Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 22:03   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

Recently travelled from Kumbakonam to Chennai in a Rathimeena sleeper bus, found it better than travelling by train and slept well too. Able to post directly without the 'incubation' period, phew, have become a BHPian at long last.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 26th August 2011 at 22:05.
Old 27th August 2011, 06:54   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Sure, its 4700mm WB and its no more available here. The LPO version is available in 5334 and 5545 WB only. Others 4225, 4885, 5192, 5895 all are LP (without front overhang) versions.
Sorry, missed the "O". I think the 4.9m LP version too was discontinued, or is it still available. I have a brochure which doesn't mention it.
Old 27th August 2011, 07:53   #588
Senior - BHPian

TATA used to make the short chassis Bus for ghat section roads. It still must be in production but only sold through select distributors. They don't have to showcase all their products to everybody
Old 27th August 2011, 08:03   #589
Senior - BHPian

The special for ghat short chassis 1512 is still available, like mentioned by Transsenger. But it is the 4.2m WB one, not the 4.9 or 4.7 m one. It is mentioned in all brochures and documents I have seen and as far as I know is available throughout India, through any dealership.
Old 29th August 2011, 22:22   #590
BHPian

SETC ULTRA DELUXE AIR BUS
SETC has introduced new AL 12m bus for the UD Segment.
These buses have 6200WB, 10 wheel bolts.
The body is built by KMS COACH BUILDERS.
These buses have 12 rows x 4 = 48 seats, 6 speed GB.
I spotted the New KMS built AL UD bus at BMTC Shanthinagar. This bus as working Kanyakumari-Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc06152.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc06150.jpg  

Old 30th August 2011, 01:07   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
I spotted the New KMS built AL UD bus at BMTC Shanthinagar. This bus as working Kanyakumari-Bangalore.
So these were the new batch of buses that CM has flagged off a couple of days ago. Colour scheme looks nice.
1. Is the driver area and the passenger cabin seperated?
2. Why is there no licence plate in English in the rear? Is TN also going the KA way?
3. How long will the buses be in this condition
Old 30th August 2011, 08:26   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
So these were the new batch of buses that CM has flagged off a couple of days ago. Colour scheme looks nice.
1. Is the driver area and the passenger cabin seperated?
Yes the driver area and passenger cabin are seperated. The poor conductor sits beside the driver on that small foldaway seat just like in the SETC 12m 44 seater AC Buses and older Viking 36 seater UD Buses.
There is no sleeper berth behind the driver. That adds one more row of seats making the seating capacity 48. The bus has a LCD TV and DVD Player.
Old 30th August 2011, 09:35   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
Irizar TVS also has built a few buses as part of this batch. There is one more thing to be noted, with the change in guard the buses also have changed colour, both the new set of SETC & MTC buses seem to have gone greener.
Old 30th August 2011, 10:54   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Irizar TVS also has built a few buses as part of this batch
Any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
...both the new set of SETC & MTC buses seem to have gone greener.
If you meant greener with regards to pollution norms, yes, definitely. BS-4 is what everyone's moving to.

Any pics of the new MTC buses? I've seen only BS-4 ordinary buses. Are there any new Deluxe buses?
Old 30th August 2011, 11:31   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Any pics?

If you meant greener with regards to pollution norms, yes, definitely. BS-4 is what everyone's moving to.

Any pics of the new MTC buses? I've seen only BS-4 ordinary buses. Are there any new Deluxe buses?
Will see if I can get any pics, I had seen them before they were launched, unfortunately because of traffic I could not take any pic. I doubt if any Deluxe buses have been launched.

What I meant change in colour is basically "Green is the favourite colour of the current regime of TN"
Old 30th August 2011, 12:31   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Any pics?

Irizar TVS built new ultra deluxe buses of SETC. Pictures were taken by my friend..

Buses in the below pictures are running in Sencottah-Thirupathi, Thiruchendur-Thirupathi and one more route towards thirupathi. Sencottah-Thirupathi is the first route to get these new 12M ultra deluxe buses.

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc06344.jpg

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc06341.jpg

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc06346.jpg

Name:  DSC06402.jpg
Views: 3365
Size:  35.0 KB

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc06519.jpg

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc06601.jpg

New 12M buses were also running in Nagercoil-Bangalore, Trivandrum-Bangalore, Chennai-Ernakulam and one more bus towards from bangalore.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 30th August 2011 at 12:33.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 12:42   #597
Zed
BHPian

Is it just me or do naming conventions of some of our state transport corps seem to be over the top ? Ultra Deluxe ? I mean I though Deluxe by itself is quite a respectable adjective. Though its good to see that driver and passenger comfort are increasingly becoming focal points in these state controlled buses. Hopefully the next step in the evolution, on the part of the transport corporations, will be greater focus on safety (active and passive features), driver training & more visual cues for passengers regarding safety.
Old 30th August 2011, 14:43   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Is it just me or do naming conventions of some of our state transport corps seem to be over the top ? Ultra Deluxe ? I mean I though Deluxe by itself is quite a respectable adjective. Though its good to see that driver and passenger comfort are increasingly becoming focal points in these state controlled buses. Hopefully the next step in the evolution, on the part of the transport corporations, will be greater focus on safety (active and passive features), driver training & more visual cues for passengers regarding safety.

Sir, driver comfort in SETC/TNSTC is minimum. They use the stock seats(black strap ones) and they immediately remove the seat belts(some drivers use it to hang their lunch bag). I hope they atleast maintain the new set of buses properly. Already,around 300 buses of this UD and Luxury coach categories are standing idle in many depots around TN for want of spares. (Source:A Tamil daily). I remember somewhere from TBHP that some officials from SETC visited KSRTC to analyse the cost factor of Mercedes buses. Is this project still in the pipeline or SETC will stick to its good old rattling leyland A/C's? I sincerely hope they bring in atleast a couple of volvos/mercs in the line up. Even the small PRTC(Pondicherry transport corp.) has more than couple of volvos.
Old 30th August 2011, 19:02   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
I remember somewhere from TBHP that some officials from SETC visited KSRTC to analyse the cost factor of Mercedes buses. Is this project still in the pipeline or SETC will stick to its good old rattling leyland A/C's? I sincerely hope they bring in atleast a couple of volvos/mercs in the line up. Even the small PRTC(Pondicherry transport corp.) has more than couple of volvos.
Even I had been wondering what is preventing SETC (TNSTC handles only intra-state operations) from introducing Mercedes-Benzes and Volvos for their inter-state operations. I guess the reason might be because the omnibus operators' lobby in TN is quite powerful.
Old 30th August 2011, 23:52   #600
BHPian

Guys, do you have any idea about the type of chassis used for these 12m SETC UD Buses?
1> 12M BS3 EDC 183 hp (135 kw) @ 2500 rpm
2> 12M BS3 IL MECH 160 hp (118 kw) @ 2400 rpm
3> 12M BS4 CRS 225 hp (165 kw) @ 2500 rpm [THE AL WEBSITE MENTIONS THIS MODEL AS 12M BS3 CRS]
As per the AL website all the 3 models in 12m range have 6 speed GB.
Does IL MECH stand forinline FIP and mechanical governor?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks