Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

The length of the pipe needed to run the exhaust to the sides is longer than what is needed to mount the same to the roof in case of trucks. I just did take a peak at the exhaust system of a truck a few days back.

Bottom line, roof mounting of exhausts for trucks is achievable.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Kindly find the AL3135 show cased in Auto Expo- 2008 having this type of exhaust system.
This picture shows vertical mounted muffler which would take up more space. IF the muffler was left under the truck and just the pipe going up, then it would be more space efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
but would require multiple layers of insulation when routed above the chassis levels. With an outermost layer of detached metal frame insulation with FRP panes for cosmetic purposes, and heat retardant (asbestos substitutes) fibre wound around the pipes, this should not pose any difficulty.
I think a simple heat sheild as seen on motorcycle exhausts should suffice. (along with a "Caution HOT" warning label).

In the picture I have posted, the bus exuast is completly inisde the body.
Old 26th April 2010, 01:16   #33
BANNED

before we even think of buses modifying their exhausts , cv modifying their exhausts .. I would like to point out that most of the 2 wheelers manufacturerd in India do not have a rubber mat at the rear wheel . when ever a motorcyclists goes over a patch of wet road , automatically whoever is following , his /her dress is bound to get ruined . I have noticed it in most of the vehicles .
Old 26th April 2010, 07:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
.. I would like to point out that most of the 2 wheelers manufacturerd in India do not have a rubber mat at the rear wheel .
Err...I guess you intended to say full fender; even if someone gives carbon fibre mats at free of cost to fit on my rear fender, I wouldn't do that. What I mean by full fender in the rear is here
Old 26th April 2010, 21:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Kindly find the AL3135 show cased in Auto Expo- 2008 having this type of exhaust system.
Attachment 328074
Will the Exhaust facing the side of the driver's window wont be a problem.Imagine a situation wherein the driver starts the vehicle keeping his window down, and wind is blowing sideways, I am pretty much sure that initial thick black smoke will creep into the cabin.

Was it that difficult to point it upwards or to the back of cabin? Or I am missing something?
Old 27th April 2010, 07:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Was it that difficult to point it upwards or to the back of cabin? Or I am missing something?
Pointing it upwards needs some suitable mesh / check valve to prevent rain water from falling in to the pipe, I guess.

Back of the cabin should be possible, IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks