Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 11:27   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

Irizar body on a Eicher 20.15
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-dsc06082.jpg
Old 7th July 2011, 11:47   #497
Senior - BHPian

The only reaction is "OMG". This is by Irizar, who happen to be a leading bus-body builder of Europe!!!
Old 7th July 2011, 12:54   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Irizar body on a Eicher 20.15
Can't they make it any more ugly?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The only reaction is "OMG"
OMG is too little a reaction...

Last edited by silversteed : 7th July 2011 at 12:55.
Old 7th July 2011, 14:40   #499
BHPian

I dont know if the relation is still there but IRIZAR had a TVS behind it and with that I am not surprised to see such coaches running in TN. This looks like a typical TN bus (no offense anyone).

Last edited by figo_mba : 7th July 2011 at 14:43.
Old 7th July 2011, 14:56   #500

It may not be a monocoque design since the only company which makes monocoque in India is Corona. they have a tie up with KMS coach builders..

Volvo doesn't make monocoque coaches...they build teh bus on chassis but they call it as "true bus chassis" ( it is not similar to truck chassis). The original chassis is cut at the centre and joined with some reinforced structures to give luggage space.
Old 7th July 2011, 16:20   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshmig_cbe View Post
It may not be a monocoque design since the only company which makes monocoque in India is Corona. they have a tie up with KMS coach builders..

Volvo doesn't make monocoque coaches...they build teh bus on chassis but they call it as "true bus chassis" ( it is not similar to truck chassis). The original chassis is cut at the centre and joined with some reinforced structures to give luggage space.
The bus in the pic is not monocoque at all, it's a ladder-frame chassis with a body built over it.

AFAIK, Corona makes its own buses, at their plant

Volvo and many others use what is called "Modular chassis". Ashley2 had posted a pic of one such chassis from MB being transported on a trailer.
Old 7th July 2011, 17:35   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Volvo and many others use what is called "Modular chassis". ..
A small correction!
Its called Module(front and Rear) and they are not Modular.
The cabs made are only Modular!
Old 7th July 2011, 18:30   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
I dont know if the relation is still there but IRIZAR had a TVS behind it and with that I am not surprised to see such coaches running in TN. This looks like a typical TN bus (no offense anyone).
I would have to say in the bus-building field, that Irizar is behind TVS and not the other way around. Irizar I think is the 2nd largest bus-body builder of Europe and one of the largest in the world, with operations all over the world.
Old 7th July 2011, 22:12   #504
BHPian

Quote:
I would have to say in the bus-building field, that Irizar is behind TVS and not the other way around. Irizar I think is the 2nd largest bus-body builder of Europe and one of the largest in the world, with operations all over the world.
I am not sure if I understand your statements correctly. Irizar is second largest in europe, I think Hispano is the largest; And Tatas have a stake in that. How is TVS better than Irizar ?

On a seperate note kerala srtc had many buses from Irizar tvs but most of them are out and gone now. have put a picture of one of the remaining ones.
They are not that attractive if you can see them, looks like they are built to a cost.
source:ksrtcblog
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-ksrtc-11.jpg  

Old 7th July 2011, 22:47   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if I understand your statements correctly. Irizar is second largest in europe, I think Hispano is the largest; And Tatas have a stake in that. How is TVS better than Irizar ?
What I mean was that, Irizar is the bigger company in bus-building terms. Thus one would have to say that its Irizar which is doing the backing and not TVS. By behind I mean, Irizar is supporting TVS and not the other way round.

Also, Hispano is very big, though I doubt it is the largest in Europe. Though as intercity coach manufacturers Irizar and Hispano are some of the largest.

By the way, Tata no longer just has a stake in Hispano Carrocera, but it completely owns it. Infact the buses arae now branded as Tata Hispano, with a Tata "T" on the front.

Here are two Tata Hispano, based on Volvo chassis.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-hispanonaya_volvo_valdes163_alicante2062011.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rafecar1024x768.jpg  

julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 10:07   #506
BHPian

Quote:
What I mean was that, Irizar is the bigger company in bus-building terms. Thus one would have to say that its Irizar which is doing the backing and not TVS. By behind I mean, Irizar is supporting TVS and not the other way round.
Oh got it now. I was just trying to say although IRIZAR might be the bigger partner here the TVS influence is seen in the way that particular bus looks like other buses in TN.

Quote:
Also, Hispano is very big, though I doubt it is the largest in Europe. Though as intercity coach manufacturers Irizar and Hispano are some of the largest.
By the way, Tata no longer just has a stake in Hispano Carrocera, but it completely owns it. Infact the buses arae now branded as Tata Hispano, with a Tata "T" on the front.
Here are two Tata Hispano, based on Volvo chassis.
Thanks for the Info and pics.

On a different note Some times it surprises me to see bus body building unit in kerala comes out with buses on truck chassis that looks great. Their experience on sheet metal is tremendous.

Will upload some pictures soon.
Old 8th July 2011, 10:58   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a seperate note kerala srtc had many buses from Irizar tvs but most of them are out and gone now. have put a picture of one of the remaining ones.
They are not that attractive if you can see them, looks like they are built to a cost.
This one is NOT built by Irizar-TVS. This bus was built by KSRTC Central Workshop, Pappanamcode (Trivandrum). The quality of sheet metal works in most of these buses were poor, and all of them were "rejuvenated" by regional workshops last year.

And, "most" of the Irizar-TVS buses are not gone yet - they are just about 6-7 years old. However, most of them have been rebuilt by Regional Workshops of KSRTC.
Old 8th July 2011, 11:10   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
And, "most" of the Irizar-TVS buses are not gone yet - they are just about 6-7 years old. However, most of them have been rebuilt by Regional Workshops of KSRTC.
Do you mean, those "Hi-tech" Superfast and FP buses? What happened to those AC buses built on AL 12M chassis, with a slave engine? They were better than the Globuses that run the TSR-BLR service
Old 8th July 2011, 11:20   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
This one is NOT built by Irizar-TVS. This bus was built by KSRTC Central Workshop, Pappanamcode (Trivandrum). The quality of sheet metal works in most of these buses were poor, and all of them were "rejuvenated" by regional workshops last year.

I remember seeing them in 2004 and 2005 times then gradually those green superfast buses from IRIZAR TVS went out and then came the clas(sick) red and cream colours (which I hate). I am guessing the guys in the
Kerala SRTC workshops tinkered with it and made them unrecognizable.

I remember that the Thiruvalla-Bangalore was IRIZAR TVS bus but now that you have pointed out I feel that this was not that bus.
My apologies.
Old 8th July 2011, 11:39   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember that the Thiruvalla-Bangalore was IRIZAR TVS bus but now that you have pointed out I feel that this was not that bus.
TVLA-BLR Super Deluxe used to be an Irizar-TVS built bus. It was from the TP or RT series (IIRC). The bus in your picture is pretty new, RRC9xx is just a year or two old.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks