Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2011, 18:34   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I thought a U3518 was available with New Gen cabs.
But this is not U-Truck an older one
Old 31st January 2011, 17:15   #422
BHPian

in trichy there are a lot of volvo trailers/trucks having NL or HR registration but owned by namakkal transport carriers(used mainly for/by BHEL's fabrication vendors). what is the reason to go for NL or HR registration?
Old 31st January 2011, 18:15   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leylander View Post
in trichy there are a lot of volvo trailers/trucks having NL or HR registration but owned by namakkal transport carriers(used mainly for/by BHEL's fabrication vendors). what is the reason to go for NL or HR registration?
The reason is, NL allows registering trucks through agents. And they don't have a limit on the tonnage, unlike other states' RTOs. I think KL has a limit of 49T (or lesser? Correct me if i'm wrong). The trucks do not need to be produced before the RTO for registration formalities, and it's enough to go thru these agents.

This has been asked before in this thread IIRC.
Old 31st January 2011, 18:52   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The reason is, NL allows registering trucks through agents. And they don't have a limit on the tonnage, unlike other states' RTOs. I think KL has a limit of 49T (or lesser? Correct me if i'm wrong).
No where in India you can register truck(tractor) beyond 49T as they are governed by CMVR rather than local RTO rules.
The main reason for registering in NL is their road tax is comparitively less than other states and as indicated by you I am not sure they register a vehicle without even seeing that!
Old 31st January 2011, 19:07   #425
BHPian

oh ok. thanks silversteed and ashley2.
Old 31st January 2011, 20:02   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
No where in India you can register truck(tractor) beyond 49T as they are governed by CMVR rather than local RTO rules.
The main reason for registering in NL is their road tax is comparitively less than other states and as indicated by you I am not sure they register a vehicle without even seeing that!
Sorry, I was less informed. What I wrote was based on what some truck driver once told me a couple of years ago. Yeah, he did mention about the tax also.

If the NL registered trucks do really belong to the North East, then why do they ply only in the south? Will it be economical to drive the truck all the way to Nagaland just for registration?
Old 31st January 2011, 20:16   #427
Senior - BHPian

Nagaland does not require the vehicle to be actually present for registration, this combined with lower taxes means a lot of trucks especially of higher tonnage( which attracts more tax) get registered in Nagaland.

As far as HR is considered, I havnt particularly noticed a higher than usual percentage of these.
Old 31st January 2011, 21:13   #428
BHPian

The first TML Prima4028 in Kerala. Spotted the vehicle at tyre shop near kalamassery. Its owned by Kalapurakkal Transports. The tractor was back after its first trip from Cochin - Palakkad. There were some TML officials doing some check on the tyre pressure etc. The driver was happy with the vehicle but felt some wobbling on front tyres, for which TML officials were checking. The mileage on its first trip is 1.9Kmpl. The cabin was repainted brown, for RTO registration. It is learned that the market response is very encouraging for Prima in kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-image210.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image211.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image212.jpg  

Old 31st January 2011, 22:07   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
The first TML Prima4028 in Kerala. Spotted the vehicle at tyre shop near kalamassery. Its owned by Kalapurakkal Transports. The tractor was back after its first trip from Cochin - Palakkad. There were some TML officials doing some check on the tyre pressure etc. The driver was happy with the vehicle but felt some wobbling on front tyres, for which TML officials were checking. The mileage on its first trip is 1.9Kmpl. The cabin was repainted brown, for RTO registration. It is learned that the market response is very encouraging for Prima in kerala.
Doesn't look too bad in brown. But that white lower half of the front fascia is not to my liking. Anyway, I hope to see one in person soon.
Old 1st February 2011, 07:43   #430
Senior - BHPian

The colour doesnt look bad, because I think that this is actually a factory finish colour.

The company logo is a pretty nice touch, it would have been even better if the font size had matched the Prima logo on the other side. Thank god he has left the look of the truck largely untouched, making for a really smart subtle look.
Old 1st February 2011, 09:01   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
.... It is learned that the market response is very encouraging for Prima in kerala.
That should be obviously.
A true credit to world class trucks with "Made in India" tag
Old 12th February 2011, 16:02   #432
BHPian

Is Tata planning for Semi Forward Cabi (Truck with a nose) type of a vehicle on Prima platform.
Old 12th February 2011, 18:32   #433
Senior - BHPian

No, there will be no Semi-forward cab models on the Prima models. In fact even in normal trucks SFCs rarely sell. Rarely a hundred of those get sold per month, so why would Tata want to bring out such a model.
Old 13th February 2011, 22:19   #434
BHPian

saw this tata prima monster speeding past me in NH67 in trichy. sorry for the poor clarity of picture as it was taken using mobile camera. even with the load it was easily doing close to 90kmph. such a speed. tata clearly has a winner of a product in tata prima.
i would like to know now that what is the difference in cost between a tata prima and volvo truck in the same category?
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-image0120.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 08:52   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leylander View Post
i would like to know now that what is the difference in cost between a tata prima and volvo truck in the same category?
Ideally there is no product in VOlvo to compete one to one with Prima.
Primas are powered with 280HP where as the VOlvo base version starts from FM300 - 300HP.
But what I feel is Prima should / can replace the Volvo lower version like FM 300
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks