Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 21:52   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
I am in Delhi now. I have seen atleast three Low floor buses using Made in China Tires.

are DTC using this or TATA supplying these with Chinese tyres.
Somewhere read, the earlier bus fires were attributed to the poor quality of tires, and there is shortage for these tyres in India. As TATA also maintains these buses, it is possible that TM procured these tires from a Chinese manufacturer?
Old 19th May 2010, 10:40   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Are you sure of the launch of this bus. I felt this is a Concept when I seen it inAutoExpo 2010.
Yeah, I am sure. This is a new bus range from Tata. The chassis and the drivetrain (basically the entire bus) is totally new.
Old 19th May 2010, 10:54   #123
santoshnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Hey, can anyone tell me if this is a concept or the new Starbus from Tata-Marcopolo. I think it looks nice enough (not awesome though).

Attachment 350179

this was show cased at auto expo its an FE bus

Old 19th May 2010, 11:03   #124
santoshnair

saw the AL 12 M bus...good design by a company called moefus heard for the first time it was travelling from mumbai to ratnagiri i guess

liked the design
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-img00284201005131931.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-img00286201005131949.jpg  

Old 19th May 2010, 14:00   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair View Post
saw the AL 12 M bus...good design by a company called moefus heard for the first time it was travelling from mumbai to ratnagiri i guess

liked the design
Good Design to look at, but does not seem practical. The headlights seems insufficient. Look at the pics, the operator has added aftermarket headlamps inside the front grill.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:27   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
@smashnerd

This is an upcoming bus which will be soon released. Its a 27 seater with 140 hp BS IV CRDi engine. BTW, it comes with 6 speed gearbox, climate control, dash mounted gear lever and ABS as well.
This seems pretty sweet, atleast on paper. Hope they improve their quality and offer it at a sweeter price.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:47   #127
santoshnair

i saw this clipping in the new edition of CV magazine...parveen travels has launched this conference on wheels bus...couple of pics of exteriors and interiors...any idea whats the make on this
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-aopllo.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-aopllo-2.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 12:13   #128
Senior - BHPian

I guess it's an AL 12m Bus. Or going by the trend in Parveen travels, it could be an Eicher.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:13   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair View Post
i saw this clipping in the new edition of CV magazine...parveen travels has launched this conference on wheels bus...couple of pics of exteriors and interiors...any idea whats the make on this
For a 73 Lakh bus, the front look so ugly. It looks like they spent most of the money in interiors and the front is an after thought.
This bus reminds me of the olden days when Premier Automobiles was at its prime, they used to run an executive bus from Kurla HQ to Pune Factory in the morning and return in the evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
it could be an Eicher.
Looks like it.
Old 30th May 2010, 16:54   #130
BHPian

Yeah, the front is downright atrocious.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:37   #131
BHPian

Viking SLF

Finally AL had brought the "Viking SLF" to Kerala. Spotted a demo VikingSLF chassis with "to KSRTC Demo" written on the front bumber.
Lets wait and c, what KSRTC decides about this one!
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-viking-slf-demo-.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2010, 09:47   #132
santoshnair

Some times i have been wondering why there has never been a RE AL or TM bus on inter city routes non ac....like BBAy - BLr or BBAy - Goa...any technical reason or is it because of the state of roads..

Old 3rd June 2010, 14:02   #133
Senior - BHPian

Any one knows about the the new ISUZU buses? Saw a couple of these on the pune-Mumbai expressway expressway and these were running at Volvo/Kinglong speeds.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:35   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Any one knows about the the new ISUZU buses? Saw a couple of these on the pune-Mumbai expressway expressway and these were running at Volvo/Kinglong speeds.
Travelled on one during a recent Mangalore-Bangalore trip. It was a three month old Bus, was smooth and surely faster compared to TATA/AL.
Speed was decent but noticed that Volvo used to easily get away. Our bus driver had a decent fight with a couple of Volvo's but the Volvo's won in the end.
The only thing bothering was the noise from the AC vents. The AC was set at 22 Degrees and used to auto cut off/on. When it used to start, there would be considerable noise from the AC vents.

Overall a good experience.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:43   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Finally AL had brought the "Viking SLF" to Kerala. Spotted a demo VikingSLF chassis with "to KSRTC Demo" written on the front bumber.
Lets wait and c, what KSRTC decides about this one!
pardon my ignorance, whats special in the Viking SLF?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks