Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2017, 08:50   #91
BHPian

Re: DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You can. Please go ahead it is a good dash camera.

I am confused between this one and Street Guardian SG9665GC. Tired with the MINI 0806 issue of getting an error on its own.
I ordered the Dashcam. In all the user experiences on internet this seems to be the best camera in the budget below 100 USD.

VIOFO A119 2.0" LCD Capacitor Novatek 96660 HD 2K 1440P DVR with GPS CPL Filter

Meanwhile i wait for the delivery i want to shop for a good Memory card. Following are my questions for you.
1. Size of the card suggested
2. Brand and the type
3. Is it OK to go for 64 GB or should i plan to get 2 cards of 32 GB each.
4. I want to have at least 6 hours of video recording at one go.
5. Any other suggestions

Thanks in advance for your support...
Old 11th March 2017, 09:18   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Any other suggestions
I'll say get a Transcend micro SD card. Get a 64GB one.

Get a good hardwiring kit to do a good install of the dashcam.
Old 20th April 2017, 03:36   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The battery inside your 0806 needs to be replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The Mini produces great video during the day (not bad at night either), but fails miserably IMO when it comes to reliability.
Hey buddy, bumping this thread again after a long time.

Issues faced so far with the MINI 0806:

1. "FGMT ERR - Need Format"

2. When ignition is switched ON, the dashcam comes alive after a minute or two.

Sometimes it comes ON, goes OFF thinking it is on dashcam battery power but suddenly realizes that it is on 12V power from fuse box. Again it comes alive.

I got a doubt may be the hardwiring kit that I bought isn't of good quality and was searching websites for a better one. Started searching...

------------------

Days, months passed by and I totally forgot about these two issues.

Coming to present day...

4 days back I replaced my cars battery - Exide as it was dying (delayed cranking symptom + 9.2V while cranking) which gave me a clear idea that the Exide is dying. Replaced it with Amaron 65Ah battery.

Reconnected the battery and the dashcam is back in life instantly when ignition is ON. Voila!! (Problem 2 yet to reappear till now).

Have driven around 450 kms since battery change and the " FGMT ERR - Need format " hasn't come up ever.

So should I conclude that it is back to normalcy w.r.t performance of the MINI 0806?

I'll keep an eye on the issue for some more days before I conclude.

My question is, changing a battery on the car has so much effect on the Dashcam performance?!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 04:06   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Hey buddy, bumping this thread again after a long time.

Issues faced so far with the MINI 0806:

1. "FGMT ERR - Need Format"

Sometimes it comes ON, goes OFF thinking it is on dashcam battery power but suddenly realizes that it is on 12V power from fuse box. Again it comes alive.

I got a doubt may be the hardwiring kit that I bought isn't of good quality and was searching websites for a better one. Started searching...

------------------

Days, months passed by and I totally forgot about these two issues.

Coming to present day...

4 days back I replaced my cars battery - Exide as it was dying (delayed cranking symptom + 9.2V while cranking) which gave me a clear idea that the Exide is dying. Replaced it with Amaron 65Ah battery.

Reconnected the battery and the dashcam is back in life instantly when ignition is ON. Voila!! (Problem 2 yet to reappear till now).

Have driven around 450 kms since battery change and the " FGMT ERR - Need format " hasn't come up ever.

So should I conclude that it is back to normalcy w.r.t performance of the MINI 0806?

I'll keep an eye on the issue for some more days before I conclude.

My question is, changing a battery on the car has so much effect on the Dashcam performance?!

Good to know the unit is functioning as it should.

The problematic part of the equation is the crappy power management system housed inside the mini series (or probably the lack of one entirely). Slightest of fluctuations can cause SD read/write and general reliability issues. Either way 9.2V is way too low.

Quote:

This symptom leans towards a not so reliable battery (the one inside the mini). If it acts up again, the battery inside going bad would be my first bet.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 10:31   #95
BHPian

I’m trying to hardwire my dashcam in my Innova Crysta 2021. Lost trying to locate the fuse box that I need to connect to. Can someone guide please?
Old 15th May 2021, 11:06   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
I’m trying to hardwire my dashcam in my Innova Crysta 2021. Lost trying to locate the fuse box that I need to connect to. Can someone guide please?
Check if it is under the steering wheel panel or behind the glove box. Also, refer to the Owner's manual, it will have the details of the fuse box location.

Last edited by a4anurag : 15th May 2021 at 11:16.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 11:33   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Check if it is under the steering wheel panel or behind the glove box. Also, refer to the Owner's manual, it will have the details of the fuse box location.
Following your guidance, I found this under the glove box:

DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera-78247cf4a04242ff9668db75584ca209.jpeg

It has this cover, that I took off to be able to read it clearly:

DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera-31a00f780ca8436696518509ff897802.jpeg

I hope I reached the right place.

Thanks to the help. I shall search this thread to find out which fuses I need to tap into.
Old 15th May 2021, 12:03   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks to the help. I shall search this thread to find out which fuses I need to tap into.
There must be a fuse puller in the engine compartment fuse box. Use that and pull out one fuse example: "P/Outlet No.1"* and hardwire the dashcam to that fuse. Can you post the picture of the fuse after pulling one of them out?

DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera-screenshot_20161002113830.png

See which type fuse matches the one in your car from the above diagram and order that specific spare fuse and fuse tap cable for easy hardwiring.

*Note 1: Ignition should be OFF during this time for safety purpose.

Note 2: Avoid using critical fuses like A/BAG, ETCS etc reason, for any reason the fuse blocks, car safety will not be compromised.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 13:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
There must be a fuse puller in the engine compartment fuse box. Use that and pull out one fuse example: "P/Outlet No.1"* and hardwire the dashcam to that fuse. Can you post the picture of the fuse after pulling one of them out?
Here we go:

DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera-efc8bb63ba854a9c94c22216a8b9347f.jpeg

Quote:
See which type fuse matches the one in your car from the above diagram and order that specific spare fuse and fuse tap cable for easy hardwiring.
I have the correct fuse taps

DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera-f3215e511c664cb68ef4217431b2366c.jpeg

Quote:
*Note 1: Ignition should be OFF during this time for safety purpose.

Note 2: Avoid using critical fuses like A/BAG, ETCS etc reason, for any reason the fuse blocks, car safety will not be compromised.
My situation is a bit more complicated. I am installing the 70 MAI Pro dashcam which has a parking mode. This requires two power inputs; one from a VCC source which powers the dashcam even after the car is switched off/ locked (for parking mode), and the second one from ACC source (for running mode). Though it beats me why normal running can not be powered from the VCC as well. The kit has two fuse taps for this purpose.

I have a multimeter to identify the correct fuses, but I am barely able to get one hand into the constricted space. Using a multimeter there will be very difficult.

Could you guide me which non-criticall fuse I can tap into for VCC and ACC.

Last edited by ganeshnag75 : 15th May 2021 at 13:19.
ganeshnag75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 13:23   #100
BANNED

Use a 12V tester pen to get to know which is the correct fuse that works when the ignition is ON and when the ignition is OFF.

Quote:
Could you guide me on which non-critical fuse I can tap into for VCC and ACC.
You can use:

P/Outlet No.1
Fog FR/DRL
Old 15th May 2021, 20:20   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the detailed and step by step instructions. I managed to install it albeit with some challenges.

Quote:
Avoid using critical fuses like A/BAG, ETCS etc reason, for any reason the fuse blocks, car safety will not be compromised.
Quote:
You can use:

P/Outlet No.1
Fog FR/DRL
I ended up using Hazard Lt/ Indicator for VCC and Fog Lt/ DRL for ACC.

Unfortunately the micro SD card that had lying around was incompatible. So I could not check the functioning of the dashcam. Waiting for a card to be delivered from NexDigitron. Will update once I plug in the card.

The cable for the rear cam was not long enough for routing through the floor of the car. I had to move the cable along the ceiling but I am quite confident that it’s not coming in the way of the curtain airbags.

I ended up losing two of the Trim Panel Retainer Clips on the A pillar panel and the panel near the passenger foot. I have managed to keep them in place using double side tape, and will have to fix it in my next workshop visit.

In the rear too, I pulled out the rubber wire harness to snake the rear cam cable through it, but could not push it back to fit snugly into its slot. That’s also something that I’ll have to leave for the workshop.

But at the end of it, it was a day well spent, and a job done quite well. Thanks to a4anurag

Last edited by ganeshnag75 : 15th May 2021 at 20:40.
ganeshnag75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 20:48   #102
BANNED

Quote:
I managed to install it albeit with some challenges.
Btw, which dashcam is it that you just installed?

Quote:
But at the end of it, it was a day well spent, and a job done quite well. Thanks to a4anurag.
Anytime sir. The DIY method gives one a lot of satisfaction after the install is done and working.

Did you format the memory card in the dashcam?
Old 15th May 2021, 21:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, which dashcam is it that you just installed?
It’s a 70MAI A500S PRO PLUS+ DUAL CHANNEL DASHCAM

Quote:
Did you format the memory card in the dashcam?
It didn’t even reach the stage where it asks for formatting the card. Just a blank screen.
Old 15th May 2021, 21:49   #104
BANNED

Quote:
It’s a 70MAI A500S Pro plus+ dual channel dashcam
That's nice.

I am also planning to get a dual channel for my Creta. Have narrowed down to Viofo or Street Guardian. Shall decide and order one.
Old 15th May 2021, 22:50   #105
BHPian

Quote:
My situation is a bit more complicated. I am installing the 70 MAI Pro dashcam which has a parking mode. This requires two power inputs; one from a VCC source which powers the dashcam even after the car is switched off/ locked (for parking mode), and the second one from ACC source (for running mode). Though it beats me why normal running can not be powered from the VCC as well. The kit has two fuse taps for this purpose
I have a Blackvue DR750 dashcam in my car but not hot wired. It was connected through the lighter socket in the car. I left it on 24/7 and saw my starter battery running down. I had to get a tow truck twice because of that.

I installed another battery under the seat and do not have this problem now. My starter battery is at 100A. I installed a 99A Lithium battery as I run a few other stuff on this battery.

It was a bit more work to do this. I use a 30A DC-DC charger for the extra battery.

How will it work out for you if you leave it on parking mode? How big is your battery?

Last edited by Indian2003 : 15th May 2021 at 22:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks