Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2019, 17:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India

I was mulling a B class or an A3 to replace the wife's daily commute car. No questions asked, I'm going to wait for this now instead. I like how an earlier post sums it up - time to embrace the future. Hope the late 20s early 30s price prediction holds true ! (fingers crossed).
Old 19th March 2019, 22:02   #17
BHPian

Nissan Leaf Sales Cross 4 Lakh Units
Best Selling Electric Car In The World

Nissan Leaf took just 9 years to cross 4,00,000 milestone and it is the best selling EV in the world currently

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-screenshot_20190319223812_chrome.jpg

Nissan officially announced that cumulative sales of Leaf has crossed 4,00,000 and it is the best selling electric car in the world.

The first-generation Leaf was introduced in 2010 and the 1,00,000 sales milestone was achieved in 2014 then the company took just one year to cross the 2,00,000 sales. Then the EV crossed 3,00,000 sales last year.
Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-screenshot_20190319223529_chrome.jpg

Last year, the Leaf was the best selling electric vehicle in Europe which is a big milestone considering that competition has increased considerably
Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-screenshot_20190319223416_chrome.jpg

According to Nissan, the total mileage of Leaf is more than 10 billion km and the EV saves more than 3.8 million barrels of oil a year. Nissan manufacturers the Leaf in Japan, England and Tennesse and the EV is currently on sale in more than 50 countries around the world. They are also planning to expand sales to new markets.

Source

Images
Google

Last edited by JS Kwt : 19th March 2019 at 22:16.
JS Kwt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 08:07   #18
BHPian

I am actually waiting for XUV 300 EV. I heard that it will have the same range of 400 KM per charge and will be relatively cheaper, around 15 lacs. Now I am contemplating, leaf is 2nd gen car from Nissan, tested and tried model. However, for Mahindra we cannot say the same. There will be initial niggles with their cars. I also heard Kona EV is also around corner and will be completely made in India. Hopefully it will be competitively priced.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 14:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Like others - I too am waiting for the EV market to really open up.
WagonR EV has been spotted on road-tests - , the range is not practical, though the price point may be.
Tata's foray with the Tigor , Altraz and Tiago is fairly robust amongst current players. However their Service has always been dissappointing - and with new technology to be supported - who knows what might happen.
I wonder what Toyota will offer in the market? Their PHEVs pricing simply take my breath away (more like a one-two punch to the stomach) - and if that's any indication of things to come - who knows what might the price point of a EV be?
Honda will be the last one to the party. 2023-24 is like an end-game.
Nissan/Renault's Service left a lot to be desired, and the price point of the Leaf (even if 2nd gen) makes it out of reach as a city run-about.
Mahindra's XUV 300 EV could be a dark horse. But Service experiences with eVerito and e2O have been pathetic.

Bottom line - Minimum 400 km range , at a price point of ₹ 6-7 lakhs, backed by impeccable service available by Dec 2019. Utopia?
Old 31st March 2019, 16:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post

Bottom line - Minimum 400 km range , at a price point of ₹ 6-7 lakhs, backed by impeccable service available by Dec 2019. Utopia?
Man, that is definitely utopian! Currently, I don't think 7 lakhs will even get you an e20.

The good news is electric cars are mechanically much simpler and also easier to service. They have no engine and hence no engine oil or coolant, no oil or air filters, no exhaust systems, no emission management systems, etc; some cars like the Tesla S,3 & X don't even have gearboxes or clutches. Even the break pads last a lot longer because the work of stopping the car is shared with the energy regen system. So the service might not actually matter as much as it does with ICE vehicles!

That said, the closest version of your utopia is probably the Hyundai Kona EV and the Kia Niro EV. Both cars from reliable brands and offering 400+km range. The Niro EV is undergoing trials in AP and the Kona is even confirmed for launch in the second half of 2019. The only problem is they are likely to be CBUs and will be priced like CBUs unless import duties are reduced for electric vehicles or something. I wonder if the savings in service, maintenance and fuel will cover the difference in cost.

I'm excited about the Altroz EV and the H2X EVs. Tata is one of the only companies that currently has a competent luxury electric vehicle out there apart from Tesla in the Jag I-Pace. The next XJ is also rumoured to be a pure electric car. All of this makes me hopeful that Tata can put out functional EVs soon.
shimoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 18:11   #21
BHPian

But they are testing the 1st Gen here in Delhi NCR.

Spotted one yesterday

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-pic_518201918749.jpg

Electrics Ahoy!

P.s. Regret the blurry images. Was out in my new ride for the 1st time.

Last edited by Moto$apien : 18th June 2019 at 18:12.
Moto$apien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 08:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
But they are testing the 1st Gen here in Delhi NCR.

Spotted one yesterday
From what i know, Nissan HO in Gurugram has one of these since the last few years. It is used for certain special events and not for testing. The one you spotted could be the same car.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 10:16   #23
BHPian

Nissan Leaf with green number plate spied in Trivandrum

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-nissanleafelectricgreennumberplate3.jpg

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-nissanleafelectricgreennumberplate2.jpg

The Nissan Leaf EV is now ready to enter 6 new markets in Latin America by the end of this month; and across 7 markets in Asia and Oceania by December 2019. The Nissan Leaf in India will be brought in as a CBU imported from Japan.

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-nissanleafelectricgreennumberplate1.jpg

In view of the Nissan Leaf coming in as a CBU, it has resorted to certain cost cutting factors. It will sport steel wheels, will be devoid of ORVM mounted turn indicators and neither will it sport LED DRLS and fog lamps. Pricing of the Nissan Leaf EV is expected to be below the Rs.30 lakh.

More Details
jailbird_fynix is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 17:27   #24
BHPian

Scoop? Nissan Leaf EV on display at Nissan Showroom

I happened to pass through this Nissan Showroom on Mount Road Chennai, and was surprised to see the Leaf EV on display. I went and spoke with the showroom executive and was told that, since Nissan is a sponsor for the ICC World Cup, they are using this car's battery to project the World Cup matches. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to enter the car. Attaching some photos.

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190625-5.15.04-pm-1.jpeg

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190625-5.15.04-pm.jpeg

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190625-5.15.03-pm-1.jpeg

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190625-5.15.03-pm.jpeg

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-whatsapp-image-20190625-5.21.48-pm.jpeg

Could not take a lot of pictures as I was in a hurry. But if anyone is interested, you can have a look at this car at Autorelli Nissan, Chennai. I was told the car will be on display for the next 2 days.
MadrasTurbo is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 23:49   #25
BHPian

A detailed video review of the Nissan Leaf by Autocar India. Here are some points from the video as mentioned by the reviewer.

• Expected to be priced at 40 - 45 lakhs

Is Nissan aiming to play the EV market just like they're playing with the ICE market in India right now? Bigger and arguably better EV cars - the upcoming Hyundai Kona & the MG eZs are expected to be priced around 25 lakhs. At this point, one would've expected Nissan to turn over a new "Leaf". There, I did exactly what I came here to do.
  • To be launched by the end of 2019.
  • Expected to get the 40 kW battery with a range of 250km per charge ; 150hp ; 320Nm ; 0-100 in 7.9 seconds).
  • Expected to get 6 airbags, ABS , a Bose sound system, Electrically adjustable leather seats and a 7" touchscreen with Android Auto / Apple CarPlay compatibility.

The reviewer also seemed generally unimpressed by the overall drive quality. Is there something about driving EV vehicles that will take getting used to?
jailbird_fynix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 21:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshith View Post
The cars have been brought in for the inauguration of the Nissan Digital Hub coming up in Technopark, Trivandrum. A Red GTR and KICKS have also been brought down. They will be used for promotional purpose I think.
Thats what I was thinking too - Nissan has a dev center open in trivandrum
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ter-india.html (Nissan to launch its first global IT center in India)

Used to hear the same rumours about Renault Vehicles in chennai which I knew were there for the same reason!
Old 8th July 2019, 22:03   #27
BHPian

Energy stored in the battery of Leaf to live screen the India-New Zealand match in Bangalore

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-img_20190708_220457.jpg

People in Bengaluru can experience the Nissan LEAF while watching the match at the World Trade Centre (Orion Mall side atrium), Malleshwaram. The set-up for the match screening derives from Nissan’s unique Vehicle to Home (V2H) system which allows Nissan Leaf owners to charge their cars when power demand from the grid is low, such as night, then use the power to run their homes during peak demand periods.

ET Auto

These are very interesting times that we live in.

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 8th July 2019 at 22:06.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 10:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Expected to be priced at 40 - 45 Lacs

The reviewer also seemed generally unimpressed by the overall drive quality. Is there something about driving EV vehicles that will take getting used to?
It's probably going to be a CBU. Why would anyone spend over 40 L for something which should be below 15 L on road.

I recall Shapur K also saying that the moment you release the accelator pedal the car comes to a stop, so releasing the pedal has to be gradual to time it with when you plan to stop. A bit unusual approach to driving. Makes me think, is that how all EV's drive?
maven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 11:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I recall Shapur K also saying that the moment you release the accelator pedal the car comes to a stop, so releasing the pedal has to be gradual to time it with when you plan to stop. A bit unusual approach to driving. Makes me think, is that how all EV's drive?
I think it is Nissan's one-pedal technology at play which enhances regenerative braking and allows for complete control with just one pedal. It can be switched-off with the press of a button. Not all EVs feature this technology.
tarik.arora is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 21:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Nissan Leaf with green number plate spied in Trivandrum

In view of the Nissan Leaf coming in as a CBU, it has resorted to certain cost cutting factors. It will sport steel wheels, will be devoid of ORVM mounted turn indicators and neither will it sport LED DRLS and fog lamps. Pricing of the Nissan Leaf EV is expected to be below the Rs.30 lakh.

More Details
Now this is annoying. Nissan already has a footprint across the country and I don't understand the logic of bringing it as a CBU. Is it only because of the battery/ powerplant ?? Charging two and half million while deleting features is simply not acceptable.
IMHO, Nissan is losing a rare opportunity here.
Kuldeep31 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks