Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2024, 15:43   #1306
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Car Hobby: Jaguar XJR, Mercedes W123, Alfa Romeo Spider, Jeep Cherokee & Mini One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I am pleased and surprised at the professionalism of Marc. It's impossible to find the level of professionalism as exhibited by Marc in any of the workshops in India. Can you share how much did the engine work and carb convert cost totally?
Thanks, I will pass on your compliments to Marc.

I prefer not to share the exact cost. Each conversion is always different.

As I have mentioned the cost of labour here in the west is considerably more than in India. An hour of a car mechanics time will cost Euro 100-150. Marc also installed a 123 electronic ignition. (https://123ignition.com/products/)

On average these conversion takes 2-3 days, so 16-24 hours. It’s not just putting the carbs on, it is also removing everything from the Bosch injection system, which includes sensors and wiring loom, evap-kit and so on. Modify the camshaft advance etc etc.

I choose Weber carbs. You won’t find them under Euro 500 a piece.

So as a very rough guide, depending on the car and what kind of kit you get installed anywhere between Euro 3500 - 7000.

But you really need to get a quote for each conversion and decide on your requirements. It can vary a lot, but it won’t be cheap ever!

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 15:47   #1307
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Car Hobby: Jaguar XJR, Mercedes W123, Alfa Romeo Spider, Jeep Cherokee & Mini One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Thanks, I will pass on your compliments to Marc.

I prefer not to share the exact cost. Each conversion is always different.

Jeroen
Thanks for the approximate cost breakup.

Along with the right quality parts, one also needs a competent pair of hands and brain to work with the parts. And Marc looks like he is definitely one based on the interactions that you have shared with him! The kind of support he has provided for the job done on the spider is remarkable. He really knows his stuff and has high work ethics, which is hard to find in automobile service industry, at least in India!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks