Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2014, 23:29   #3421
BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Dhanunjaya , Sindhu travels shut shop. Diwakar, Naveen stopped hyd - bang service. Any trend that you see ? Did the inter state taxes increase ?
Previously they had to pay only one inter-state tax (Between Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka). But now, after bifurcation, they will need to pay two taxes as they need to pass through three states(Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka). That may be the reason why few operators have stopped Hyderabad - Bangalore services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Technically Diwakar did not stop. The buses were taken over by Yatra Genie (Komitla).
Diwakar travels had leased some of their buses to Jabbar and other travel operators. Remember the Volvo which was gutted in fire near Mahboobnagar which killed 45 passengers? It belonged to Diwakar travels, but leased to Jabbar.
Old 3rd October 2014, 23:37   #3422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Previously they had to pay only one inter-state tax (Between Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka). But now, after bifurcation, they will need to pay two taxes as they need to pass through three states(Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka). That may be the reason why few operators have stopped Hyderabad - Bangalore services.
Sindhu stopped long long back before the Telegana was anywhere near birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Diwakar travels had leased some of their buses to Jabbar and other travel operators. Remember the Volvo which was gutted in fire near Mahboobnagar which killed 45 passengers? It belonged to Diwakar travels, but leased to Jabbar.
This is not a lease agreement.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 23:55   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Sindhu stopped long long back before the Telegana was anywhere near birth..
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant few operators and not one or two operators in particular.

Quote:
This is not a lease agreement.
Did not get what you wanted to say here. Did Yatra Genie take over Diwakar travels completely?
Old 14th October 2014, 15:46   #3424
BHPian

On 12th night I traveled from Trichy (Srirangam) to Chennai by RPN travels. That day RPN travels had 4 buses ( 2 a/c + 2 non a/c) between 10.45 pm and 11.15 pm from Srirangam and all the buses were full. I was on the A/C service (AL bus) which stared at 11.20 pm and reached Kathipara at 4.30 am. The bus was was in very good condition and the seats were very comfortable. The ride was as good as a Volvo. In fact I slept so well that woke up only when we reached Tambaram. I was told that bus had 10 min halt midway but I slept through.
Old 15th October 2014, 12:16   #3425
Senior - BHPian

KSRTC revamps its Booking Website

The Kerala SRTC has, after eons, upgraded its online booking website:

http://www.keralartc.in/KERALAOnline/#

First impressions:
- On par with other STCs and private operators' sites
- Only Volvo services are listed as of now, hopefully all services will be available in the coming days
- More fare stages added, so tickets between stages can be also be booked at the prevailing fares (plus booking fees), for example, between Alappuzha and Thrissur on the 1515 TVM-BLR Volvo service.
- Colour combination is easy on the eyes, but I wish the website considers readability also into account, for text boxes
- Tickets can be booked without registering, as a guest user - a good option
- Offers the ticket to be sent by email and SMS - didn't try them, so I can't comment.

The conductors do accept tickets shown on mobile phones these days, I hope M-ticket/SMS-ticket is standardised, like in KaSRTC

I wish they implement frequent traveller schemes and discount schemes for round trips, bulk-bookings etc.
Old 15th October 2014, 13:43   #3426
BHPian

Re: KSRTC revamps its Booking Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The Kerala SRTC has, after eons, upgraded its online booking website:
Looks very good indeed. Tried logging in with my old KeSRTC account, but failed. Had to register again with the same email id. But that wouldn't be a problem since tickets can be booked as guest user. Moreover the process is very easy and quick.

I was hoping that they would update the pick up timings at boarding points other than the origin. I had traveled in 1845BNGKTM service a few times now, the most recent being last Friday. The bus starts from Mysore road satellite bus stand at 6:45 PM. I board the bus from Electronic City where the pick up time is mentioned as 7:10 PM . Knowing that the bus wouldn't reach E.city by that time, I reached the bus stop only at 7:40 PM. Still I had to wait for more than one hour for the bus to arrive. A month back I had written to KeSRTC requesting them to update the pick up timing to more feasible ones. Immediately received an auto-generated reply saying that action is being initiated. Planning to write to them again.
Old 15th October 2014, 21:31   #3427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardanto View Post
I was hoping that they would update the pick up timings at boarding points other than the origin. I had traveled in 1845BNGKTM service a few times now, the most recent being last Friday. The bus starts from Mysore road satellite bus stand at 6:45 PM. I board the bus from Electronic City where the pick up time is mentioned as 7:10 PM . Knowing that the bus wouldn't reach E.city by that time, I reached the bus stop only at 7:40 PM. Still I had to wait for more than one hour for the bus to arrive. A month back I had written to KeSRTC requesting them to update the pick up timing to more feasible ones. Immediately received an auto-generated reply saying that action is being initiated. Planning to write to them again.
There is a reason for keeping such timings. On Sundays and Holidays, these buses often pass Madiwala in under 30 minutes from Mysore Road Satellite BS (especially the buses which leave later in the night). If they keep very relaxed timings, the buses would have to wait at each pick-up point till the scheduled time - that could cause more trouble.

