Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2017, 21:34   #91
BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
From what I know about them, they have 1 specific guy who does the wrapping and PPF installs. If I remember correctly, tuesday is his off day. I guess for these 2 things, it will be advisable to get an appointment before going. Also since they can generally only do 1 car at a time for wrap or PPF, it is best to take an appointment beforehand in my experience.

Rachit

Okay my bad, I got the mirrors done in PPF today, service was good. But I would still think twice before going to them again as its a long travel.
Old 31st March 2017, 22:31   #92
BHPian

Can someone share a list of both interior/exterior treatments and their respective prices? For Honda City.

Also what are the other options in Gurgaon for basic interior and exterior treatment?
Old 1st April 2017, 09:18   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Can someone share a list of both interior/exterior treatments and their respective prices? For Honda City.

Also what are the other options in Gurgaon for basic interior and exterior treatment?
I can PM you the telephone numbers and names. It would be best to get it from them directly. They are more free on weekdays and usually booked in advance on weekends. I find their service very good.
Old 2nd May 2017, 15:08   #94
BHPian

I am planning for PPF for my new Endeavour soon from 3M Gurgaon. Hope they are still good on services. Is it a good idea to wrap up the complete car or few parts are are enough.

Apart from 3M is there any other paint protection mechanism which will keep car shining with minimum efforts from my side? If anyone opted for PPF how is the after maintenance process. Do we need to take any special care?
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 16:16   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Apart from 3M is there any other paint protection mechanism which will keep car shining with minimum efforts from my side? If anyone opted for PPF how is the after maintenance process. Do we need to take any special care?

What colour is your Endy ? PPF doesn't seem to work well on white cars. I have seen it turn a pale yellow. Not sure if they have improved the PPF now.

Also with PPF you may have a lot of joints especially in a big car like the Endy. This could lead to dust accumulation at the joints and then start to look bad.

PPF doesn't keep you car shining. It's just a protective film to ensure that the paint is protected from minor surface scratches.

There are various other methods of detailing , like waxing, sealants and now ceramic coatings which you might want to explore.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 18:07   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
What colour is your Endy ? PPF doesn't seem to work well on white cars. I have seen it turn a pale yellow. Not sure if they have improved the PPF now.
Hey unfortunately it is white only. Delivery planned on 15-May so was trying to explore options so that I can plan in advance.

Quote:
PPF doesn't keep you car shining. It's just a protective film to ensure that the paint is protected from minor surface scratches.
In that case I am thinking better to have 3M PPF on Front and Rear bumpers where we have maximum possibility of scratches.

Quote:
There are various other methods of detailing , like waxing, sealants and now ceramic coatings which you might want to explore.
I remember you and liked your posts on Ceramic Coating - Is it really useful? thread. My simple question is which the best paint protection technique which require minimum efforts specially the daily do's and dont's. I can't save my car from daily washing guy who will be using the same technique he is used to. I think I will not be able to maintain the Ceramic coating and they will deteriorate very soon with normal washing techniques. That is the reason I was thinking of PPF as I thought it will act as a thick lamination coat on top of paint.
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:58   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Arjun,

Nope, 3M PPF won't pale over the time. Ok for white color as well. I had it done on my silver Jazz in Oct 2015. My car is parked uncovered and exposed to all weathers (no option). Till date, I cannot really make out any difference in the color. Also, it is able to take on some hard scratches with ease, not just leaving any impact. Thanks.

Quote:
In that case I am thinking better to have 3M PPF on Front and Rear bumpers where we have maximum possibility of scratches.
Dear roby_dk,

Consider getting it done on ORVMs on both the sides. I many times had some careless and errant drivers brushing their car's ORVMs with those on mine during neck-to-neck peak hour traffic. Thanks to PPF, my ORVMs are in a scratchless condition.

Other places worth considering PPF are:

- Door handle wells (or cups). This is where your nails tend to touch and leave scratches which become visible over the time.
- Door trims. Good during those rare hits while opening the doors in a precise space.
- Just under the fuel filling lid. During filling, many a times the attendant is careless or not enough educated to let the fuel cap hang loose and scratch the painted surface, rather than clipping it gracefully to the inner of opened lid.

Please have a look at my car. All the places, which I have recommended above have PPF on my car. Please note that it is hard to notice PPF with a casual look. Try opening the full pixel picture in your browser and you might be able to figure out some details. Also, notice that there is no color difference till date (The picture is some 3-4 months old though). Thanks.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-3m-ppf.jpg

Cheers,
Simmi

Last edited by Nohonking : 2nd May 2017 at 21:04.
Nohonking is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:51   #98
Senior - BHPian

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Dear Arjun,

Nope, 3M PPF won't pale over the time. Ok for white color as well. I had it done on my silver Jazz in Oct 2015. My car is parked uncovered and exposed to all weathers (no option). Till date, I cannot really make out any difference in the color.
The problem is with white. I have personally seen vehicles that were yellowing. I believe 3M has now recently changed the PPF. I have had no reviews on this PPF. Pls check out some reviews also on google. There seems some evidence on yellowing.

Nicely maintained Jazz. Thumbs up.

@robby_dk, no paint protection or detailing will work if your car is going to be washed by the neighbourhood cleaners. Full car PPF is the only way out. With these guys cleaning even this will probably develop swirl marks.

Get a paint sealant done at 3M or any other competent detailer. Do the essential bumper and mirror PPF.

I personally suggest washing the car once a week or even 10 days unless you have had a run in the dirt. Use a Jopasu/ Roger duster to dusty off. Spray a little waterless wash/ Meguairs Detailer and wipe off with a micro fiber. Shouldn't take you more than 20 mins a day. Repeat the sealant detailing once a year.

All the best with your new car. Happy motoring. Drive safe.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 2nd May 2017 at 23:08.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 12:27   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Please note that it is hard to notice PPF with a casual look. Try opening the full pixel picture in your browser and you might be able to figure out some details.
True I can see the PPF just below the fuel lid cap in full picture. I think if complete part is covered then it will not be visible at all.
Can we continue the wash and wax on top of PPF? Does it have any impact on PPF?

Quote:
I personally suggest washing the car once a week or even 10 days unless you have had a run in the dirt. Use a Jopasu/ Roger duster to dusty off. Spray a little waterless wash/ Meguairs Detailer and wipe off with a micro fiber. Shouldn't take you more than 20 mins a day. Repeat the sealant detailing once a year.
I don't think it is as easy as it sounds in Delhi vs Bangalore. Soon I will be loosing all water from my body as sweat. It is really difficult to follow the DIY procedure.
My idea is to have PPF at critical parts to save them from day to day scratches and continue with wash and wax process as n when required. Nowadays we have lot of water-less wash and wax available in most of the shopping malls and it is convenient and time saving too.

BTW any idea what is this film on my Safari Dicor Pearl white? It looks like some plastic coating only.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_20170426_122825.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2017, 19:02   #100
BHPian

Quote:
True I can see the PPF just below the fuel lid cap in full picture. I think if complete part is covered then it will not be visible at all.
Dear roby_dk,

You are able to figure it(PPF) out only because I mentioned the area, and hence you knew where to burry your eyes in. In general, it isn't visible. Since ORVMs are fully covered (only the painted surface, not the LED turn indicators), so ofcourse one cannot figure it out even upon touching. On the other note, I have seen people getting PPF on the entire vehicle which isn't a bad idea for a high-end drive as yours. Thanks.

Quote:
Can we continue the wash and wax on top of PPF? Does it have any impact on PPF?
Wash: Ofcourse yes, why not? Keep your car clean.

Wax: Why do you want to wax over the PPF? Waxing is meant to keep the "painted surface" from UV rays, from rusting(by beading water), fill up minor scratches and make it more smooth and leave it shiny, which the PPF is already doing by the way of lamination. Personally, I do not see any value in waxing over the PPF applied area. Anyways, if done, there isn't any harm either. Thanks.

Cheers,
Simmi

Last edited by Nohonking : 3rd May 2017 at 19:07.
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 20:15   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Hey unfortunately it is white only. Delivery planned on 15-May so was trying to explore options so that I can plan in advance.
PPF is not recommended on white. Even 3M guys themselves warn you of the palling effect. I have PPF on my bike's white tank and I can confirm that it turns into off white over time.

You can wash, wax, rub PPF as you would a normal paint. Rather PPF will require some waxing atleast if you want it look shining. PPF also can get swirl marks over time but your paint underneath will be safe.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 14:23   #102
BHPian

Quote:
PPF is not recommended on white. Even 3M guys themselves warn you of the palling effect. I have PPF on my bike's white tank and I can confirm that it turns into off white over time.

You can wash, wax, rub PPF as you would a normal paint. Rather PPF will require some waxing atleast if you want it look shining. PPF also can get swirl marks over time but your paint underneath will be safe.

Rachit
In that case I feel PPF is not worth for complete car. I will put it on the parts suggested by Nohonking and will continue the normal wash and wax procedure occasionally.

I wish I would have gone for the ceramic coating as the brilliant shine is incomparable but maintenance part is really impossible for me.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 18:11   #103
BHPian

Quote:
In that case I feel PPF is not worth for complete car. I will put it on the parts suggested by Nohonking and will continue the normal wash and wax procedure occasionally.

I wish I would have gone for the ceramic coating as the brilliant shine is incomparable but maintenance part is really impossible for me.
I think you can still go for the Ceramic Coating. I have not used it and I am following the thread on it. I am also interested in trying it out and hence thinking of getting the PPF of the white tank on my bike and trying the Quartz thing. It appears, it is more resilient against swirls.

Rachit
Old 4th May 2017, 19:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you can still go for the Ceramic Coating. I have not used it and I am following the thread on it. I am also interested in trying it out and hence thinking of getting the PPF of the white tank on my bike and trying the Quartz thing. It appears, it is more resilient against swirls.

Rachit

Rachit, since it is a bike and you are likely to keep your helmet on the tank, I suggest you stick to PPF or even a wrap.
Old 4th May 2017, 19:45   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Rachit, since it is a bike and you are likely to keep your helmet on the tank, I suggest you stick to PPF or even a wrap.
Hi Arjun,

Actually I am quite careful with the tank so I generally don't keep my helmet there. Plus a good percentage of the tank is already covered by the Tank Pad. The problem is that my bike has a Shining White tank and the PPF that I have applied on the sides (Where your Tank Grips go) has gone Off whitish. I plan to get the PPF off and go for the Tank Grips. But the upper remaining part and the side fairing which is also white, I am considering ceramic coating. I am considering ceramic coating over PPF only because of white color. I for some reason want to try this ceramic coating myself too. Maybe in future I can use it on my car, although with their pricing structure I am sure I wouldn't be able to afford it for the whole car. But maybe for the bike I should be able to afford.

Thanks

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks