Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 07:44   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

@Ashley

I think everybody would be using the same Allison Auto transmission in India. Tata and Leyland surely do.
Old 7th June 2011, 08:17   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Nope. The AC ones are also on 1618 (RE) chassis. BMTC bought the bus for 32 lakhs a piece. (650mm Floor height, without kneeling function)
I thought they are LF ones with E+0 entry.

@Julupani: Though logically you are right but unless we know the spec we cannot comment on them.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 7th June 2011 at 08:20.
Old 7th June 2011, 08:22   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
I thought they are LF ones with E+0 entry.
Nope. These buses have E+1. Here is a pic of the rear door:

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-p1340815.jpg
Old 7th June 2011, 08:26   #454
Senior - BHPian

@binai

This pic seems to be from a non-AC version. I remember having travelled in an AC BMTC MarcoPolo and it was a full E+0 low floor version. I have never used a non-AC one so dont know about them.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:26   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new design from Prakash (ZMR, something).
Spotted this morning.
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-160620111233.jpg
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-160620111234.jpg
It's a brand new sleeper coach, built on an AL 12M chassis. Steering was the older type. But the instrument cluster, bonnet, gear lever are all similar to what is found in U-trucks.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
This pic seems to be from a non-AC version. I remember having travelled in an AC BMTC MarcoPolo and it was a full E+0 low floor version. I have never used a non-AC one so dont know about them.
I doubt. The AC Marcopolos I've travelled in, were all E+1. I'm yet to come across an E+0. Maybe there are two versions here, and you travelled in the E+0 while I've seen only the E+1. Non-AC MPs are SLFs (E+2), like the AL Vikings.

Last edited by silversteed : 16th June 2011 at 10:29.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:31   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
@binai

If you say so.. I traveled in this bus, and was surely air conditioned. The image was taken while traveling in the bus. But if you think otherwise... your wish.

Here is another pic of the AC Marcopolo - this one was shot at night, so pardon if it isn't clear.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I doubt. The AC Marcopolos I've travelled in, were all E+1. I'm yet to come across an E+0. Maybe there are two versions here, and you travelled in the E+0 while I've seen only the E+1. Non-AC MPs are SLFs (E+2), like the AL Vikings.
BMTC had E+0 Marcopolos for trial only - the buses were returned after trials, since BMTC was unimpressed about them. The Marcopolos that current run with BMTC are E+1 (AC) and E+2 (Non-AC).
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-img_8376.jpg  

Last edited by binaiks : 16th June 2011 at 10:35.
Old 17th June 2011, 21:12   #457
BHPian

Spotted a new 2007 model Tata LPO1615 Tarmac coach. The body is built by ACGL. Sources indicate that this is one among the three being procured by a private contract carriage operator for their operation at Cochin airport.
The bus is fitted with Tata697 TCIC BS3 rear mounted engine and Carrier A/c directly driven from main engine. Its a ultra low floor version with kneeling facility and front disc brakes.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-tarmac-015.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-tarmac-004.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-tarmac-028.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-tarmac-025.jpg  

Transsenger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 21:28   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Spotted a new 2007 model Tata LPO1615 Tarmac coach. The body is built by ACGL. Sources indicate that this is one among the three being procured by a private contract carriage operator for their operation at Cochin airport.
Er! A "New 2007 model"? Such buses were used by Jet Airways at Bangalore (HAL) and Mumbai, IIRC.
Old 18th June 2011, 17:39   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Er! A "New 2007 model"? Such buses were used by Jet Airways at Bangalore (HAL) and Mumbai, IIRC.
I expected that!. "new" in the sense its an unsold bus and not a second hand!
The model is not really new, so i mentioned the year.
Old 19th June 2011, 13:07   #460
Senior - BHPian

Finally PRAKASH breaks away from the VOLVO mould and is thinking on its own. The xenon headlights must be a first for a bus body builder. The bus does not look out-standing but is a step in the right direction definitely
Old 19th June 2011, 13:56   #461
Senior - BHPian

This model is already available and the pic of the same is in TBHP too, the first user of this model is ARC travels. But the lights are all fine, but what is their quality?
Old 20th June 2011, 09:27   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Finally PRAKASH breaks away from the VOLVO mould and is thinking on its own. The xenon headlights must be a first for a bus body builder. The bus does not look out-standing but is a step in the right direction definitely
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
This model is already available and the pic of the same is in TBHP too, the first user of this model is ARC travels. But the lights are all fine, but what is their quality?
TheARUN, I'm assuming that you're referring to the pic of the bus I'd posted above. Yes, it's been introduced a year ago, and as AlphaKilo mentioned, the first bus that I've seen with this body, is of ARC Tours.

The lights are fine, pretty bright too. However, I'm not sure if their spread is as good as the conventional headlamps, for I've seen the bus cruising with additional lamps on.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:16   #463
Senior - BHPian

OT, Happened to see this commercial in Hindi on a bus in United States..
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-sfobus.jpg
Old 24th June 2011, 12:14   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
OT, Happened to see this commercial in Hindi on a bus in United States..
Attachment 565650

LOL. nothing can beat this! desi influence everywhere. A vanhool bus. What is that door like thing where the third window should have been?Right above the "M".
Old 24th June 2011, 22:13   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
LOL. nothing can beat this! desi influence everywhere. A vanhool bus. What is that door like thing where the third window should have been?Right above the "M".
These are mid engined buses. What you normally see in RE buses is accomodated some where in the middle.
By the way, these mini buses are becoming more and more popular since my last visit here, the public transit org where i was, replaced the big buses with these smaller ones, but increased the frequency of buses.
Off topic, Another new mini bus model that gets lot of attention in US now is Temsa. I see many corporates replaced their big buses with these small ones.
With the Gas prices going up, looks like developed countries are down sizing the buses for better fuel efficiency.

Last edited by teamveevee : 24th June 2011 at 22:14.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks