Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 12:21   #3241
Senior - BHPian

Spotted Aeon Connect Scania bus in Ernakulam today. I think its Ernakulam-Hyderabad service. Any further info about this operator?
Old 14th April 2014, 13:05   #3242
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I've travelled in the Globus mobile freezer rattletraps only a few times. Those seats were never comfortable. Do you have any idea what happened to the seats in the decommissioned Super Deluxe buses? Those seats were far better.
Interestingly, both the Globus and the old Deluxes were the same model. Both of them used Harita Crystal seats. Some seats from the old deluxes made their way to the new Deluxes after refurbishing, while some more old seats are resting at Central works. Not sure if they will be refurbished or they'll use it for some other purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Spotted Aeon Connect Scania bus in Ernakulam today. I think its Ernakulam-Hyderabad service. Any further info about this operator?
Its a new operator - started by Aeon Builders. They've not yet starting operating.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 18:56   #3243
Senior - BHPian

Saw the two Aeon connect Scania buses(White color) in EVM's pump near Vyttila. checked their website and they claims buses have hostess and stewards?
http://www.aeonconnect.in/features/
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 14:32   #3244
BHPian

Completed a round trip from Bangalore to Tuticorin over the weekend

Onward: 17 Apr 2014: SRM Transports AC Sleeper from Madiwala @ 830 PM

The bus which was supposed to reach Madiwala by 820 PM was delayed for no reason and eventually reached Madiwala by 9 PM. Most of us boarded here and the bus departed by 910-915 PM. Took the elevated road and stopped at Hosur to pick up a few more pax. Stopped at Hotel Saravana Bhavan around 1130 PM for dinner. Bus was driven by 2 middle aged drivers in a sedate fashion. Speed was ~85-90 kmph on most parts of the GQ in Tamil Nadu. Some pax alighted in Madurai and we were dropped in Tuticorin around 715 AM. Comfortable ride, AC was maintained at ~22-23 degrees. The bus was a Prakash built Ashok Leyland one; was showing some signs of ageing with some AC vents and baggage racks broken. But no major rattles or squeaks.

Return: 20 Apr 2014: KPN Travels Volvo Multi Axle Semi Sleeper from Tuticorin @ 900 PM

Reached the KPN office by 830 and saw a Mercedes Benz Multi Axle Semi Sleeper parked there. Was informed that was the bus to Bangalore, not sure if KPN uses Mercs interchangeably or whether this was a one off. The bus had some 750,000 kms on the odo and was ageing. Curtains were dirty and half torn, several AC vents were broken and the engine noise was quite loud. Lot of squeaks from the suspension over uneven roads. Bus started ~20 mins late and was full from Tuticorin itself. As soon as we got outside Tuticorin, the bus stopped at Hotel Pandiyan for 20-30 mins for dinner. Given that the bus spent ~half an hour at Tuticorin itself, why cant the crew use that duration for food instead of wasting half an hour !

Anyways the bus crossed Madurai by 1130 PM, Salem by 3 AM and reached Silk Board by 7 AM. Faced some traffic at toll plazas and on the Krishnagiri - Hosur stretch leading to the delay. Driving style appeared decent and could grab decent sleep. AC was comfortable at 22 degrees throughout and engine was not switched off during the dinner break (I recollect KaSRTC, VRL, SRS etc switching off the engine and locking the doors during breaks). One grudge was excessive usage of the horn for overtaking.

Here's the glaring part - the bus was driven the full stretch from Tuticorin to Blr by a single driver. No second driver or cleaner till Salem, post which someone from KPN occupied the cleaners seat. However, all the chores of a cleaner / second driver was done by the primary driver itself, such as opening the boot to unload luggage or blanket distribution. This is a serious safety issue if a solo driver routinely does 500 kms without a break and without any assistance. Any regulars on this bus - please comment if this is normal practice by KPN for this sector.
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 17:04   #3245
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VRL vs Neeta Bus for Mumbai -> Bangalore?

Has anybody travelled BLR-Bombay by bus recently ?

VRL / SRS / Others ?
Old 21st April 2014, 17:14   #3246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

VRL / SRS / Others ?
Many of my relatives have been quite regular on SRS and VRL for their Ahmedabad bound services.

A month before, my father traveled to Baroda in SRS Volvo and was telling me how horrible these drivers are who indulge in speeding (as if we don't know) to manage with the timings.

Again, sometime in January, I was behind a SRS Volvo from Ahmedabad Expressway (NE1) all the way till Surat and was wondering how badly the bus was passing through the gaps on the 6 lane highway and cutting across traffic.

Overall, the bus was clean, stoppages were limited and places they (SRS) stopped for breaks were good as well.

If its just Pune/Mumbai, I will vouch for KSRTC any day - They are any day safer and as per reports, I wish they extend their services to Ahmedabad/Jodhpur etc.
Old 21st April 2014, 17:18   #3247
Senior - BHPian

Travelled on the Chennai-Bangalore-Chennai sector a couple of times recently. Booked online through Parveen travels for the Merc multi-axle. The buses were in decent nick and the journey was relaxed. Single driver with one helper boy, and not exceeding 80kmph.

Couple of points noted :
  • The bus was KL registered (same bus on both occasions). On enquiring with the driver , was told that it used to run in the Chennai-Trivandrum route earlier.
  • Odo reading - almost 10 lakh kms. The bus did not show its age...the engine sound was quite normal, the suspension was good, the seats were in good condition, and the interiors looked quite good too.
  • So, looks like the bus has been used well in the long-haul routes during its prime, and now does relaxed duty on the short-haul CHN-BLR-CHN route.
  • On a side-note, got to know that the King Long buses are now used in local charter trips.
  • Did not know earlier that the boarding point at Koyambedu for Parveen travels also has shifted outside the main Omnibus terminus. It is not well-lit, and I found it difficult to locate it , on the same side as SRS tavels office(which is so well-lit that you cant miss it).
Old 21st April 2014, 17:36   #3248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

VRL / SRS / Others ?
Yes around 2 weeks back, went to Bangalore by VRL Multi axle seater. The fare was Rs 1200, while getting back thought of trying the VRL Multi Axle Sleeper. Fare that time was Rs 1800.

Both the times, the bus was on time, driven decently and had courteous staff.
Old 21st April 2014, 17:53   #3249
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, guys.

Havent travelled BLR-BOM in many years now. Recent bus travel has been limited to Karnataka, where SRS with it's newer buses has been preferred.

From the above posts, it looks like VRL maintains it's best for inter-state, extra long routes.
Old 21st April 2014, 19:22   #3250
Senior - BHPian

SRS expanding its business very fast and they already entered VRL and KPN's territory. My experience with SRS was better than VRL/KPN except for their Ernakulam/Trivandum Volvo.

I used their Bombay service twice in 2012 IIRC and both times it was on time.
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:43   #3251
BHPian

I would always prefer VRL over Neeta. Some reasons being ::

1. Courteous VRL staff. They also have an SMS facility about your bookings.
2. Buses are very well maintained.
3. Have travelled VRL to Mangalore and never found them doing rash driving even on the NH-17 which is in itself a death-way rather than a highway.

You can even try out SRS buses, have heard positive reviews about them from a cousin who uses their service from Bangalore to Gujarat

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:17   #3252
Distinguished - BHPian

VRL anyday on this route. Other option would be KaSRTC club class
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:23   #3253
Senior - BHPian

Earlier in November I availed the services of VRL for Bombay - Hospet - Bombay and found them to be great.
Old 22nd April 2014, 12:04   #3254
BHPian

Any idea friends what time the service APSRTC Garuda 5019 that leaves Chennai CMBT at 6.30 PM reaches Hyderabad MGBS? Basically i need to be in Hyderabad early by 6.30 am or so. I am not sure any other service such as Kesineni or Kaveri will reach that early. Any other pointers are welcome.
Old 22nd April 2014, 17:47   #3255
BHPian

VRL has two or sometimes three drivers for each of its journeys . Drivers are not allowed to drive continuously, each driver switches after a distance of 250-300 Kms and there are inspectors from VRL who check for any sort of malpractice committed by the bus drivers . I am not sure if this is the standard protocol followed in other companies . I think this is a good decision .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks