Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2021, 19:11   #31
BHPian

Re: DIY Repair: Windshield Chip & Crack

Hello
The windshield on my Santro Xing is damaged and leaking water. This is the result of a raw mango falling on fro the height of 2nd floor. Any suggestions where I can get fixed after the lockdown. I am currently living in Girinagar Bangalore.
Old 24th May 2021, 19:20   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
Hello
The windshield on my Santro Xing is damaged and leaking water. This is the result of a raw mango falling on fro the height of 2nd floor. Any suggestions where I can get fixed after the lockdown. I am currently living in Girinagar Bangalore.
Can you share an image of the crack developed? We can then ascertain if the damage is repairable or needs a windscreen replacement.
Old 24th May 2021, 19:24   #33
BHPian

Will do when I can take pic in the morning. Looking at it, it definitely needs a replacement. The cracks have spread mercifully on the co drivers side.
Old 24th May 2021, 19:55   #34
BHPian

I got a chip on my windscreen and I had it repaired. Insurance companies pays for repairs if you have cover. I was there when they repaired it. he used about 45 minutes.

First he drilled a tiny hole in the middle of the chip. Then he applied vacuum first before the resin. This was then hardened with an untraviolet lamp. In the end, I can see a tiny spot of about a millimeter where he drilled. The fine cracks have all gone.

Most Viewed