So every operator keeps such short timings so that the bus doesn't have to wait. Its normal - pls refer to the timings displayed by KaSRTC - they claim their buses reach Madiwala in 10 minutes from Shantinagar - they never ever depart on time from Shantinagar itself.
Old 16th October 2014, 10:10   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
There is a reason for keeping such timings. On Sundays and Holidays, these buses often pass Madiwala in under 30 minutes from Mysore Road Satellite BS
I had definitely thought about this possibility, but felt 25 minutes from Satellite bus stand to E.city is too optimistic. Checked KaSRTC bus timings and yes, they too have specified less than 30 minutes from Shanthi nagar to E.city on some of the services depending on the departure time from origin. So I think I can't complain much about KeSRTC pickup timings. Anyway the entire journey experience after I boarded the bus was impressive. The bus was neat and good looking. The blanket and water were already in place and the bus had all safety hammers at prescribed spots. Seat belts for every passenger seats were a welcome addition. The driving was tidy, no sudden breaking, no jerks. I could sleep peacefully all night. They dropped me at Thrissur bus stand at 5:30 AM. I would definitely prefer this service over the KaSRTC Airavat club class services to Thrissur.
Old 16th October 2014, 15:42   #3429
BHPian

Journey: Pune - Nagpur
Operator: VRL Multi Service.
Scheduled Departure: 8.15 PM (From Nigdi bus stand)
Actual Departure: 8.14 PM
Scheduled Arrival: 8.45 AM Dharampeth
Actual Arrival: 8.35 AM @ Dharampeth.
Bus No: MH04 G 8814 ( Have traveled almost 10 times in this particular bus,and with the same crew)
Crew: Mr Pawan Sharma and Mr Sawant.

As planned earlier, I had a business tour planned right after dassera. My tour would take me to eastern India. I personally don’t like to travel in a train for more than 2 nights. So what do I do?
Break the journey into two parts. 1st part up-to Nagpur by bus and further by train / Plane. I ended up using all the modes of transport including the waterways on this tour.
I searched up for trusted VRL website to find all the five services empty. I booked my ticket into he 8PM service. I got to know about my bus on my cellphone. It was going to be the MH 04 G8817 no bus. At the last moment I received a SMS telling me about the change in bus no.
It was going to be my trusted MH 04 G8814. I was sure about the awesome ride. I was told that the 8817 bus had not finished its repair works.. I was not complaining.
I reached quiet exited at my boarding point well in advance. I knew that 8814 will be well before time. I was right, I was greeted and welcomed into the coach by ever smiling Pawan ji and Sawant Ji.
We had en-route pickups lined. After Sangamwadi, we encountered a heavy traffic snarl due to some Navratri Procession. Last pickup was done at 10.00 PM at Kharadi By-pass.
We reached Hotel Shivar Garden at Ranjangaon for dinner @ 10.35 PM. I had a great dinner and in no time we were ready to resume our journey.
I knew I was in for a thrilling ride with Mr Sawant at the helm. We left the hotel sharp at 11.05 PM. In no time we were cruising at 100kmph.
Now just look at the timings.... Just awesome awesome timings by VRL.

Ahmednagar @ at 12.10 AM.
Aurangbad @ 1.30 AM
Jalna By-Pass @ 2.25 AM
Sultanpur @ 3.20 AM

A small bio break was taken and now Mr Pawan was at the wheels.
Let me tell you something about Mr Pawan, He is convent educated and Dubai+Qatar returned fellow, with experience of driving MAN, Neoplan and Mercedes coaches. Very very descent and sober guy. He has awesome control over the vehicle. Can you believe that we always have a fluent (and grammatically correct) conversation in English.

We had a rough ride till Shelubazar due to very bad roads. Further timings are as follows.

Somewhere before Shelubazar : @ 4.45 AM
I decided to sleep after this, I thought that we would be reaching Amravati around 7 AM.
I was wrong, I heard Mr. Pawan call for Amravati Passengers at 6.20 AM Sharp.
We started @ 6.30 AM. We finally made our way into VRL Diesel Pump at 8.15 Sharp. This is indeed a very superb timing.
I was dropped @ Dharampeth at 8.35 AM sharp.

Bus had covered more than 8 lakh km and was in top condition.
Overall I rate this service a superb 5 Stars.

Kudos to these guys for such super super timings.

Cheers,
AB
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 15:52   #3430
BHPian

I travelled in HKB travels from Bangalore to Hydaarbad on 26 October (Sunday- long Diwali weekend)

Positives:
1) Sedate driving-no zig zag driving, no sudden acceleration, no sudden braking, no honking
2) Punctuality at the boarding/dropping points
3) Good announcements by the driver on mike
4) Water bottle, Hide and seek, Lays Chips packet ( Of course I dont eat that American onion flavor :-) )
5) Clean blankets

Negatives:
1) Halt at a shabby ladies toliet enroute
2) The luggage is marked by a chalk-piece. They can put a tag with a counterfoil to the passenger. I think VRL and/or Kesineni does this.
3) Bright night lamps (Its a subjective thing. But I like pitch dark )
4) No curtains for some windows.
5) The drop points like Kondapur , Gachibowli is not clear. They say based on the reaching time !!??
Does someone know what is it??
Old 27th October 2014, 17:08   #3431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
I travelled in HKB travels from Bangalore to Hydaarbad on 26 October (Sunday- long Diwali weekend)

Positives:
1) Sedate driving-no zig zag driving, no sudden acceleration, no sudden braking, no honking
2) Punctuality at the boarding/dropping points
3) Good announcements by the driver on mike
4) Water bottle, Hide and seek, Lays Chips packet ( Of course I dont eat that American onion flavor :-) )
5) Clean blankets

Negatives:
1) Halt at a shabby ladies toliet enroute
2) The luggage is marked by a chalk-piece. They can put a tag with a counterfoil to the passenger. I think VRL and/or Kesineni does this.
3) Bright night lamps (Its a subjective thing. But I like pitch dark )
4) No curtains for some windows.
5) The drop points like Kondapur , Gachibowli is not clear. They say based on the reaching time !!??
Does someone know what is it??
I was a regular with HKB on Hyd-Blr route. Tried VRL and Kesineni once but quickly went back to HKB for all the positives you mentioned plus the pickup/drop points suited me for both Blr and Hyd.

AFA drop @ Hyd is concerned, usually the last stop is Kondapur T-point, from there they take a U-turn and turn back towards Hafeezpet. I used to get down there and a take rickshaw to my place in Gachibowli. Don't remember the exact time now, but used to be around 7 am for a bus starting at 8:30 pm from Kormangala.

At one time, I even got down at Miyapur as the bus was headed in a different direction, for service apparently. I always found the staff to be very courteous and well behaved.
Old 28th October 2014, 18:52   #3432
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody tell me where in Kozhikode is KaSRTC 's pickup/departure point for Airawat Club class services? Ticket mentions Kozhikode bustand, but its not clear whether it is KSRTC bustand or moffusil stand.
Old 28th October 2014, 19:36   #3433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Can anybody tell me where in Kozhikode is KaSRTC 's pickup/departure point for Airawat Club class services? Ticket mentions Kozhikode bustand, but its not clear whether it is KSRTC bustand or moffusil stand.
It used to be KSRTC stand 2 years back. But I also remember boarding a bus from Mofussil Bus Stand once.
Old 29th October 2014, 21:48   #3434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The 'new' Mofussil stand on Mavoor road. KSRTC stand is closed, and a new building has come-up there. The stand would re-open only in January.
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:47   #3435
BHPian

Any review on the Aeon Connect Scania ? I want to do Hyd-Thrissur on Nov 6th. I have used Kallada a few times already, so looking a change plus a first hand experience of the Scania.

I checked Aeon's webpage to find most seats are empty as of now. The only thing that worries me about these single vehicle operators is that they might not be in a position to offer replacements in case of a breakdown/or cancellations when booking is low. I have seen in person how Kallada merges its routes on days when occupancy is low.

Also had a bad experience with Kesineni when their B11R had some issues and they rebooked us onto the Coimbatore Volvo, not even offering a connection bus to Ekm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks