Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2022, 13:43   #1
BHPian

DIY Install: Original Creta horns in a Tata Nexon

DIY Install Original Creta Horn in TATA Nexon

Recently, I bought a Tata Nexon XM(S) for my day to day commute. Though the car gives you a somewhat SUV-like feeling the stock horn doesn’t really compliment the SUV look of the car. So I decided to switch from the original stock horn, K-90 twin tone Uno Minda horn, to Creta’s original stock horn, Hyundai Original Creta 2015 HITGT Horns.

After doing thorough research, most of the guides told me I would need to cut the wires because TATA is notorious for using their proprietary connectors i.e. 2 pin fuel injector connector, instead of using universal horn adapters in their cars. They do this so people will not use aftermarket horns and just use TATA original horns. Cutting a wire in your brand new car is like setting fire to your warranty card, if any wire is cut, your warranty on the whole car is suspended.

So, I went to several workshops and came up with a way to change the horn without cutting a single wire. The whole process is easy and anyone can do it at home without spending a lot of money.
Now, we know we can’t cut the wire but installing the new horn is a must. To save us from this crisis, adapters come to rescue.

If you are someone who understands better from video. You can watch the video below.

Installing Original Creta Horns In Our Tata Nexon | Part-1 How To Remove Tata Nexon Front Bumper?

India's First Tata Nexon with Original Hyundai Creta Horns | Part-2 How To Install Horns with Wiring

Both of the cars have one high tone horn and one low tone horn.
This is why I had to buy both adapters, 2 male Tata nexon adapters (2 pin fuel injector) and 2 female adapters for hyundai creta horn. Also, as per BHPian Reinhard Nexon's connector is known as 282762-1 connector worldwide.
DIY Install: Original Creta horns in a Tata Nexon-creta-adapter.png
We will use each adapter, connect them together and then connect the horns using them. I got a pair of male female Tata connectors from a CNG service workshop for INR 200 and to get Hyundai connectors I had to go to Kashmiri Gate, Delhi. Each connector costs INR 120.
DIY Install: Original Creta horns in a Tata Nexon-nexon-adapter.png

Tools required

1. Screwdriver set
2. Spanner/ratchet set
3. Wire cutter
4. Tape
5. Horns (of course)
6. Hand safety Gloves
7. 2 Male Tata connectors
8. 2 Female Hyundai connectors
Now that we have all the tools and equipment ready. Let’s start with replacing the horn.

Procedure

Step 1: To replace the horn, we will need to remove the front bumper first. There are a total of 15 nuts and screws which you need to open in order to remove the front bumper.
DIY Install: Original Creta horns in a Tata Nexon-digram.png
Specification for all the nuts, bolts and screws
1,4 - Bolt (10 no.)
2,3 - Star head plastic screw
5,6 - Philips head screw
7,15 - Nut (10 no.)
9,13 - Bolt (10 no.)
8,10,11,12,14 - Philips head screw
Important Tip: Arrange the nuts and screws properly after taking them out so you can easily but back them from where they came.

Step 2: To remove the first four nuts and bolts, open the bonnet. Here, you will find 2 nuts and 2 screws. You will need 10 no. socket to open the nut and a star head to unscrew the screws.

Step 3: Remove screws number 5 and 6 using a phillips head screwdriver.
Tip: Turning your tyre in the opposite direction will help you in accessing the screws a little more easily.

Step 4: There are 5 screws, 2 nuts and 2 bolts under the front bumper.

Step 5: Remove the bumper from the screw in the bottom.
Note: The bumper will not fall even after removing all of the screws, nuts and bolts, as it is locked in the positions using locks.

Step 6: Remove the bumper from fenders by disengaging the locks. To disengage, slowly and firmly pull the bumper out. Do this on both of the side
Tip: You will need a person to assist you while removing the bumper, otherwise you might end up damaging it.

Step 7: Before removing the bumper completely, remove the indicator lights by rotating them counterclockwise and pulling them out.

Step 8: Remove the bracket by unscrewing the nut.

Step 9: Replace the horn on the bracket.

Step 10: Plug-in male Nexon adapter in the car’s female connector.

Step 11: Connect the male Nexon adapter to the female Hyundai adapter.
note: when connecting connectors, check if the horns are working or not. If they are not working, don’t panic and switch the cables and then it should work.

Step 12: Plug in female Hyundai connectors in the Creta horn.

Step 13: Screw back the brackets on the chassis.
It is important that your horn should face downwards because we don't want any water to go in the horn and stuck there.
DIY Install: Original Creta horns in a Tata Nexon-down-point-lt-horn.png

Step 14: Put back the bumper and engage all the locks
Note: Don't forget to put back the indicator while putting back the bumper.

Step 15: Screw all the screws, nuts and bolts back.

And with that, your new horn and car are good to go.
KarDIY is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 15:27   #2
BHPian

Re: DIY Install: Original Creta horns in a Tata Nexon

I'm unable to source the 2 pin fuel injector connector. Any links would be of great help.
FASTLIFE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 10:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTLIFE View Post
I'm unable to source the 2 pin fuel injector connector. Any links would be of great help.
I'm trying to arrange these connectors from Kashmere Gate Delhi. Tried many shops but all of them said that this connector is not common and they need time to arrange and that too if I need them in large quantity. Hence once arranged I will update you.

You can try at cng workshop also if available in your locality.

Last edited by Sheel : 28th February 2022 at 12:04. Reason: Please do not promote your social media reach via Team-BHP. Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2022, 15:51   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful project. Hyundai-Kia definitely provide the best of the horns available in our mass-market cars. Enviable sounds for sure. And great that you managed to get into the Nexon. Takes the overall experience to a new level. Thanks for sharing the thread.
Quote:
Visit any nearby CNG installation store and ask for "Korean Coupler/Connector". They have it. That is the connector you need in Tata cars.

Last edited by Reinhard : 2nd March 2022 at 15:55.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 19:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Visit any nearby CNG installation store and ask for "Korean Coupler/Connector". They have it. That is the connector you need in Tata cars.
Unfortunately there's no CNG pump in Midnapore district afaik, illegal lpg fittings are/were done and the shop is permanently closed . I need to source from outside only.
Old 4th March 2022, 10:01   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately there's no CNG pump in Midnapore district afaik, illegal lpg fittings are/were done and the shop is permanently closed . I need to source from outside only.
Don't worry DIYer. PM me I will help you out

Last edited by KarDIY : 4th March 2022 at 10:22.
Old 25th December 2023, 02:04   #7
BHPian

Could you let me know how did you source the Horn please? TIA
Old 30th December 2023, 03:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
Could you let me know how did you source the Horn please? TIA
I am also considering to install these horns, they are available on Boodmo.
They have gotten even more expensive btw, cost ~1600 each now!

Here are the links. Not sure if there's any noticeable difference between the two versions.

2018 facelift -> Low Pitch, High Pitch

2020 2nd gen -> Low Pitch, High Pitch

Also, kudos to bhpian KarDIY, your videos have been really informative!
arbaz906 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks