Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2024, 16:35   #31

Re: DIY: Hardwired Dual-Channel Dashcam installation, with 24-hour surveillance (XUV700)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodocX View Post
DO-IT-YOURSELF:

DUAL-CHANNEL DASHCAM INSTALLATION IN THE XUV700, HARDWIRED WITH 24-HOUR PARKING SURVEILLANCE AND CONCEALED WIRING.

Hi everyone. Amit here. I have recently assumed ownership of an XUV 700 AX7L P AT.

One of the first things I wanted to do was to install a good dashcam in it. I'm not used to such a big car, and wanted documentary evidence if I ever got into trouble. The AX7L comes with a built in 360-degree camera which can record video onto an optional SD card. But it is limited to 32GB, difficult to access and the videos are distorted due to the extremely wide angle optics. While I have it enabled on my car, this is only a plan-B type solution. My first choice was still a high-quality, dedicated dashcam.
Thanks a lot. I just completed my install looking at your tutorial and it was spot on. There was no point where I felt lost as you covered it in detail. Can you also share the camera settings you are using as my camera seems to be always on if I enable parking surveillance although its set to low sensitivity? My car is parked right next to the society main gate, may be that's why.

I was not successful routing the rear camera wire through the rear door flex line. Can you post some more information on how and where to enter in so I can pass the cable. I could not see a clear route through where I can put the guide wire to fish the rear camera wire.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th September 2024 at 16:45. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 28th September 2024, 06:23   #32
BHPian

Re: DIY: Hardwired Dual-Channel Dashcam installation, with 24-hour surveillance (XUV700)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpres2 View Post
Thanks a lot.

Can you also share the camera settings you are using as my camera seems to be always on if I enable parking surveillance although its set to low sensitivity? My car is parked right next to the society main gate, may be that's why.

I was not successful routing the rear camera wire through the rear door flex line. Can you post some more information on how and where to enter in so I can pass the cable. I could not see a clear route through where I can put the guide wire to fish the rear camera wire.
Happy to help.

Camera settings for Parking Surveillance are at medium sensitivity. Recording duration selected as unlimited. There is also a time lapse recording feature but it is battery intensive so I have kept it disabled.

Recording is triggered when the car is bumped by someone or something. So if your camera is always on when in surveillance mode, something is wrong. It should only turn on when the camera's gyro/accelerometer senses movement of parked car. Even if car is parked outside, camera should not be recording unless car is shaken/bumped.

As for the cable routing, the last bit needs a little finger gymnastics. You need to pass a shuttling cable from the hole in the rear boot frame (where the rubber hose meets the frame - lets call it hole1) so that it comes out under the head liner on the right side through a hole in the body frame internally (hole2). Now tape the camera wire to this shuttling cable and pull it out of hole1. I used a few zip-ties daisychained together to make this shuttling cable as i did not have anything else available to me. Bend the tip of the lead tie a few times to give it a curve so that you can change it's direction.

DIY: Hardwired Dual-Channel Dashcam installation, with 24-hour surveillance (XUV700)-screenshot_20240922_103139_whatsapp-1.jpg

This step takes some patience and a little lit of luck, like jailbreaking a PSP but you'll eventually get it right. I have helped a few people do this over the phone, and after a little bit of a struggle they have all managed to get it right.

Best of luck!!

Last edited by OrthodocX : 28th September 2024 at 06:25.
OrthodocX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 11:34   #33
BHPian

DO-IT-YOURSELF:

DUAL-CHANNEL DASHCAM INSTALLATION IN THE XUV700, HARDWIRED WITH 24-HOUR PARKING SURVEILLANCE AND CONCEALED WIRING.
/QUOTE]

Thanks to BHPian OrthodocX's detailed tutorial and his help on telephone and Whatsapp, I completed this project on my 2022 XUV700 AXL Petrol yesterday. The only variation was the fuse box ACC Yellow hardwire installation; I found that for both F1 and F4 there was power even with the engine switched off, so I checked F13 and used that for the ACC connection.

This is my second DIY after the installation of the struts in the Bonnet.

I am grateful for the guidance and encouragment provided by OrthodocX.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2024, 06:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
DO-IT-YOURSELF:

/QUOTE]

Thanks to BHPian OrthodocX's detailed tutorial and his help on telephone and Whatsapp, I completed this project on my 2022 XUV700 AXL Petrol yesterday. The only variation was the fuse box ACC Yellow hardwire installation; I found that for both F1 and F4 there was power even with the engine switched off, so I checked F13 and used that for the ACC connection.

This is my second DIY after the installation of the struts in the Bonnet.

I am grateful for the guidance and encouragment provided by OrthodocX.
Happy you got the installation sorted out.

I am surprised that we have differing findings on F1 and F4 fuses between 2022 and 2024 cars! Wonder what else Mahindra has changed sneakily over the years...
Old 3rd October 2024, 18:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
All the dashcams I came across had the option to flip the orientation either through on-board settings or through the mobile app, without a physical flip.
True, I learnt it late!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks