Re: Railway Pics

Railway Pics-20160704_102055.jpg

Railway Pics-20160704_102000.jpg

Railway Pics-20160704_102226.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 18:09   #527
BHPian

My first formal post after introduction. Thanks to Ampere for guiding me to this lovely thread.

The first one below is from Bhor ghat section between Pune & Karjat.

Railway Pics-bhor-ghat.jpg

The below one is from a stretch between Barabanki & Faizabad station.

Railway Pics-faizabad-1.jpg

This one is from NH 28 close to holy town of Ayodhya. The bridge was constructed a few years back.

Railway Pics-saryu-bridge.jpg

The final one is from a small station called as Katra on Mankapur-Ayodhya section. In earlier days when the bridge over Saryu rivers was not there, trains used to terminate at this station.

Railway Pics-katra.jpg
vikasshu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 09:27   #528
Senior - BHPian

At a railway salvage yard..

Name:  ForumRunner_20160709_092657.png
Views: 2575
Size:  461.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160709_092706.png
Views: 2550
Size:  473.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160709_092714.png
Views: 2552
Size:  533.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160709_092721.png
Views: 2612
Size:  484.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160709_092730.png
Views: 2598
Size:  531.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160709_092737.png
Views: 2616
Size:  438.1 KB
schakravarthy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 13:22   #529
BHPian

I am not sure if I can ask this question here, but since this thread brings rail fans at one place I am hopeful of getting a quick reply to my query. Has anyone travelled by train from Belgaum/Hubli to Goa passing Doodhsagar waterfalls in monsoons ?? For how long does one get a close view of the majestic waterfalls ?? 2 mins or less than that ? Even if we get only a quick glimpse, how is the overall experience of a train journey from Belgaum to Goa via Londa-Castlerock-Doodhsagar-Kulem , considering that its a scenic rail route ? Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Old 11th July 2016, 14:37   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I am not sure if I can ask this question here, but since this thread brings rail fans at one place I am hopeful of getting a quick reply to my query. Has anyone travelled by train from Belgaum/Hubli to Goa passing Doodhsagar waterfalls in monsoons ?? For how long does one get a close view of the majestic waterfalls ?? 2 mins or less than that ? Even if we get only a quick glimpse, how is the overall experience of a train journey from Belgaum to Goa via Londa-Castlerock-Doodhsagar-Kulem , considering that its a scenic rail route ? Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Vivek,
I have not travelled all the way from Belgaum / Hubli but to experience Dudh sagar, I did take a train from Goa 2 years back. All trains downhill from Goa side halt at Dudh Sagar station for 2 mins for a brake check. So I could alight there and walk ~15 mins to the majestic falls. Spent couple of hours and managed to get another train back to Goa from the same station. If you are not alighting, then you will get glimpses of the falls for a couple of mins and the train will pass thru that famous bridge from where you can see the falls at close quarters. Hope this helps

However, I did read somewhere that trains no longer stop at Dudh Sagar as it was becoming dangerous with hundreds of tourists on the rails when there is train movement. Not sure if this is true
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 15:24   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Vivek,
I have not travelled all the way from Belgaum / Hubli but to experience Dudh sagar, I did take a train from Goa 2 years back. All trains downhill from Goa side halt at Dudh Sagar station for 2 mins for a brake check. So I could alight there and walk ~15 mins to the majestic falls. Spent couple of hours and managed to get another train back to Goa from the same station. If you are not alighting, then you will get glimpses of the falls for a couple of mins and the train will pass thru that famous bridge from where you can see the falls at close quarters. Hope this helps

However, I did read somewhere that trains no longer stop at Dudh Sagar as it was becoming dangerous with hundreds of tourists on the rails when there is train movement. Not sure if this is true
Thank you so much Aroon for the response Yes, the trains no more stop at DDS waterfall and it has been so that way past an year. I did undertake a to and fro journey yesterday from Belgaum. It was 11097 Poorna express Pune-Ernakulam for onward and 12779 Goa express Vasco-Delhi for return. I agree with your inputs about catching a few glimpses of the majestic waterfall from a running train. The experience was truly awesome and I have written a short report in this thread, do check - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post4012594

Sorry, I could not update it here as it would have resulted in back to back posts. I was waiting for someone to reply here so that I could do the same. Thank you. I will try to upload some railway pics taken from my spare mobile in this thread. I would suggest railfans here to undertake a journey on this route. Goa--Londa Junction is considered amongst top 10 most scenic railroutes in our country and I fully attest to that claim !! I travelled between Belgaum--Kulem (102 kms track distance ) and enjoyed every bit of it.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 21:05   #532
Senior - BHPian

Talgo trains hits 180kmph being pulled by an indian diesel locomotive. This one could make train travel a lot better.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/53205690.cms
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 05:48   #533
Senior - BHPian

^^
A lot of our trains are capable of operating at 140 or 160 kmph.

It's the track infrastructure and signalling that have to be upgraded to allow them to safely operate at high speed.
Old 15th July 2016, 07:20   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Talgo trains hits 180kmph being pulled by an indian diesel locomotive. This one could make train travel a lot better.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/53205690.cms
The loco hauling it was a WDP4 which has the speedo marked to 180kmh. Supposedly it hit 195kmh on the GPS . They are planning to hit 220kmh on another route on the next trial run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
^^

It's the track infrastructure and signalling that have to be upgraded to allow them to safely operate at high speed.
True. The super fasts and prestigious trains already run on the coach speed limit which is 110kmh. Some like the Bhopal Shatabdi ad Gatimaan run higher due to the straight flat stretches they get on their routes .

The advantage of these Talgo coaches are that , they need not slow down for curves.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 07:21   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
^^
Is it?

I believe only the Shatabdi / Jan Shatabdi / Rajdhani coaches can do those speeds. The normal Express train coaches can do a maximum of 110 kph only.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 14:02   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Is it?

I believe only the Shatabdi / Jan Shatabdi / Rajdhani coaches can do those speeds. The normal Express train coaches can do a maximum of 110 kph only.
Apart from Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi/Rajdhani, the coaches which are being hauled in case of Duronto Express Trains can also cruise at speeds up to 140 km/h. The most prominent high speed Duronto Express Trains are:

1. Sealdah – New Delhi Duronto Express (12259/12260) with a maximum operating speed of 135 km/h. It is hauled by WAP4 of Sealdah loco shed and has LHB coaches.

2. Yeshwantpur Delhi Sarai Rohilla Duronto Express (12213/12214) with a maximum operating speed of 140 km/h. It is hauled by WAP7 of Lalaguda loco shed between Delhi Sarai Rohilla and Secunderabad and by WDM3A of Krishnarajapuram loco shed between Secunderabad and Yeshwantpur. The train has LHB coaches.

The high speeds observed in the case of most of the Duronto Express trains are on straight stretches and the most prominent amongst them are the Grand Chord section between Sitarampur (West Bengal) and Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh) and the Delhi-Agra Cantt. section.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 11:15   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 View Post

1. Sealdah – New Delhi Duronto Express (12259/12260) with a maximum operating speed of 135 km/h. It is hauled by WAP4 of Sealdah loco shed and has LHB coaches.

2. Yeshwantpur Delhi Sarai Rohilla Duronto Express (12213/12214) with a maximum operating speed of 140 km/h. It is hauled by WAP7 of Lalaguda loco shed between Delhi Sarai Rohilla and Secunderabad and by WDM3A of Krishnarajapuram loco shed between Secunderabad and Yeshwantpur. The train has LHB coaches.

The high speeds observed in the case of most of the Duronto Express trains are on straight stretches and the most prominent amongst them are the Grand Chord section between Sitarampur (West Bengal) and Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh) and the Delhi-Agra Cantt. section.
Dear Sir,

I'd like to make a few corrections here:

There are only two trains that exceed 130KMPH currently in Indian Railways. 1. NDLS-Bhopal Shatabdi, which has a rated speed of 150KMPH in NDLS-AGC Stretch. 2. Gatiman Express, 160KMPH, again in NDLS-AGC Stretch.

12951/52/53/54 Rajdhanis were allowed to run at 140KMPH in NDLS-AGC Stretch, but that practice has stopped.

Now, its important to understand, that the maximum speed of a train consist is determined by the weakest link- Rated Speed of Coaches/Locos/Pway and signaling restrictions. WAP7 is currently rated upto 140KMPH, WAP4 upto 130KMPH, WAP5 upto 160KMPH, LHB Coaches upto 160KMPH. Now rated speed is the speed at which these are certified to run on Indian Track conditions, but you will see in news, often that these have been tested at higher speeds. For example, WDP4 has been tested at speeds greater than 180KMPH.

In most of the cases, the Pway restricts the speed limits. Only few corridors are certified for high speed, rest are being upgraded.

What you may have observed are slight variations in speed due to gradient/GPS errors etc (If you quoted the speeds from your personal experience) Else, over speeding in IR is taken very seriously and drivers are reprimanded for the same.

NDLS-CNB-MGS-Gaya-DHN-HWH is thoroughly rated for 130KMPH, barring a few sections.

Hope this clarifies.
LordSharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 14:41   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
Dear Sir,

I'd like to make a few corrections here:

There are only two trains that exceed 130KMPH currently in Indian Railways. 1. NDLS-Bhopal Shatabdi, which has a rated speed of 150KMPH in NDLS-AGC Stretch. 2. Gatiman Express, 160KMPH, again in NDLS-AGC Stretch.

12951/52/53/54 Rajdhanis were allowed to run at 140KMPH in NDLS-AGC Stretch, but that practice has stopped.

Now, its important to understand, that the maximum speed of a train consist is determined by the weakest link- Rated Speed of Coaches/Locos/Pway and signaling restrictions. WAP7 is currently rated upto 140KMPH, WAP4 upto 130KMPH, WAP5 upto 160KMPH, LHB Coaches upto 160KMPH. Now rated speed is the speed at which these are certified to run on Indian Track conditions, but you will see in news, often that these have been tested at higher speeds. For example, WDP4 has been tested at speeds greater than 180KMPH.

In most of the cases, the Pway restricts the speed limits. Only few corridors are certified for high speed, rest are being upgraded.

What you may have observed are slight variations in speed due to gradient/GPS errors etc (If you quoted the speeds from your personal experience) Else, over speeding in IR is taken very seriously and drivers are reprimanded for the same.

Hope this clarifies.
Thanks alot for the update and detailed insight. You are right, actually while travelling twice from Delhi to Yesvantpur on Delhi Sarai Rohilla Yesvantpur Duronto Express (Train No 12214) it was through the GPS that I observed the top speed of the train @ 133 km/h on the Delhi-Agra section. Couldn't agree more with you that the speed observed may have been more than the actual speed due to factors like GPS Error/Track Gradient etc.

Regards.
Old 21st July 2016, 09:18   #539
Senior - BHPian

TKD WAG-5A 23384 Goes Missing, Traced to East Coast Railway

In a bizarre incident, Indian Railways launched a massive hunt for a 120 tonne electric locomotive of the Tughlakabad shed which went missing for almost a month as its whereabouts were not known to anyone. Electric engine was on duty in the east coast railways headquartered in Bhubneshwar and was supposed to reach its home shed in Tughlakanad by June 15. But it did not come on the set date and officials thought that it must be on duty somewhere in the country and would return soon.
As days passed, officials got concerned and a massive hunt was launched in 16 zonal railways to look out for the loco. Railway Board sent out an order to all zones asking to find the missing loco.
After the massive hunt, the loco was found to be on emergency duty in East coast railways and retuned back to its home shed on Sunday.
“It was found that the loco developed snag near Talcher in Odisha and it was fixed. After that it was put on some emergency duty by East Coast railways and there was some miscommunication between Tughlakanad shed and East Coast Railways which led to this,” said a railway spokesperson.

Source
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 15:36   #540
Senior - BHPian

The railbus that runs between Bangarpet and Kolar comes for maintenance most of the Sundays to Bangalore Cantonment shed.

Caught it when it was returning one Sunday evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Railway Pics-img_20160717_205746.jpg  

tharian is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks