Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2017, 16:10   #3781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
Kesineni travels permanently stops its operations from yesterday.
http://m.greatandhra.com/politics/go...sed-81132.html
There's some fun stories behind this.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le17755772.ece

He is a sitting MP from Vijayawada, and along with a local MLA named Bonda Umamaheshwara Rao, threatened the transport commissioner.

Something about registering a bunch of buses in Arunachal Pradesh that operate mostly in South India, lengthening the chassis without approval to fit in some more passengers etc that put him at loggerheads with the transport commissioner.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 06:38   #3782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Something about registering a bunch of buses in Arunachal Pradesh that operate mostly in South India, lengthening the chassis without approval to fit in some more passengers etc that put him at loggerheads with the transport commissioner.
It is a purely personal perspective, but going through your lines, I had an impression that it was the MP who was guilty of those malpractices . Hence, I am quoting some relevant lines from the report in The Hindu.

Quote:
The MP has been at loggerheads with the officials demanding action against the errant private travels. Mr. Nani and Vijayawada (Central) MLA Bonda Umamaheswara Rao were pulled up by the Chief Minister following their apparent rude behaviour with Transport Commissioner N. Balasubrahmanyam. Subsequently, they apologised to the Transport Commissioner.

“The MP was keen on bringing to the notice the Chief Minister the unfair practices followed by the Transport Department,...

Sources said several private buses plying on the roads of Andhra Pradesh were registered in places as far as Arunachal Pradesh. “The MP wanted action against such transport operators. Many operators were also modifying the size of the bus by increasing the length of the chassis to accommodate more people. This is dangerous for the passengers as it will have an impact on the balance leading to accidents”.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 07:02   #3783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
It is a purely personal perspective, but going through your lines, I had an impression that it was the MP who was guilty of those malpractices . Hence, I am quoting some relevant lines from the report in The Hindu.
Ha ha, so he's saying "so what if I am doing all this, why are you catching me instead of catching those other guys".

If someone gets hauled up for anything illegal (never mind whether it is bending regulations by registering vehicles in a cheap tax location, or theft, or starting a riot or whatever), he has still committed that offence and is liable to be punished for it, regardless of crying out "what about [someone else] [some other such incident] etc etc".

Becoming an MP doesn't confer any such immunity, even though that seems to be taken as the normal situation here in India.

Why was he being hauled up by the transport commissioner anyway? Further he seems to be trying to force other travel companies such as orange out of the market based on business and/or political rivalries. http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...d-him-4588937/
http://www.financialexpress.com/indi...logise/603247/

Last edited by hserus : 10th April 2017 at 07:08.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 08:26   #3784
Senior - BHPian

Anybody has taken early morning bus from Chennai to bangalore. Any suggestions on the operators to choose. Any reviews would be helpful. Specially looking to reach Bangalore on time according to the operators schedule.
Old 10th April 2017, 09:04   #3785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Anybody has taken early morning bus from Chennai to bangalore. Any suggestions on the operators to choose. Any reviews would be helpful. Specially looking to reach Bangalore on time according to the operators schedule.
KSRTC Airavat is the best choice. Starts on time, doesn't overspeed, finishes on time. They don't take unscheduled stops to pick up extra passengers or luggage and then overspeed to try and make up. Buses in good condition too.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 19:20   #3786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've traveled from Bangalore to Chennai. Hebron is the best among the morning choices, followed by AsianXpress and Parveen.

Quote:
KSRTC Airavat is the best choice. Starts on time, doesn't overspeed, finishes on time. They don't take unscheduled stops to pick up extra passengers or luggage and then overspeed to try and make up. Buses in good condition too.
Not really. Most buses are old. They do waste a lot of time trying to pick passengers and almost never reaches at the scheduled time. The only advantage is they don't overspeed - but then they lug their engines in 6th gear at 75kmph, making for an itchy ride if you are anywhere near the rear rows. Plus, they are most often the most expensive option, especially on a weekday.
binaiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 19:28   #3787
Senior - BHPian

I always sit as close to the driver as I can or in the first 10 rows at least, so I have not had that itchy experience you speak of. Old vehicles but in quite decent condition and no bugs etc.

For the private operators, there's Orange for example, where the driver of one of their Mercs on the early morning bangalore - chennai run was pushing 120+ and cutting S curves like a drunk teenager, some months back.

For my personal safety's sake I tend to stick to KSRTC. The multiaxle Airavats tend not to waste time waiting too long for passengers, and also send SMS alerts with the driver's number so pickups work out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
I've traveled from Bangalore to Chennai. Hebron is the best among the morning choices, followed by AsianXpress and Parveen.

Not really. Most buses are old. They do waste a lot of time trying to pick passengers and almost never reaches at the scheduled time. The only advantage is they don't overspeed - but then they lug their engines in 6th gear at 75kmph, making for an itchy ride if you are anywhere near the rear rows. Plus, they are most often the most expensive option, especially on a weekday.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 19:37   #3788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For my personal safety's sake I tend to stick to KSRTC. The multiaxle Airavats tend not to waste time waiting too long for passengers, and also send SMS alerts with the driver's number so pickups work out fine.

Its a personal choice. With buses that run at 80kmph, KSRTC seems to be having more accidents that private operators who, according to you, "zig-zag at hgih speeds". I am not sure of Orange, but I've been on Hebron, asianXpress and Parveen - can vouch for them.
Old 12th April 2017, 19:48   #3789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hebron, Parveen stick to the time as much as possible. Asian Xpress don't run the morning service on certain days.

Hebron has multiple services one after the other, so in any case, one bus will start from Chennai that morning Parveen has only the Scania which operates in the morning. But they are pretty much on the dot most days and easily the most professional on the route.

Think you should be good with the Hebron. Only disadvantage is that boarding is only at Koyambedu Hebron office.

Hebron Multi Axle Buses (Scania and Volvo) are new. The single axle service is a 9100 one which is pretty old I think.

KSRTC was a choice for me earlier but this season they are priced higher than most private operators and their buses are old. Not to mention they are slower than most of the private services. 6 hours is the standard these days and most KSRTC don't do that.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 12th April 2017 at 19:49.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 07:36   #3790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Hebron, Parveen stick to the time as much as possible. Asian Xpress don't run the morning service on certain days.

Hebron has multiple services one after the other, so in any case, one bus will start from Chennai that morning Parveen has only the Scania which operates in the morning. But they are pretty much on the dot most days and easily the most professional on the route.
Parveen runs their Bangalore Scania service down the OMR right, I saw some ad advertising stops at OMR, thiruvanmiyur etc etc. Or is that some van they use as a feeder service to connect to koyambedu or kathipara?
Old 13th April 2017, 11:14   #3791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Parveen runs their Bangalore Scania service down the OMR right, I saw some ad advertising stops at OMR, thiruvanmiyur etc etc. Or is that some van they use as a feeder service to connect to koyambedu or kathipara?
The Scania never comes inside the city. They run an AC bus or van depending on the load to cover those areas.

There is a Mercedes service at night which runs through the town at night starting from Adyar and using the OMR, Tambaram to reach Kanchipuram via Vandalur, Oragadam route.
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 11:17   #3792
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha, so he's saying "so what if I am doing all this, why are you catching me instead of catching those other guys".
[/url]
Not sure if you are really understanding what is written in the papers, or not aware of the background.

Kesineni does not have any AR/NL registered sleeper buses unlike other players in the market. Kesineni were one of the pioneers in sleeper buses in South India, but have been forced out of business by newer players like Orange, Komitla, Kaveri and even Kallada who have now expanded their operations in Hyderabad. All of these new operators are using the AR/NL route to register sleeper buses to circumvent the rules, but exclusively plying in South India. Whilst his intention was definitely to outsmart his competition and his handling of the situation deplorable, there is no doubt that he is calling a spade, a spade. If the RTO / Govt decides to clamp down these illegal North East registered buses, then a lot of players are in trouble. Also read a recent report that Telengana Govt is seeking an explanation on Arunachal RTA inspectors coming down to Hyderabad to inspect buses and getting them registered. We will wait to see how this moves forward.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th May 2017 at 14:27. Reason: Repeated content deleted
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:32   #3793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I always sit as close to the driver as I can or in the first 10 rows at least, so I have not had that itchy experience you speak of. Old vehicles but in quite decent condition and no bugs etc.

For the private operators, there's Orange for example, where the driver of one of their Mercs on the early morning bangalore - chennai run was pushing 120+ and cutting S curves like a drunk teenager, some months back.

How come KPN is not being favored. I suppose their buses are in a good condition.
Old 17th April 2017, 15:10   #3794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
How come KPN is not being favored. I suppose their buses are in a good condition.

There is a total of 4 services in KPN. Down from over 8 in the last year. One in the afternoon and the rest at night. Buses are pretty old as well in this route.

But they are coming back with new Volvos and Scanias (white with blue strip color scheme like their old livery).

Took the the Scania service for Bangalore - Coimbatore trip and was pretty satisfied. Will write a review on it soon. New Volvo 2+1 sleeper coaches are also being introduced.

Told Parveen was very professional in my last post, they ruined that claimed. Driver slept while driving last night. I was awake till Krishnagiri to ensure we didn't sleep 'forever'

More details in next post of mine.
Old 17th April 2017, 16:14   #3795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Told Parveen was very professional in my last post, they ruined that claimed. Driver slept while driving last night. I was awake till Krishnagiri to ensure we didn't sleep 'forever'

More details in next post of mine.
For the night services from Bangalore to Chennai, do the operators have 2 drivers. I suppose they have 1 driver for the daytime service due to the distance being less than 500 kms.

Most Viewed