Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 12:39   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

So ALL will be providing the car-carrier trailers along with the 3518 tractors or just the tractors?? Because the article mentions only 40 FBVs to be part of the order.

Nobody yet seems to be opting for the Neptune high power engines on the U-platform yet. The order is still of the H-series engine.

OT: Who does VRL transport cars for??
Old 20th January 2011, 12:55   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
So ALL will be providing the car-carrier trailers along with the 3518 tractors or just the tractors??
Because the article mentions only 40 FBVs to be part of the order.
200 Trators and 40 car carriers
Quote:
Nobody yet seems to be opting for the Neptune high power engines on the U-platform yet. The order is still of the H-series engine.
They are yet to be offered

Quote:
OT: Who does VRL transport cars for??
That should be news even for me
Old 20th January 2011, 15:35   #393
Senior - BHPian

Didnt the neptune engine get launched already. I have brochures from ALL website mentioning the engines on offer.

Actually providing a product with certain specification and not mentioning it on the website is pretty common and allows us CV enthusiasts to keep speculating, but mentioning on the website and not offering is a first.

I thought the Neptune series were launched along with the recent expansion of the U-truck platform.
Old 20th January 2011, 15:57   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didnt the neptune engine get launched already. I have brochures from ALL website mentioning the engines on offer.

Actually providing a product with certain specification and not mentioning it on the website is pretty common and allows us CV enthusiasts to keep speculating, but mentioning on the website and not offering is a first.

I thought the Neptune series were launched along with the recent expansion of the U-truck platform.
I have the same thoughts.

OT here, I would love to see that 320hp power plant in the Luxura instead of the 230hp one on offer now.
Old 21st January 2011, 13:17   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I have the same thoughts.

OT here, I would love to see that 320hp power plant in the Luxura instead of the 230hp one on offer now.
Me too! The 320hp Neptune on a Mutli-axle Luxura will be awesome!
Waiting for it Ashley!
Old 22nd January 2011, 21:32   #396
BHPian

Spotted Kerala's first AL U3123 Tipper and i believe its the first 8x4 tipper in kerala (other than some reregistered Volvo FM7). Two of them was delivered last week by AL to EdyalTech, a subcontractor doing NH47 project. This one was unloading rock metals near Chalakudy.
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-image204.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2011, 22:39   #397
Senior - BHPian

Really strange colour scheme that the company has gone in for.

Is this model on offer with the Neptune engines, in any higher power guises???
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:56   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really strange colour scheme that the company has gone in for.
Is this model on offer with the Neptune engines, in any higher power guises???
Its not the colour scheme offered by AL.
They are in complete white only. The yellow should be a prefered choice from customer.
BTW, I am puzzled to know why many customers are going for yellow in the front panel ?
Old 23rd January 2011, 09:50   #399
Senior - BHPian

India's first 49T GCW tractor?

Ashokleyland Hippo was the India's first 49 T GCW tractor AFAIK.
But how come AMW 4923TR is claiming that?
Name:  Pic.bmp
Views: 3522
Size:  858.8 KB

Last edited by Ashley2 : 23rd January 2011 at 09:52.
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:28   #400
Senior - BHPian

This is definitely a case of misleading customers. Both ALL and TML had launched 49ton GVW tractors well before AMW came into the market.

Though they are the 1st in the segment of sub-premium trucks in launching a 49ton tractor.
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:45   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is in similar lines with Tata Prima.
It was told that they are Euro V ready and having engine options upto 560HP. Unfortunately the products displayed in the Auto Expo was only Euro III and not even Euro IV.The videos in the Prima web page still calls to tell about these higher engine options.
This is a snap shop from AL website and it does not call for any Neptune series.
Name:  AL web page.bmp
Views: 3205
Size:  658.2 KB
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:11   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Its not the colour scheme offered by AL.
They are in complete white only. The yellow should be a prefered choice from customer.
BTW, I am puzzled to know why many customers are going for yellow in the front panel ?
I think there is/was some rule in Kerala requiring commercial vehicles to have the front panel in yellow. Most factory cabs have this scheme. But, the custom built cab trucks don't. They stick with the drab brown all over. Haven't seen this in any other states, though.
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:40   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
I think there is/was some rule in Kerala requiring commercial vehicles to have the front panel in yellow. Most factory cabs have this scheme. But, the custom built cab trucks don't. They stick with the drab brown all over. Haven't seen this in any other states, though.
Even Tamil Nadu has the same trend!
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:26   #404
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, my mistake, even ALL had showcase models with the Neptune series engines in the U2526 and the U4932, which apparently has not had a commercial launch yet. The actual product page on the website does not yet show these trucks, though I have brochures from the Auto Expo section of the website.

The same is the case with the Tata Prima, the very primitive and basic website is only a product range website for the Prima. It does not have a single actual product page with any sort of specifcation, even though 4 products have already been launched. The videos, brochure etc are only generic ones and not product specific ones. So cant complain about the data provided in them considering that all of them are still true, be it the 560hp engines or the Euro V ready engines.

Though overall the ALL website is far far ahead in terms of the TML CV website, which is downright pathetic, even more so with respect to the Prima range.

As for the colour, at least the company( both buyer and seller) should have gone in for an all yellow scheme, if there exists such a rule that the front should be yellow.

Also does the front bumper not count in the front panel, as it is still white in the pic!!!
Old 23rd January 2011, 19:48   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Spotted Kerala's first AL U3123 Tipper and i believe its the first 8x4 tipper in kerala (other than some reregistered Volvo FM7)....
What is Volvo FM7 doing in kerala. Did'nt know that there are mines in Kerala
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks