Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz DIY: Reducing rattles and custom lighting for the cabin & boot

Such a smart and useful DIY Ameya. Mind sharing the ebay link (or the seller name) for that rectangular LED cabin light? And how to get those connectors?
Old 26th July 2015, 15:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Nice DIY. Any idea how we can get this done for older Jazz which did not come with boot light.
You can do it if you get hold of the wiring schematics to see where you can draw power from and if there is a sensor (I believe there should be since central lock system detects when boot is open) that detects opening and closing of boot. you can check with members on similar thread for Polo to know how to get hold of the schematics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
Such a smart and useful DIY Ameya. Mind sharing the ebay link (or the seller name) for that rectangular LED cabin light? And how to get those connectors?
I don't see my purchase history on ebay and seems the seller is not currently listed. From my email I got that it was named as 'Digitru-Car LED Dome Light (48 LED)'. Ensure you get the one that has 48 LED & not 36 LED so that you have sufficient light. Also mine is a COB (chip on board) type and not normal LEDs. Also, Dome LED connectors come with the Light itself.
Name:  Car Dome LED.png
Views: 2259
Size:  82.7 KB

Last edited by naikameya : 26th July 2015 at 15:58. Reason: Added image for reference
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 10:20   #18
BHPian

The proper name for these lights are "DOME FESTOON" lights.
Just search with that name and you wil get plenty of choices
Old 9th March 2016, 16:09   #19
BHPian

Hi Scrooze, Could you get the details of how to fit a boot light in the older Jazz. I was also interested in it .Actually, I had never imagined that the Jazz would not have this as a standard equipment and really miss it while placing luggage at night.Thanks.
Old 7th December 2017, 01:28   #20
BHPian

I've got the 2009 model jazz, no parcel tray and I don't see any mounts to install an aftermarket product. What could be done, any suggestions?
Old 11th August 2019, 13:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Lot of us are finicky about even a small rattle coming from our cars...at least I am. So here are some ways to reduce that. Some of the common areas are as follows:
Where you parcel shelf comes in contact with the car body. Place some cushioning foam tape so that the parcel shelf does not come in direct contact of the body.
Big thanks for this nice, simple and neat DIY. I was finicky about this rattle from the parcel tray and it becomes more awkward when someone sitting from the rear seat says there is some unwarranted sound from the back. I was trying to find the solution and even HASS is not able to identify and fix this. I always get the standard answer "That's how its built and it will be like that". I stumbled upon this page some time back and wanted to do something quick and simple with the inputs from your posts.

This is how I did it.

I got hold of small rubber beading and attached it to the parcel tray at the corners where it meets the body. Additionally, i added two small pieces of rubber sheet (yoga mats) to the two rubber dampeners which meet the hatch door as in the last image. Voila, I don't have that rattling sound from the parcel tray.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz DIY: Reducing rattles and custom lighting for the cabin & boot-img_0910.jpg  

Honda Jazz DIY: Reducing rattles and custom lighting for the cabin & boot-img_0906.jpg  

Honda Jazz DIY: Reducing rattles and custom lighting for the cabin & boot-img_0907.jpg  

Honda Jazz DIY: Reducing rattles and custom lighting for the cabin & boot-img_0908.jpg  

Honda Jazz DIY: Reducing rattles and custom lighting for the cabin & boot-img_0909.jpg  

saisree is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks