. They can be a big player in the segment.
coolkurt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 11:15   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Even if it was driver’s fault (half clutch or any external installation), car getting set on fire is simply unacceptable. it really means that safety is not given higher priority.
:(
Do not agree with you on this. A failure or malfunction within the electrical components of any external installation can cause electrical fires.

Thats the whole idea behind manufacturer quoting warranty as void if any mechanical or electrical modification is made and /or involves cutting any wires.

In that case it will be difficult to hold manufacturer responsible.

This day and age when Indian Cars are Scoring 5 stars, it is not possible for a good manufacturer to look the other way, Maruti exempted!!

This is a good article on car warranties.

http://https://www.autocarindia.com/...plified-402272

And one from the forum.

http://https://www.team-bhp.com/foru...ll-void-2.html
Old_Salt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 11:15   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Fantastic news! As soon as the govt eliminates the Road Tax on EV, I am getting one as a city commuter for pickup, drops, grocery runs etc!
There is no Road tax on EVs in Maharashtra at this moment.
When I bought mine recently, I had to pay Rs.1050 to RTO for registration fees, inspection fees, smart card fees (which they dont even give nowadays) and postal fees..
mohanphadnis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 21:12   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorp_Knight View Post
So the difference between ZS ev and Kona ev is mere thousands? Interesting. From the looks of it, ZS seems to be a superior product overall, while Kona has the range advantage.
I think to conjecture ZS to be a superior product is a bit naive. Without a doubt, ZS is bigger than Kona and ZS introductory price is significantly cheaper than Kona. However, Kona comes with independent suspension at the rear whereas ZS has cheaper torsion beam setup. Hyundai is already an established name in India which helps one way or the other.

If I were to put money, it would be Kona even though it is more of an accentuated i20 or a truncated Creta.
fache89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 22:53   #84
BHPian

On road price as attached .. Mumbai city
Attached Thumbnails
India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh-screenshot_20200125225141286-1.jpg  

amitmk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 00:43   #85
BHPian

I'm really excited to see how Tata will price the Nexon EV now. I have seen largely good reviews about the car and it's not a slouch either compared to eZS.
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 01:16   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post

Attachment 1960331

This is a good network to start with. Whatever the government does is being taken as a bonus.
Excuse my ignorance but is this their pan India coverage map or only for the South and West zones?
Old 26th January 2020, 01:21   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Excuse my ignorance but is this their pan India coverage map or only for the South and West zones?
I guess it's their PAN India coverage map. You're right in your observation that their plans exclude the east, atleast for the moment.
Old 2nd March 2020, 16:39   #88
Senior - BHPian

MG ZS EV retails 150 units in February 2020

MG Motor has revealed that it has sold 150 units of the ZS EV in the month of February 2020.

The all-electric vehicle was launched in January with prices starting at Rs. 20.88 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi). Customers who pre-booked the car before January 17 got a discount of Rs. 1 lakh on the price. The company also claims to have received 3,000 bookings for the SUV. Due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, production of the car has faced delays. The company expects to restore normalcy by end of March 2020.

The ZS EV is powered by an electric motor that produces 141 BHP and 353 Nm. It comes with a 44.5 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The claimed maximum range on a single charge is 340 km. MG claims that the battery can be recharged to 80% of its capacity in 50 minutes using a 50 kW DC fast charger.

India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh-mg-zs-ev.jpeg

Link to the Team-BHP News
blackwasp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 22:54   #89
BHPian

Could hotels install 7.6kW chargers in their parking to charge their guests' electric car overnight? Would be incredibly awesome! The investment is also as low as ~₹80k per unit. This would open so many new destinations for an overnight trip which otherwise would've been impossible in an EV. I can think of at least 5 major destinations from Pune where I could drive one of the current lineup of EVs, charge it overnight and drive back with absolutely no worries.
ADI7YAK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 09:07   #90
BHPian

Why would a level 2 overnight charging set up cost 80k? Shouldn't cost more than 5k.
sreeharipv is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks