Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 10:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Is the H-Series engine used in the U-Trucks of AL their own? Or derived from the old Hino range of engines?

Good to see AL responding to the rising threat from the Volvos, Navistars, Daimlers of the world.
H - Series used in U - Truck are Common Rail System and not the older engines. Apartfrom this Neptune engines are also offered in U - Truck in 4932
Old 13th January 2010, 11:48   #47
BHPian

With tata , mahindra and AL claiming their new trucks being upward 200-300 bhp, the heavy vehicle market in india is defenitely looking very very promising indeed. Added to that the creature comforts provided in the trucks will be much welcome by the truckers in India. Also assuming that these trucks are much more fuel efficient and less on the pollution. Cant wait to see the phasing out of the smoke belching behemoths that run our highways right now. Wonder why this market was so neglected for so many years. One thing that scares me though is what our highways are going to turn out into once these monsters get to the hands of our truckwallas.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:31   #48
BHPian

Good to see this kind of trucks in Indian roads. I think the existing trucks also should get some face lift. Many of them are not fit for the road.
At the same time we also need to improve the quality of the road construction. else we will have tough time on road to negotiate the pot hole
Old 13th January 2010, 21:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

these new trucks are changing the way of trucking in india. nice to see that.
driver comfort is important & these trucks offer that hugely. also the amount of safety that these trucks provide, accidents will reduce to some extent.
Old 14th January 2010, 00:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

I would love to see this into production
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-renault_radiance_2004_30.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-rt_radiance1.jpg  

Old 14th January 2010, 01:06   #51
BHPian

It's a good thing we are getting bigger trucks hope it will bring better drivers as well.
Just imaging these trucks in the hand of drivers who rip the AL and TATA trucks. It could be lethal if the driving habits are not changed
Old 14th January 2010, 10:40   #52
BHPian

Quote:
The true difference lies in the way they source components and have utilised external resources. "Our truck has been designed in Italy [ Images ], the drivetrain is from US and Europe, the chassis from Mexico, fabrication from Sweden, and dies from Japan [ Images ]", says Ramakrishnan.
A polished AMW?
Old 14th January 2010, 10:48   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
H - Series used in U - Truck are Common Rail System and not the older engines. Apart from this Neptune engines are also offered in U - Truck in 4932
The Neptune engine is developed inhouse, I believe. A very good thing, indeed; but interesting none the less as I read once a top official at AL rubbishing the need to develop indigenous engines stating that there was no need to reinvent the wheel.
Old 14th January 2010, 15:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I have to think a bit more about that, though it seems true in general. Specially since CV manufacturers usually are stuck with the lowest cost maximum overloading philosophy.
Completely agree with you, but what I think the Indian Makers (TATA, Mahindra) have managed to push the envelop in design and quality to compete with the foreign players while managing to provide for maximum overloading and lowest costs.

What I think will need to be seen is how these offerings do in comparison to the old loud trucks we posses. Even at the hands of Indian Truckwalla's if these NEW trucks a more silent and faster it would greatly help congestion in part of the cities where these ply around the most.

As to wether they will influence the fleet owners, only time will tell. India needs a range of good Vehicles(assuming they are good indeed). Old mantra's die hard in a country obsessed with VFM. So yes time it will take.

Also I read somewhere the Mahindra Navistar trucks will start selling from the end of March '10.

Any Ideas on when the Prima will start selling?

@tushky - completely agree with you brother. We need Future now.
Old 14th January 2010, 15:05   #55
BHPian

Finally, the Indian Truck scene is looking promising. Some really good looking and high powered trucks are being launched. I am specially happy that the Indian manufacturers have realized the need of such good looking trucks with goad load dispensation and power.

However with the truck drivers in India letting rip with the current trucks, I am scared to think what will happen if they get their hands on such monsters. We need to change our driving methods first and learn to use these machines responsibly.
Old 14th January 2010, 15:09   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
The Renault Radiance is indeed a stunning looking truck and it would be lovely to see such beauties on the Indian Roads. However, I doubt the practicality of it.
Old 14th January 2010, 21:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
the truck looks a bit ugly & look at its GC. its not at all ideal for the indian road.
it will take years for something like this to come to india, maybe 2050.
Old 14th January 2010, 21:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
the truck looks a bit ugly & look at its GC. its not at all ideal for the indian road.
I thinkThey started with designing a Renault Modus and then suddenly they thought lets design a Truck on it. i liked it though. GC can be change while making production version.
Old 14th January 2010, 21:27   #59
BHPian

Friends, please go through the following link.

Mid-America Trucking Show Photo Gallery | 2010 Mid-America Trucking Show, March 25-27
Old 14th January 2010, 21:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post

1. Ugly does not matter in the commercial segment.

2. HCVs need to have very low GC. Errr.. this is not "low GC"; but "under run" protection - ot prevent smaller vehicles going under the wheels in case of collission. It is very unfortunate that in India, we mandate only front and rear under run protection; and not side under run protection.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks