Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2024, 16:30   #1
BHPian

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)

I have been a car audio enthusiast since the time I started driving. Over the years I have heard many outstanding sound systems in cars and have come forward in appreciating the level of time, patience and experience required to put forward all equipment that sounds just the way you want it to sound. I have had my fair share of listening to sound systems that don’t work well together to actually know how even after spending small fortunes one can feel unsatisfied with the sound output.

I have been to all major car audio stores in Delhi for some or the other work over the years and feel Team BHP members would highly benefit from this thread.

Name: Dream Audio By Chandu

Offerings
  • Car audio
  • Have all the name brands running in the market – DD, Audison, Rainbow, Hertz, Cerwin Vega, Pioneer, Sony, Nakamichi, Alpine, Onkyo, Blaupunkt, Blam, DB Drive, Morel and others
  • Other car accessories

USP
  • Honest pricing and genuine advice on equipment selection
  • Equipment knowledge
  • Strong team that knows what they are doing
  • Owner (Chandu) does not boss around the team but works himself on the cars along with them
  • Have seen them doing late night jobs
  • Have ample space for indoor installation and total parking of 6-10 cars

What I like
  • They give full time to each car, do not rush the jobs
  • They offer you trial of speakers/woofers so you can finalize the one you want which is rare these days
  • They don’t turn away small jobs and resolve any issues that you face later after installation

What can be improved

May be more premium brands as they expand in market

Contact Details

Dream Audio By Chandu

Contact Person: Chandu

Contact number: 92111 22007

Location: A-1 GF Chhotey Lal Part, Basai Dara pur, New Delhi, Delhi 110015

Google Link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/PR2n5UU9zVWLVZLL9

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DreamAudio0107

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-1.jpg

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-2.jpg

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-3.jpg

Last year while selling my car I shifted my complete audio to new car here at Dream Audio while upgrading few components. The experience was great, they advised me on my current equipment and how additional equipment can improve the sound quality.

This year I went ahead for full system install in my Glanza, details and pictures of install:

Headunit: OEM Suzuki/Toyota 7 inch touch screen with Android Auto, Apple Car Play wireless
Front: Flux Sporty -260 2 way component speakers
Rear: Flux Sporty -260 2 way component speakers
4 channel amplifier: Audison SR 4.300
Mono amplifier: DD Redline 500.1
Woofer: DB Drive WDX8G1.4
Damping: CTK and Morel
Wiring: Stinger and Blaupunkt

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-l4.jpg

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-l5.jpg

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-l6.jpg

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-l7.jpg

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-l8.jpg

Verdict: This was the sound I was looking to achieve in my car from many many years!

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Dream Audio and this thread is my personal experience
yogiii is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 23:29   #2
BHPian

re: Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Damping: CTK and Morel
I wanted to ask, does Damping make any difference to the sound quality? If yes, then how exactly? Also, does it reduce outside noises? I currently have system consisting of Sony and Pioneer and the Car which I am considering is Maruti Zen.
Old 24th January 2024, 09:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
I have been to all major car audio stores in Delhi for some or the other work over the years and feel Team BHP members would highly benefit from this thread.

[
Thank you yogii for such useful information.
Never thought that I could find a good audio shop near Rajouri Garden. Have several times visited Karol Bagh accessory shops for work in friends cars but never had satisfaction.
There was no way to test the audio setup before and all were keen on promoting JL Audio setup and never could explain why.
Old 24th January 2024, 10:22   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
Never thought that I could find a good audio shop near Rajouri Garden. Have several times visited Karol Bagh accessory shops for work in friends cars but never had satisfaction.
There was no way to test the audio setup before and all were keen on promoting JL Audio setup and never could explain why.
Motor Concept, Kirti Nagar is also an option to you can consider. Used to be recommended by bhpians for high end installs and I personally used their services once 10 years back. My install was basic but I was pretty satisfied with my dealing with them. 10 years have gone by though so not sure how they fare now.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 11:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiiityaaa View Post
I wanted to ask, does Damping make any difference to the sound quality? If yes, then how exactly? Also, does it reduce outside noises? I currently have system consisting of Sony and Pioneer and the Car which I am considering is Maruti Zen.
Yes damping makes a good difference, especially in Japanese and Korean cars. You can read up in our audio forum a lot of Gurus would advise to go for damping even if you are not upgrading your speakers.

It reduces outside noises, like you no longer hear the conversation two wheeler riders are having outside your door, your horn will sound meek inside the cabin if you compare before and after.

I also got the complete floor damped for enhanced sound insulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
I could never dare go to Karol Bagh for any electrical work, they would cut your wires left, right and center without you knowing a thing about it. After visiting the good installers listed on Team BHP Delhi NCR directory you can see the level of these installers is much much higher than do all car accessory shops.

One more good thing that I recall about Dream Audio is you can visit them to know what new products are available, they don't shy away from window shoppers , tell them your budget, know what all options are available in the budget and get an estimate of total install. On the install day you can audition options in your budget to finalize the one of your taste.
yogiii is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 18:16   #6
BHPian

Re: Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Motor Concept, Kirti Nagar is also an option to you can consider. Used to be recommended by bhpians for high end installs and I personally used their services once 10 years back. My install was basic but I was pretty satisfied with my dealing with them. 10 years have gone by though so not sure how they fare now.
You'll be shocked to see the difference in the quality of service that Motor Concept used to provide 10 years ago vs. today. Especially after getting involved with a certain YouTuber.

P.S. - The owner of Dream Audio, Chandu Yadav used to work at Motor Concept back then.
NA-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 09:23   #7
BHPian

A shop I would recommend to bhpians is Alok India in Chander Vihar, East Delhi. I have got all my systems (minor upgrades in 2 cars and a semi major upgrade in 1 car) done from them. The owner Shreshth knows his stuff and will recommend something good according to every budget and need. I have a pair of JL C1 650s in the front, C1 650xs in the rear, a JL 10 inch sub, infinity reference series amp for the speakers, a Cerwin Wega mono amp for the sub and damping all around in my car. I'm pretty satisfied with my setup. His own Kushaq has been done up very well with beautiful custom pods for the 3 way in the front. Do give him a visit if you are in East Delhi. You may call him on 9999790058
Old 3rd July 2024, 20:26   #8
BHPian

Whether you consider it as fortunate sound bug or an unfortunate setback in financial terms, OEM touch screen in my Verna failed, could it be due to excessive heat in Delhi?

Since I’m using Android Auto in my other car wanted to upgrade in Verna as well. I have always used Pioneer touch screen in all my cars and was looking at Pioneer 6350BT, it was bit expensive so decided to go for Sony XAV-AX6000 this time.

Called up Chandu to fix time for a weekend, reached around 12 PM and the work started. I have used Rainbow Sound Line previously for those who know and have heard them would appreciate the SQ they bring to the table. The rear duty was carried by Rainbow co-axial either Experience Line or Dream Line. But back of my mind I wanted to hear out the Audison Voce before going ahead with Rainbow this time.

Chandu got his boys to setup Rainbow Sound Line Pro on one side and Audison Voce on the other side, after hearing for less than a minute it was clear choice for the Voce. Since these are on the pricier side went for a lower division Audison C2 series components for the back. After hearing 2 sets of components in Glanza I don’t think I can go back to rear co-axial setup as it sounds muted in front of components. Others might feel there is drilling of the door pads for installation of twitters but if you favor sound over other things it’s a non compromise to get 2 pairs of components. I already had a Flux 4 channel amplifier to run the new components.

Since it is peak summers in Delhi and temperatures are reaching 50 degrees, could not bear standing next to the car during complete installation hence took no pictures of the install in action.

Equipment list

• Sony XAV-AX6000
  • Audison Voce
  • Audsion C2
  • Sundown Audio SFB-1000D
  • Rainbow GL-S12

Old OEM head unit

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-1.jpg

Pictures of new products

Sony XAV-AX6000

Day view

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-2.jpg
Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-3.jpg
Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-4.jpg
Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-5.jpg
Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-6.jpg

Night view

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-7.jpg
Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-8.jpg
Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-9.jpg
Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-10.jpg
Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-11.jpg

The aftermarket frames leave a lot to be desired in terms of quality, it is not snugly fit and has slight gaps on all sides. The team had difficulty in getting it fixed as well. Screen is a dust magnet and gets finger print smudges easily, difficult to keep it clean.

Audison Voce

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-12.jpg
Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-13.jpg

These sound very clean just the way I like it, much better than all components that I have previously owned.

Audsion C2

Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-14.jpg
Car Audio - Dream Audio by Chandu (New Delhi)-15.jpg

These go well with the Voce although I have kept fader balance more to the front.

An issue I faced using Apple Car Play on the Sony XAV-AX6000 was during a call it would automatically go on hold, it would also go on hold if I touched the screen or increase/decrease volume from steering controls. I did not face any such issues while regularly using Android Auto. So I went ahead and downloaded the latest software patch from Sony’s website and updated the head unit. I have not faced the Apple Car Play issue again but still keeping it on check.

Also the Apple Car Play has slight lag when you press anything which is not there again in Android Auto.

The OEM camera would not turn on all the time when put in reverse, Chandu’s team advised me to go for new camera since older one would pixelate, I retained it to see how bad the issue is. I will go ahead with an aftermarket reverse camera, preferably in stock location next time.

This Sony unit also supports HDMI, I have an Amazon Fire Stick lying around whose remote stopped working, will try to get it installed and working next time around. After watching YouTube videos to enable HDMI I have procured a Micro HDMI to HDMI adapter, will power the Fire Stick via 12 volt car charger.

The head unit only supports type C port, hence if you use USB to listen to songs you will have to purchase a type C pen drive or a type C to A converter.
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 10:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Since these are on the pricier side went for a lower division Audison C2 series components for the back.
If you don't mind, can you share the cost of the speakers. Voce and C2?
Old 4th July 2024, 17:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftLife View Post
If you don't mind, can you share the cost of the speakers. Voce and C2?
25-30% discount on MRP

I believe MRP's are - Voce 50k and C2 20k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks