Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 16:26   #91
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat DIY - Unlocking Features in the Speedo console

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuldevnath View Post
I was under the impression that the LT Model, with ACC should have the ambient temperature installed. Isn't that so?
yes, that is absolutely true. the LT model SHOULD have the sensor, unless they have made any changes for cost cutting :(
Old 30th December 2013, 17:13   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuldevnath View Post

I was under the impression that the LT Model, with ACC should have the ambient temperature installed. Isn't that so?
Rahul, mine is a March 2011 manufactured Beat LT Petrol and has the sensor. Same with Salbin.

You can check the location of the sensor device behind the front grille. Check the Chevrolet Beat Test Drive and Review Thread. Salbin had posted a picture of the sensor device on his car - HERE

Salbin's ambient temperature wasn't showing the day we did the DIY. It started showing from the next day.
It could be a simple connection issue, or may be your Beat actually doesn't have the sensor.
Like I said, best way is to check for the sensor device in the car itself.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 30th December 2013 at 17:24.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 14:43   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
OT: On the boot space thing, I got a roof carrier fitted on the top of the rails on my LT. Mr Beat has seen it while we fixed the tact switch on out Beats. The carrier is made specially for the cars with roof rails. Cost is close to 3.4-3.6K . Worth the penny, atleast i can carry my kids Pram on the roof and some long distance outing can now be planned in the Beat.
Please share the details of roof carrier like company, size, capacity, etc and post the pictures of your car with roof carrier.
Old 4th January 2014, 19:54   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Rahul, mine is a March 2011 manufactured Beat LT Petrol and has the sensor. Same with Salbin.

You can check the location of the sensor device behind the front grille. Check the Chevrolet Beat Test Drive and Review Thread. Salbin had posted a picture of the sensor device on his car - HERE

Salbin's ambient temperature wasn't showing the day we did the DIY. It started showing from the next day.
It could be a simple connection issue, or may be your Beat actually doesn't have the sensor.
Like I said, best way is to check for the sensor device in the car itself.
The sensor is very much present. But on OBD2 Torque, i'm still not able to read Ambient Temp.
Old 18th January 2014, 22:11   #95
BHPian

Hi guys. A close friend has a beat LTO tcdi version and very interested in this mod. It appears that the mod does not work on the Diesel engine. Can anyone confirm? The car is a 2011 car.

Last edited by deep_bang : 18th January 2014 at 22:12.
Old 19th January 2014, 13:28   #96
Senior - BHPian

@ deep_bang

Kindly follow the steps mentioned here in

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3313215

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3313342

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 11:11   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Please share the details of roof carrier like company, size, capacity, etc and post the pictures of your car with roof carrier.
Here is the pic of the carrier, didnt check the load limit as i just wanted it to carry the baby Pram and appx 20-25Kg Luggage bag when i travel to the airport. By the way i have sold my beat 2 weeks back.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat DIY - Unlocking Features in the Speedo console-img_20140112_164638.jpg  

yogisays0909 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 20:40   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
By the way i have sold my beat 2 weeks back.
Any specific reason for selling the Beat? Which new car did you purchase.
Old 12th March 2014, 20:43   #99
BHPian

Does anyone know if these 'hidden features' are also available on the Chevy Sail UVa console?
Old 13th March 2014, 10:06   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Any specific reason for selling the Beat? Which new car did you purchase.
The main reason being space constraints and was feeling too cramped in the small cabin, and it was almost 2.5 years with the beat. Although did not cloak high mileage, had bought it with 5.5K on the odo and sold at 18K. Buying an 2009-2011 Accord 2.4 AT as an replacement for the beat. Waiting to crack some decent deal.
Old 29th August 2014, 01:53   #101

Quote:
From Left: salbin > soumyajit9 > superutp
Thank you Guys! I wish to try this soon. Can you please post the actual Tact Switch Product URL so that I can purchase couple of those for my Beat PS soon?

Quote:
Yes, it can be done in PS too.
I guess, you do not have the clock function. So you would have only one button - Trip.
You would require two switches to solder behind those dummy buttons.
This would give you the Clock feature too !!

However, you would not get the Outside Temperature reading, since PS does not have the sensor installed.
Thanks a lot! I am from Navi Mumbai and own a Beat PS and will try this MOD pretty soon. I am happy to learn that at least the Clock and DTE (Distance to Empty) features are available in Beat PS. Thank you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Thanks to Sablin (For discovery and sending across the switch), me and yogesh completed the process in Navi Mumbai and both our Beat's have this feature activated

The DTE after filling the fuel full tank was 658 Kms!!!
@Mr.Beat - Yes, I am a newbie in this forum but I have been reading your posts since the day you posted your Beat's photos in one of the ownership review threads. I was not a registered member back than but an epic follower of your posts. I reside in Navi Mumbai itself but don't know how should I connect with you and meet you. As I am newbie, I have some restrictions that I cannot PM other members and it may be against the policies of Team-BHP to share my contact details with you over here. Is there anyway where we can meet up either on this week's Saturday or on Sunday? I would be mostly free in the afternoon hours. Please do let me know.

Quote:
The details of total journey is as follows:
Very true; huge difference in figures from vehicle to vehicle would have certainly made Chevrolet service guys run mad. Therefore Chevrolet likely have masked the feature.
Amazing! Kudos to your driving skills to get such a wonderful FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
If i remember correctly, when me and yogdip were completing this DIY, i had noticed that mine (2010) model speedo console was from a different manufacturer while Yogdip (2012) model was made by a different manufacturer.
I would love to try this MOD if any member who owns a Chevy Beat PS (Petrol) can confirm that the MOD is up and running in this variant. Please Beat PS (Petrol) Owners help!

Last edited by aah78 : 29th August 2014 at 07:13. Reason: Posts edited & merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Quote only relevant portions of posts. Thanks!
Old 31st August 2014, 16:16   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4amish View Post
Thank you Guys! I wish to try this soon. Can you please post the actual Tact Switch Product URL so that I can purchase couple of those for my Beat PS soon?
I am happy to learn that at least the Clock and DTE (Distance to Empty) features are available in Beat PS. Thank you again!

I would love to try this MOD if any member who owns a Chevy Beat PS (Petrol) can confirm that the MOD is up and running in this variant. Please Beat PS (Petrol) Owners help!
I suggest you to pull out the dummy switch and try shorting the terminals before attempting the dismantling.
As I remember, PS model was not having the feature.
So it is better to check before you buy this:
ers.com/product/alps/skpmape010/black-stem-tactile-switch-spst-no-50ma-5mm/7582041.aspx
Old 1st September 2014, 12:05   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Search for the the link on the team-bhp test drive and review thread. I am sure you will find it

Quote:
@Mr.Beat - Yes, I am a newbie in this forum but I have been reading your posts since the day you posted your Beat's photos in one of the ownership review threads. I was not a registered member back than but an epic follower of your posts. I reside in Navi Mumbai itself but don't know how should I connect with you and meet you. I would be mostly free in the afternoon hours. Please do let me know.
Hi A4amish, We can meet on the weekends for sure. Firstly, get the switch so that our meet becomes more productive for you. Thank you for the kind words
Old 13th June 2015, 22:17   #104

Hello Bhp Team.

I tired doing it the unlocking feature myself.. I unsuccessful, is there some to assist in Chennai.

I have a Beat LS 2010 Model. Can some in Chennai assist me with the unlocking Feature...

Veera
veerark@gmail.com
Old 16th January 2017, 19:28   #105
BHPian

Wow!! apologies for restarting such an old thread, but could not stop myself.
I recently got added as a member to the site, but have spent over a decade scrolling through the site. Everytime I think I have covered the site, such gems emerge and I am amazed again.
I have a Dec 2009 Beat petrol with just 28 K on the odo and I was looking to attach my tablet to the central slot above the AC vents to run the Torque application, so that I could monitor FE, DTE etc. while looking for ways to open the dash, I found this thread and now my DIY efforts have been totally diverted.
I checked my car, it does not have the ambient temp sensor. But the OBD does give out the air intake temperature. Since the intake is very close to the sensor location, I am wondering is there another location for the sensor or is there another sensor doing duty here?
Will update on the display ability once I check the console for the functionality. fingers crossed!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks