Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 21:27   #541
BHPian

Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
Here is another 40 seater [10 row * 4] AL Lynx A+ Non AC School bus that I spotted yesterday at Mavelikkara RTO. The bus came for registration. I guess this one is for some Engineering College.
@ranjithrnath...it could be STAG 40 seater rather than Lynx.

Meanwhile....ULE appears in the AL website. AL could have given more detailed specifications. (pic @ AL) Also i feel, the VikingSLF should also be offered with H6ETiK BS3 engine.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-ule_diesel.jpg  

Old 30th July 2011, 07:14   #542
Senior - BHPian

Acc to the website, there seem to be no BSIII rated fully built city buses from Leyland!!!
Old 30th July 2011, 09:21   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Irizar body on a Eicher 20.15
Attachment 573521
I found these images on the EICHER Website.
First PIC is fully built Heavy Duty bus on the 16 Ton platform-20.15 SCHOOL BUS.There are 2 models.
20.15 M LP with 5340 mm Wheelbase and 10079 mm Overall Length 14600 kg GVW, 95 KW(128 HP) 4948 cc Engine
20.15N with 5840 mm Wheelbase and 11444 mm Overall Length 14600 kg GVW, 108 KW(147 HP) 4948 cc Engine
Second PIC is the cowl chassis
Third PIC is the CNG Variant 20.15N CNG
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-_eicherupload_cv_2015schoolbus_b.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-_eicherupload_cv_2015cowl_b.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-_eicherupload_cv_2015ncngbuschassis_b.jpg  

Old 30th July 2011, 20:40   #544
Senior - BHPian

Travelled by an EICHER Bus yesterday for a few kilometers. The gear lever is placed in an odd position, similar to the i10. Also the engine noise is completely different to TATA and LEYLAND, close to TATA I would say, the huge plus was the big front overhang. That plays an important role in the turning radius and the manouverability
Old 30th July 2011, 21:09   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Travelled by an EICHER Bus yesterday for a few kilometers. The gear lever is placed in an odd position, similar to the i10. Also the engine noise is completely different to TATA and LEYLAND, close to TATA I would say, the huge plus was the big front overhang. That plays an important role in the turning radius and the manouverability
This setup(CSO lever in the dash board) is seen in recent variants of TM 712 skool buses also.
Nice feature and looks good to drive!
A big to TM.
But this does not have any impact on the Turning Circle Dia but place a major role in Manoeuvrability
Old 30th July 2011, 22:48   #546
BHPian

The rivals...

Tata LPO1616 with Cummins IsBe160 HP BS4 engine...first orders by BMTC
  • 12M version
  • Manual & Automatic Transmission - Option
  • 11R22.5 Tyres
Leyland Viking with H6 series CRS 165HP BS4 engine...first orders by MTC
  • 11M version
  • Manual Transmission
  • 10R20 Tyres
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rivals.jpg  

Transsenger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 21:15   #547
Senior - BHPian

Automatic transmission in a Bus is going to be a huge step forward. Air Suspension with Automatic transmission will iron out most bumps in Travel.

Do you have any idea as to how much the automatic costs over the manual?
Old 1st August 2011, 11:20   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Have traveled on a few Eicher buses (Parveen's and Wheels owned) many times including a long trip covering south TN. The leaf spring suspension on the rear felt stiff/bouncier than the ones on Tata and Leyland but the engine was very smooth and had pretty good pickup.

Have spoken to a few Parveen drivers who operate these vehicles for corporates in Chennai. They mentioned that they are able to extract 5+ kmpl in the city but they don't feel confident with Eicher's breaking and handling when compared to AL vehicles.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:33   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This setup(CSO lever in the dash board) is seen in recent variants of TM 712 skool buses also.
Can you post some pics? Haven't got a chance to see such a setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
They mentioned that they are able to extract 5+ kmpl in the city
5+ kmpl in the city??? Then why are TM and AL even selling buses? I seriously doubt these drivers' claim. AFAIK, these Eicher buses (I hope you are talking about the full length Eicher 20.16 buses, and not the mini buses built on the 10.90 platform) use a 160hp engine. I find it a tad difficult to believe that they give such extraordinary FE figures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
...ULE appears in the AL website. AL could have given more detailed specifications. (pic @ AL) Also i feel, the VikingSLF should also be offered with H6ETiK BS3 engine.
The ULE looks better with the rectangular headlamps and the rectangular indicator fitted above it, instead of the U-truck's HL assembly. They should've done something with the empty space in the front to make it look better with the U-truck HL assembly. And as always, the wheel cups look out of place
The Viking SLF BS3 is already on offer!

Last edited by silversteed : 1st August 2011 at 11:50.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:13   #550
BHPian

^^Hi Silversteed, yes I am talking about the full length buses. Parveen travels in Chennai operates these buses for many corporates around Chennai and a few drivers whom I spoke to mentioned about the higher FE while they could manage only 3-4 max in AL. Perhaps it is on the higher side than AL/Tata and the driver may be inaccurate. It would be interesting to cross check with official sources.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:41   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Parveen travels in Chennai operates these buses ... It would be interesting to cross check with official sources.
Actually, Parveen operates Eicher buses for MNCs as well as tourist operations. They have quite a few Eicher buses with AC run off a slave engine, used for package-tours - I've seen many such buses on the OMR and ECR, carrying tourists, mainly foreigners.

Parveen, for unknown reasons, have vehicles from all manufacturers - Volvo, MB, AL, TM, Eicher, Cerita-Kinglong, Sutlej Lexia - I do not understand the benefit of having such a heterogeneous fleet. Sticking on to one or perhaps two manufacturer(s) would help in servicing and also on maintenance front.

AFAIK, BR Motors runs a fleet of TM buses (LPO1613) for the same application, while SBLT has a fleet of AL Vikings (not sure which version, am guessing it's the 114bhp one). SRS Travels runs a mixture of AL and TM buses, but no Eicher.

We should get the actual info on the FE figures.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:58   #552
Senior - BHPian

From the technical standpoint the Eicher has an FE advantage because it runs a smaller engine, 5L compared i guess 5.7L from ALL, and 5.8/5.9L from Tata.
Old 1st August 2011, 18:23   #553
Senior - BHPian

TM - CSO in Dash board

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Can you post some pics? Haven't got a chance
to see such a setup...
Fotos for referance
But I am not sure of the comfortness of the driver.
I feel some drivers will find it definetely odd.
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-tm-cso.jpg

Last edited by Ashley2 : 1st August 2011 at 18:35.
Old 1st August 2011, 22:10   #554
Senior - BHPian

Re: TM - CSO in Dash board

Quote:
Fotos for referance
But I am not sure of the comfortness of the driver.
I feel some drivers will find it definetely odd.
Well, I think they tried to make it look like the Prima setup. Is it cable operated? Anyway, nice move there, though I would be more comfortable with the lever slightly towards the back (like in the TM HCVs and newer type of AL buses) than being positioned so much towards the front like in the picture
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:02   #555
Senior - BHPian

Re: TM - CSO in Dash board

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Well, I think they tried to make it look like the Prima setup. Is it cable operated? Anyway, nice move there, though I would be more comfortable with the lever slightly towards the back (like in the TM HCVs and newer type of AL buses) than being positioned so much towards the front like in the picture
It doesnt look anything like the Prima setup. Here's a pic for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-4.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks