Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 15:08   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Do you mean, those "Hi-tech" Superfast and FP buses? What happened to those AC buses built on AL 12M chassis, with a slave engine? They were better than the Globuses that run the TSR-BLR service
Those AC buses are now being run as "Super Deluxe" on some route (as spare). A good number of them have been sent to the Kollam area, and they run as FP buses on the Kollam-Punalur/Trivandrum routes. (A couple of them are running as LS Ordinary as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
I remember seeing them in 2004 and 2005 times then gradually those green superfast buses from IRIZAR TVS went out and then came the clas(sick) red and cream colours (which I hate). I am guessing the guys in the
Kerala SRTC workshops tinkered with it and made them unrecognizable.
Most of these buses had Fibre made front designs - and after running for 6-7 years on the road, the fibre moulded parts started falling off - and hence these buses are being rebuilt. However, the passenger cabin is still intact in case of buses built by Irizar TVS. Among the "hitech" buses bought by KeSRTC, the ones by Irizar-TVS are in the best shape, followed by the ones by Popular Mega Motors. The ones made by REC was the worst.

Quote:
I remember that the Thiruvalla-Bangalore was IRIZAR TVS bus but now that you have pointed out I feel that this was not that bus.
Quote:
TVLA-BLR Super Deluxe used to be an Irizar-TVS built bus. It was from the TP or RT series (IIRC). The bus in your picture is pretty new, RRC9xx is just a year or two old.
AFAIK, the Thiruvalla-Bangalore bus was launched by Shri Mathew Thomas, when he was the Transport Minister. Then, the service was a Super Fast. Super Deluxe came only in 2008. IIRC, there was no Super-Deluxe service in this route in the TP/RT era at all.
Old 8th July 2011, 15:29   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
AFAIK, the Thiruvalla-Bangalore bus was launched by Shri Mathew Thomas, when he was the Transport Minister. Then, the service was a Super Fast. Super Deluxe came only in 2008. IIRC, there was no Super-Deluxe service in this route in the TP/RT era at all.
How about a Kottayam-Bangalore service? I remember travelling in one of those, in 2005/6. Forgot the exact starting point, that's why I assumed it to be TVLA-BLR. The front was like those "Hi-tech" Super Fast buses.
Old 8th July 2011, 15:56   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about a Kottayam-Bangalore service? I remember travelling in one of those, in 2005/6. Forgot the exact starting point, that's why I assumed it to be TVLA-BLR. The front was like those "Hi-tech" Super Fast buses.
IIRC, a Kottayam-Bangalore Super-Deluxe did exist. This service was later upgraded to an AC bus (Globus), and has now been downgraded to a "Super Express".

This is the Super-Deluxe you are talking about. The second pic is the same bus, after being rebuilt at Regional Workshop, Edapal (Malapuram District). This bus is now serving as a "Malabar" (Ordinary) bus.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-p1260611.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-img_1415.jpg  

Old 8th July 2011, 17:06   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
IIRC, a Kottayam-Bangalore Super-Deluxe did exist. This service was later upgraded to an AC bus (Globus), and has now been downgraded to a "Super Express".

This is the Super-Deluxe you are talking about. The second pic is the same bus, after being rebuilt at Regional Workshop, Edapal (Malapuram District). This bus is now serving as a "Malabar" (Ordinary) bus.
It pains to see such buses alongside modern Tatas, Leylands, Marcopolos, Volvos (and now Mercedes, ISuzu etc etc).
How can you make Buses so ugly ? (even if it is in the name of functionality) Seriously the Hi tech buses were so nice compared to the metal junk that these KeSRTC workshop put out albeit at a cost.

It is an eyesore to see such buses plying on our roads. THe plastic/moulded grille in the IRizar was far better than the metal slits on the tinkered one. The reason why the moulded ones don't stay is
1. Condition of Roads
2. Bad Maintenance
3. Some amount of Careless Driving

On a separate note
Did you note that the Super Deluxe has AIR BUS written on the side. What does that mean now ?
The Ordinary bus has an air suspension now ? COOL
or the Super Deluxe bus never had Air Suspension ? DECEITFUL

Last edited by figo_mba : 8th July 2011 at 17:10.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:25   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It pains to see such buses alongside modern Tatas, Leylands, Marcopolos, Volvos (and now Mercedes, ISuzu etc etc).
How can you make Buses so ugly ? (even if it is in the name of functionality) Seriously the Hi tech buses were so nice compared to the metal junk that these KeSRTC workshop put out albeit at a cost.

It is an eyesore to see such buses plying on our roads. THe plastic/moulded grille in the IRizar was far better than the metal slits on the tinkered one. The reason why the moulded ones don't stay is
1. Condition of Roads
2. Bad Maintenance
3. Some amount of Careless Driving
Truth be told, the so-called metal junk is better suited for our roads than the flashy, bling-bling stuff. Reasons, as you've pointed out above. The insides of these "metal junk"s are however far better than many of the similar services operated by other state transport corporations and private operators. By interiors I meant seats, their recline, leg room, under-thigh support, cushioning, etc.

This design by Irizar-TVS (and many others) is actually derived from that of a DC-Coach. The positioning of the indicators and park lights is however different.

Quote:
On a separate note
Did you note that the Super Deluxe has AIR BUS written on the side. What does that mean now ?
The Ordinary bus has an air suspension now ? COOL
or the Super Deluxe bus never had Air Suspension ? DECEITFUL
The Super Deluxe had Air Suspension, while the Malabar does not. The air suspension would've been replaced by a normal spring-leaf suspension when the workshop conducted the surgery.

Last edited by silversteed : 8th July 2011 at 17:32.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 22:15   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Truth be told, the so-called metal junk is better suited for our roads than the flashy, bling-bling stuff. Reasons, as you've pointed out above. The insides of these "metal junk"s are however far better than many of the similar services operated by other state transport corporations and private operators. By interiors I meant seats, their recline, leg room, under-thigh support, cushioning, etc.
+1 to that.

I noticed that in the past 3-4 years of constant travelling within KL, I have stuck KeSRTC for their better seating, and sensible drivers.

And bnaiks, I really should do a "namaskar" for the kind of follow up you do. If I ever become the transport minister, I will make you the MD of KeSRTC. Promise!!!!
Old 13th July 2011, 09:16   #517
Senior - BHPian

SCOOP: New DC coach on regular chassis

I managed to snap this snazzy creation while on my way back from work. Its a new DC design. Maybe this is their answer to VOLVO and BENZ. Its built on a regular TATA/LEYLAND chassis and should be their mass-market Coach. I expect it to be priced very close to VOLVO and BENZ Coaches
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-08072011399.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-08072011400.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-08072011401.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-08072011402.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-08072011403.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-08072011405.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-08072011406.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-08072011407.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-08072011408.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-08072011409.jpg  

TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 11:35   #518
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a Motorhome kind of thing, may be for some south Indian movie star.

And yeah it keeps the tradition of DC design alive, the tradition of looking completely crap.
Old 18th July 2011, 18:54   #519
Senior - BHPian

Lynx Double Decker

Some fotos from Jipur - Double Decker in Lynx platform!
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc00687.jpg

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc00688.jpg

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc00686.jpg

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc00685.jpg
Old 23rd July 2011, 08:43   #520
BHPian

AMW 10 Wheeler bus.
Heard from sources that AMW is testing a multi axle bus with 10 wheels(4 wheels each on 2 rear axles). The length of the bus is about 0.95(Approx) more than that of Volvo Multi Axle.The seating capacity will be 58 as told. More details are awaited.
gold class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 22:00   #521
BHPian

Here is AL's BS4 Chassis...notice an additional tank/reservoir for SCR! So the new MTC BS4 diesel buses are based on these!
(Pic.@AL)
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-viking_bs4.jpg  

Old 24th July 2011, 23:25   #522
Senior - BHPian

What is TM going to do for BMTC.
EGR or SCR?
But any way wish they are not fined this time
Old 25th July 2011, 07:16   #523
Senior - BHPian

The ISBe engines to be used by Tata use SCR to meet E4 and E5 regulations. They are already offereing the 160hp ISBe 4.5L with both manual and auto transmissions for city use.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:47   #524
Senior - BHPian

How is the performance of Divo bus going on.
I have traveled in the earlier bus, its performance was good and it was comparable to any other Luxury bus like Volvo. But I was surprised that was immediately replaced with 285 HP and renamed as Divo.
But now I am sad that its not gaining momentum even to the level of Isuzu.
Wish they should give a touch fight to Volvo, MB's.
Old 26th July 2011, 06:54   #525
BHPian

@Ashley2

I have briefly traveled on the Divo. I cannot really comment since the ride was too short and the bus was yet to complete its final 'finishing process'. Its doing decently in the north. The one which I traveled on, was part of eight buses which was ordered from Punjab by some operator.

The Divo has got a fancy instrument cluster, multifunction steering wheel etc.

I think it deserve to have a good run.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks