Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 19:26   #4111
BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

KSRTC shows this option between Bangalore and murdeshwar. Anyone knows what bus this is? I searched online but I'm not finding any information about this.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-img20231206wa0021.jpg  

Old 7th December 2023, 11:48   #4112
BHPian

Travelling to Chennai from Bangalore. Which travels is good now a days for punctuality? In Redbus, operator names are not familiar except Intrcity smart bus. Pre COVID, used to like Evacay and Asian express.

Do we have any electric buses yet on this route for day journey just to try out?
Old 9th December 2023, 13:04   #4113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Travelling to Chennai from Bangalore. Which travels is good now a days for punctuality? In Redbus, operator names are not familiar except Intrcity smart bus. Pre COVID, used to like Evacay and Asian express.

Do we have any electric buses yet on this route for day journey just to try out?
Usually KSRTC is very good in terms of timings. Use can find the buses on this website. If you want sleepers, choose Ambaari Dream Class or Ambaari Utsav and if you're okay with the semi-sleepers/seaters, take any of the Airavats.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 18:53   #4114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post

Nuego has electric buses. I've seen their Chennai Puducherry service arrive in Thiruvanmiyur at the same time almost every day.

No reviews on their BLR/CHN service though.

Nuego
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 10:55   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Usually KSRTC is very good in terms of timings. Use can find the buses on this website. If you want sleepers, choose Ambaari Dream Class or Ambaari Utsav and if you're okay with the semi-sleepers/seaters, take any of the Airavats.
Thanks. I used KSRTC extensively in the past but this time I have to go directly to South end of OMR which rules it out. I tried YBM sleeper and it worked okay. Boarded 11 PM in Electronic city and reached Siruseri by 5 AM on time and bus condition is okay. And good thing they didn't stopped for some tea break in between and forced everyone to wake up for a break by switching on the lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Nuego has electric buses. I've seen their Chennai Puducherry service arrive in Thiruvanmiyur at the same time almost every day.

No reviews on their BLR/CHN service though.

Nuego
Thanks. I saw a Neugo in EC and it seems they have services between Chennai and Bangalore. Next time will try out in day time
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 11:39   #4116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
KSRTC shows this option between Bangalore and murdeshwar. Anyone knows what bus this is? I searched online but I'm not finding any information about this.
I believe it is this Tata 13.5m Prototype bus. Found a picture on Facebook by him.

Intercity Bus travel reviews-proto.jpg
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 10:46   #4117
Distinguished - BHPian

VRL has been replacing their buses. Their new Super Bus series and the Magna series are good.

On another note, even KSRTC"s Pallakki buses for travel within Karnataka have good feedback. The driver even calls the passenger at the pick-up points if the passenger is not there when the bus arrives.
Old 13th May 2024, 08:45   #4118
Senior - BHPian

We should ideally wait till the end of the journey and then post a review. When one starts typing on TBhp in the middle of the trip, it could either be because he has really good things to say or is about to start a rant!

Midway through my travel from Chikkamagaluru to Bengaluru by KSRTC Power Plus bus, I am cursing myself to no end for choosing this mode of transport.

CONS:
  1. Delay of ten minutes at the starting point.
  2. Took one hour forty five minutes to cross Hassan - a distance of barely 60 kilometres.
  3. Though it sometimes reaches the upper 90s, average speed even on NH 75 post Hassan is around 75kmph.
  4. The legroom, specially with a reclined seatback in the front, is abysmal. My knees kept brushing the hard plastic back.
  5. The seat width is visibly lesser than in the regular Volvos. Two decently built adults side by side is a sad squeeze.
  6. Most importantly, or should i say, disappointingly, the bus seems to have mistaken the world Power and is using it in all the wrong places. The constant vibrations are reminiscent of the old ramshackle buses that we used to ride in during our childhood. Add to that the inadequate suspension damping - even minor road imperfections and small rumble strips disorient the bus and in turn are clearly felt by the passengers. It is like travelling in/on a non linear, unsynchronised vibrator.
  7. The bus is noisy: the whoosh of the electric motor, the racketeering AC and the unsettled suspension are a clear recipe for a disturbing few hours.
PROS:
  1. Costs lesser than a regular Airavat Club class.
  2. The seats, though narrow and tightly spaced, have adequate amount of cushioning, contours and support. The recess for headrest could have been better.
  3. Supposedly more environment friendly than the ICE powered alternative.
  4. Stops for breakfast at Pakashala. Decent hotel, clean washrooms and some sights!

Intercity Bus travel reviews-img20240513075742.jpg
Front

Intercity Bus travel reviews-img20240513075811.jpg
Back

Intercity Bus travel reviews-img20240513080841.jpg
Side profile

Intercity Bus travel reviews-screenshot_2024051308153305_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
The clock running six minutes behind

Intercity Bus travel reviews-img20240513080911.jpg
The cockpit

Intercity Bus travel reviews-img20240513075757.jpg
Sadly, no elevated experience for me

Intercity Bus travel reviews-img_20240513_054558.jpg
Inadequate legroom

Intercity Bus travel reviews-img20240513080803.jpg
Intercity Bus travel reviews-img20240513080745_01.jpg
The midway break(fast)point

Intercity Bus travel reviews-img_20240513_081501.jpg
Speed
dailydriver is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 10:28   #4119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post

Midway through my travel from Chikkamagaluru to Bengaluru by KSRTC Power Plus bus, I am cursing myself to no end for choosing this mode of transport.
You are not alone!

I had been to Mysore on Saturday and on the return I had to take this Olectra EV for the very first time as there was no other service available at that time and I was running late.

Like you rightly mentioned the speed limit is 80kmph, absolutely no leg room and when two well built adult sit on the seat it is a jugalbandi only!

After sometime the electric whoosh sound becomes so irritating and the suspension was also OK OK

Nothing to praise and of course it is not something I will repeat!
Oppanna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 15:30   #4120
Senior - BHPian

It is very surprising that the EV bus fares worse than the ICE multi axle (Volvo) in refinement and comfort. I felt the same especially when the clicking and hissing noises in the rear most row of the Power Plus was comparable to the rear engined ICE.
Even the ride was nowhere as cosseting as the air sprung Volvos
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 12:54   #4121
BHPian

My Mumbai-Pune runs were done courtesy of Shivneris; They were very comfortable. Ever since they started the e-shivneri service, I always pray for a Volvo or a Scania to show up at the bus stop. While these new buses are in a much better condition with fresh interiors and charging points everywhere, the ride quality of the bus leaves a lot to be desired. The effects are exacerbated with the inherent silence of an EV and subpar fit and finish, causing a lot of creaking noises. I shall keep waiting for Volvo EV buses to eventually replace Olectra!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks