Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2021, 13:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

2 minute 500-rupee DIY | Day-night IRVM swap in my Maruti S-Presso

Encouraged by https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-alto-k10.html (DIY : Day-Night IRVM install in a Maruti Alto K10) - thanks OP Reinhard. I drive for 65-70Kms after 6PM daily and after changing my old car to spresso Lxi I was really suffering with the basic IRVM. I spent some time on boodmo and found the part I wanted from Maruti's parts bin.

Since this is more simpler mod (not involving any wires) I wanted this to be a reference thread to other maruti owners who have the El-Cheapo Pain-in-the-eyes IRVM.

Car - Maruti Spresso Lxi CNG, Aug-21 Model
Came with Part # - 84703M62S00-6GS - 205Rs on Boodmo
Refit with - 84703M75J12-6GS - 511Rs
Tools - Minus Screwdriver and Philips Screwdriver
Time Needed - 2-3 Minutes max for swap
Difficult Level - Beginner/Novice can pull it off

Old IRVM

2 minute 500-rupee DIY | Day-night IRVM swap in my Maruti S-Presso-oldback.jpg

Plastic Cover, To be pried out with Minus Screw driver

2 minute 500-rupee DIY | Day-night IRVM swap in my Maruti S-Presso-cover.jpg

And remove two Philips (Plus +) screws...

2 minute 500-rupee DIY | Day-night IRVM swap in my Maruti S-Presso-screw-driver.jpg

After fitting

2 minute 500-rupee DIY | Day-night IRVM swap in my Maruti S-Presso-after-fit.jpg

Added and unknown benefit whilst ordering in Boodmo... It is about 3/4 inch wider

2 minute 500-rupee DIY | Day-night IRVM swap in my Maruti S-Presso-size.jpg

Boodmo part reference

2 minute 500-rupee DIY | Day-night IRVM swap in my Maruti S-Presso-boodmo.jpg

Cannot wait to hit the dark highways...

Side Note - thanks to 'shameless' maruti for at least keeping it as standard and swappable as possible...

Happy Motoring...
svsantosh is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 14:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: 2 minute 500-rupee DIY | Day-night IRVM swap in my Maruti S-Presso

Neat Job.
And well done.
The Day/Night Mirror is a basic instrument, which is in-dispensable for night time usage.

These category of essential items should be mandated by the Govt. (Just like ABS & Airbags).
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:10   #3
BHPian

Re: 2 minute 500-rupee DIY | Day-night IRVM swap in my Maruti S-Presso

Nice one @svsanthosh , might I ask you why didn't you go ahead with auto dimming IRVM from Honda? The only part which you would be searching for is the windshield IRVM mount which again you would find in any MASS or service stations where windshields are changed.

In August this year when I thought of the idea why not plonk this Honda auto dimming mirror on my 15 year swift, I only had to search for the mount and did the wiring. Boodmo had a ready stock of the mirror and hence got it in 5 days. Total DIY costed me just ₹587

Attaching link of the Auto dimming IRVM below

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-76400t4rj11-12566131/
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 09:45   #4
BHPian

Hi Ashton, is there a link to your DIY and the IRVM mount part number? I have been thinking of this mod for my 8 YO Swift since the time the New City came home and I find this auto dimming mirror incredibly useful. Please suggest.
Rakeshmbalaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:17   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeshmbalaji View Post
Hi Ashton, is there a link to your DIY and the IRVM mount part number? I have been thinking of this mod for my 8 YO Swift since the time the New City came home and I find this auto dimming mirror incredibly useful. Please suggest.
Yess , although there is no part number for the IRVM mount. You can manage to find in service centers where the windshield is changed.

Thread is written by @chiranjitp and here's the link

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...uti-swift.html (DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM and Digital Clock & Temperature Display in my Maruti Swift)

Part number: 76400T4RJ11

Price: Rs. 422.

Boodmo Link:

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-76400t4rj11-12566131/

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
Yess , although there is no part number for the IRVM mount. You can manage to find in service centers where the windshield is changed.

Thread is written by @chiranjitp and here's the link

Thank you, just placed the order. Coincidentally just sent my Swift for windshield change, will check with the garage if they have this mount and get my mounting done. Appreciate it!
Rakeshmbalaji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:55   #7
BHPian

Quick and useful DIY activity. I had done a similar swap for my dad's Nexon XMA.

I was appalled to see that Tata did not provide this in Nexon XMA, but offered it from the next variant onwards. Purchased one from Boodmo and just changed it.

IMO, something like a day/night mirror should be a part of standard safety equipment, and it is sad to see manufacturers skimping on something this basic.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 08:28   #8
BHPian

Just got my spresso vxi+ AGS, and the keyboard warrior in me found this thread and got to it. Ordered from boodmo, installed the day night mirror in under 10 minutes, and cannot thank @svsantosh enough for this life saving lifehack!
Attached Thumbnails
2 minute 500-rupee DIY | Day-night IRVM swap in my Maruti S-Presso-img_20220512_071802.jpg  

sriku is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 23:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Encouraged by [url]

Since this is more simpler mod (not involving any wires) I wanted this to be a reference thread to other maruti owners who have the El-Cheapo Pain-in-the-eyes IRVM.
I followed this instruction word by word. Purchased the exact item, thanks to the precise item number. And I was able to complete the process without any major issue.

The only minor issue I faced was to detach the current mirror from the plastic attachment. I was afraid to ruin the cheap plastics by pressing it on the wrong places. It turns out that all you need is a simple push on the side of the plastic where there is a rectangular hole (facing the windshield) and voilą!

This solves my biggest three pains of espresso. The other two being
1) Lack of power window in back seats
2) Lack of rear windshield wiper

Guess these are a lot harder to install - especially with the perennial risk of voiding the electrical warranty looming over my shoulder.
anirbanjoy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks