Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 13:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors rolls out new Winger variant

Dont know how many have seen this , but cant find this news anywhere in Tbhp

Tata has launched WINGER PLATINUM.

Link: 7 seater luxury cars, passenger and travel cars | Winger Platinum

Tata Motors introduces the all new Winger Platinum; a vehicle so spacious and comfortable, it will change the way you look at road travel. The Tata Winger Platinum has been designed to provide you with an enhanced on-road experience in every way. An impressive range of features and conveniences have been neatly packaged into this 7-seater. It’s time to say goodbye to uncomfortable and tiring road travel, for good.

Spacious, comfortable, stylish, fast, fuel efficient, low on maintenance, tough, the Tata Winger Platinum is everything you could possibly want a vehicle to be. That’s because it has been made keeping the specific needs of Indian customers in mind.

Office commuters, holidaying families, long distance travelers, everyone will get what they’re looking for from the Tata Winger Platinum – a car that will change the way you travel.

• Attractive decals, cutting-edge design and fresh styling ensure that arriving in the Tata Winger Platinum makes a bold style statement.
  • The front design sports the signature Tata grill, a bold Tata logo, two wide headlamps and an imposing chrome lip on the front grill. The stylish wheel caps complement the decals.

• All Seven reclining captain seats having thick cushion with adequate thigh support, adjustable headrests and soft wide adjustable armrests.
  • Maximum legroom in this segment. Plenty of legroom even in the very last row
  • Full-fabric seat covers with Scotch Guard treatment
  • 3-way adjustment of the driver’s seat – the driver can adjust the height of the seat and distance from the steering wheel, and also recline his seat just the way he wants it.

• Individual AC vents for all seats which further enhance the cabin comfort.
  • Option of controlling the front and rear air conditioners independently.

• A 2-Din music system with USB port that can play music from any media.
  • In addition, the vehicle is fitted with 4 in-built speakers and an LCD provision.
Old 30th July 2010, 17:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a worthy alternative to the Xylo and the Innova.

Any comparison on size/price?

Dicor 2.2 option is badly needed here.
Old 30th July 2010, 18:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

thats a good improvement on the current winger which was hardly seen on the road.

im sure the taxi market will prefer it over innova/xylo if the pricing and engine fits well.
Old 30th July 2010, 18:32   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks good inside. Wonder if BS-IV specs are the same as that of BS-III versions. (no clarification on the website)

Tyres are skinny at 185/ R14. Especially for a vehicle of this size - 4.5m long, 1.94m wide & 2.05m wide. A vehicle that is longer, taller, wider than my Sumo which is running 215/ R15's.

For all the features, Console could have been better designed. Power windows missing.

Wonder how much would the seats cost - would like to get the front two seats retro fitted into my Sumo. These specific seats have arm rests that can be useful.

Last edited by condor : 30th July 2010 at 18:40.
Old 30th July 2010, 18:38   #5
BHPian

Awesome !!!
Taxi market - yes, definitely would be preferred rather than Xylo and Innova.
Personal use - May be preferred over Eeco and Innova/Xylo ENTRY level buyers.

Definitely, a good move from Tata.

Prem.
Old 30th July 2010, 19:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is typical of all MUV designs launched in our market. Where does one put their luggage, are we expected to carry it in our laps?

On one hand the site says welcome to world of luxury and then they hit you with restricted luggage space, no ABS+EBD or air bags not even as an option and then they want holidaying families to travel in it and be wiped out completely in one go. No thank you.

This is nothing but another half baked design coming out of the TATA design studios. I really wish for once they would have the vision to design and produce a complete vehicle.
Old 30th July 2010, 19:31   #7
BHPian

Well, the vehicle in question was launched some weeks back in Kerala, one TV channel even had a test drive report sometime back.
Old 30th July 2010, 19:49   #8
BHPian

I saw two Wingers being tested near Kalewadi jn. at Pune. They had temporary registrations and ON TEST boards. I wonder why Wingers should be tested now. Have they plonked the detuned 2.2 Dicor engine (the same as Grande) into them? I couldn't take pics because I was driving.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Sounds like a worthy alternative to the Xylo and the Innova.

Any comparison on size/price?

Dicor 2.2 option is badly needed here.
Old 30th July 2010, 19:55   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
This is typical of all MUV designs launched in our market. Where does one put their luggage, are we expected to carry it in our laps?.
I believe that the space adjacent to the second row is intended for that. This is definitely not positioned for highway travel. I believe its for big families to travel together in the city.

Quote:
On one hand the site says welcome to world of luxury and then they hit you with restricted luggage space, no ABS+EBD or air bags not even as an option and then they want holidaying families to travel in it and be wiped out completely in one go. No thank you.
+1 to that. If they are targeting families, then they should have provided ABS as optional atleast. I am not sure if they can install AirBags in this since they are using the tooling and dyes bought from Renault.
Old 30th July 2010, 20:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Dimensions courtesy of Undead. Shorter than Innova in length means better for city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
For Innova :
Overall LxWxH
4580 mm x 1770 mm x 1755 mm

For Winger:
Overall LxWxH
4520 mm x 1940 mm x 2050 mm.
Old 30th July 2010, 20:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is typical of all MUV designs launched in our market. Where does one put their luggage, are we expected to carry it in our laps?

This is nothing but another half baked design coming out of the TATA design studios. I really wish for once they would have the vision to design and produce a complete vehicle.
Where do you put luggage in INNOVA and XYLO ? please put your luggage the same way. If you are overloaded with luggage you can borrow/buy a roof rack. you are not expected to carry it in your laps by innova/xylo/scorpio/safari.

the space is restricted in xlyo and innova even for 3rd row passengers, dont even think for space for luggage. here you can have acres of space for all passengers in every row.
how many innovas/taveras/xylos plying on road have ABS+Airbags?

They can bring in the option later on too.

TATAs have enough vision than what you think. Look at the ARIA.
ABS+EBD, Airbags, Traction control, satnav what not it has.
Do some research on World Truck too and you will come to know the Vision of TATAs. and yes remember JLR and Land rover now belong to tata. Thats vision.

Please consider the upgrade with positive approch instead of making pesimistic comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
I saw two Wingers being tested near Kalewadi jn. at Pune. They had temporary registrations and ON TEST boards. I wonder why Wingers should be tested now. Have they plonked the detuned 2.2 Dicor engine (the same as Grande) into them? I couldn't take pics because I was driving.

Pradeep
They might be the CNG variants being tested.
Old 30th July 2010, 21:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Required...
1. Reliable & quality parts
2. Dicor engine
Result - Successful product

Optional - 3. Good T.A.S.S

Looks like the price is around 7L Ex showroom in Kochi. Source - Tata Motors introduces Tata Winger Platinum in Kochi -WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News
Tata Motors roll out new Winger variant in Punjab
Old 30th July 2010, 21:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Dear Team member,

Please read the posts carefully and thoroughly before commenting.

"Typical of MUV designs"... means I am including all others in the market.

It does not take a degree to see that loading the luggage on the roof is 1. Unsafe; 2. Leads to low fuel economy; 3 Not synonymous with the luxury tag.

Quote:
the space is restricted in xlyo and innova even for 3rd row passengers, dont even think for space for luggage. here you can have acres of space for all passengers in every row.
how many innovas/taveras/xylos plying on road have ABS+Airbags?
Exactly my point. If you are going to follow what the competition is doing that is definitely not becoming of an automotive giant. Infact, beating the competition with product features that they don't have and can't offer in the short to medium future would have been path leading & visionary.

Acres of space, really if you think giving normal leg room is acres of space then I have nothing to say.

Option of safety features can come later indeed after several lives have been lost.

As for the World truck design that is thanks to the erstwhile Daewoo CV design centre now owned by Tata /Telco. Similarily owning JLR & LandRover etc are signs of good business acumen and commercial planning/Vision. Nothing to do with the design perspective per se or technical vision.

My remarks are not pessimistic. Infact, I am still hoping that for once a domestic player will take it upon themselves to raise the bar and offer us a complete vehicle, now that will be true VISION.

Last edited by khoj : 30th July 2010 at 21:17.
Old 30th July 2010, 21:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

1) Good move. Winger looks very spacious in the images provided by TATA motors.

2) Can target families that are large and high end Innova is out of reach.

3) The biggest drawback is exterior looks. The exterior looks spoil the game for winger. Even Xylo looks better with SUV+MUV mixed looks. Winger purely looks old and commercial delivery van like. A bigger Omni or rather a bigger Eeco if more than 5 people are to be transported in comfort. The split door for accessing boot look really cheap. If Tata is targeting families, a hatch like Innova would do wonders.

4) Expected the detuned version of 2.2 rather than the old 1948cc engine.

5) IMO, with upgraded looks alone this car can gather a lot of customers. People will have a more serious look if the car looked a bit of MPV rather than a commercial vehicle.

6) I would have preferred more weight in the center rather than at rear end. There are only two seats in middle row. Moreover, they are not well spaced out. I would have preferred three bucket seats in middle row, two well spaced out bucket seats in the last row.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors rolls out new Winger variant-winger-platnium.jpg  

Tata Motors rolls out new Winger variant-winger-platimum-2.jpg  

Tata Motors rolls out new Winger variant-winger-platinum-3.jpg  

Old 30th July 2010, 21:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
The split door for accessing boot look really cheap. If Tata is targeting families, a hatch like Innova would do wonders.
Split doors are super convenient. When you are loading small items, you open only one and don't have to swing out/up a large, heavy and cumbersome door/hatch!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks