Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 21:17   #2926
BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

I am also a big fan of VRL, having first travelled with them more than 15 years back. They had their check points even at that time. Their reservation systems and IT systems are too good and they don't have to depend on sponsored reviews on internet forums to push their image. Yes their services within Karnataka and on the Bangalore Mumbai route may have the best reliability as they are strongest on these routes. If they ever start to Kerala from Bangalore then they will give many operators like the 2 Kallada's KPN , Shama, Sharma etc a run for their money.
Old 5th September 2013, 21:44   #2927
Distinguished - BHPian

Agreed . I have been a regular on VRL since they 17 years. Those were the days when they were operating within Karnataka especially from Bangalore to north Karnataka. Their service was good even then. They used to mainly operate Ashok Leyland busses with semi sleeper configuration.

Now they have expanded rapidly into other states. I once had an opportunity to take a tour of their workshop on Mysore road and I was amazed by the equipment level .

Only one grouse is they write 'Vijayananda' on the front windshield of their buses registered in other state in the regional language. But for buses registered in Karnataka , usually theirs busses are registered in Hubli passing, they write it in English. Dunno why.
Old 5th September 2013, 21:47   #2928
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
Yes their services within Karnataka and on the Bangalore Mumbai route may have the best reliability as they are strongest on these routes. If they ever start to Kerala from Bangalore then they will give many operators like the 2 Kallada's KPN , Shama, Sharma etc a run for their money.
These guys even if they concentrate in the AP state then Kesineni would also struggle for its income.

The Kesineni travels are enjoying a happy time as Orange, Jabbar, Omer are on average compared to Kesineni who is the leader here.

VRL is a under-stated operator that does its job silently and neatly without heavy publicity and stunts to gain market share. These guys have their loyal customers (like you and I ) who choose it first. This is what is Brand loyalty and kudos to VRL for this.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:24   #2929
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Only one grouse is they write 'Vijayananda' on the front wind shield of their buses registered in other state in the regional language. But for buses registered in Karnataka , usually theirs buses are registered in Hubli passing, they write it in English. Dunno why.
I have not seen this in their buses till date buddy! Do you have any pictures of them?

They write 'VIJAYANAND' on the windshield and just below the wipers they write 'ANAND'. NO regional language I have seen.

Anurag.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:54   #2930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have not seen this in their buses till date buddy! Do you have any pictures of them?

They write 'VIJAYANAND' on the windshield and just below the wipers they write 'ANAND'. NO regional language I have seen.

Anurag.
For Andhra registered buses, they have it in Telugu.
Old 7th September 2013, 09:57   #2931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anurag.
Here is one for you:
Intercity Bus travel reviews-img_8534.jpg

They have some 12-14 such buses, and all of them are iShifts.
Old 7th September 2013, 12:33   #2932
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Binaiks for the pic, thats exactly what i meant.

They write it in telugu , tamil, english but not in kannada(even on KA registered busses) . Dunno why . If you have some pics of the busses with kannada font then please post.

And as someone said before, i love the simple livery of these VRL busses! Plain white without any gaudy graphics looks so classy!

Have not had a chance to travel in any of the Volvo multi-axle's till now of any operator! Just admire them from the outside
Old 7th September 2013, 16:42   #2933
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Here is one for you:

They have some 12-14 such buses, and all of them are iShifts.
Thanks for the picture buddy but this is the first time I am seeing such a bus with VIJAYANAND written in regional language. I always find buses only written in English. Will keep my eyes open from next time to see if I can spot any such buses.

Quote:
And as someone said before, i love the simple livery of these VRL busses! Plain white without any gaudy graphics looks so classy!

Have not had a chance to travel in any of the Volvo multi-axle's till now of any operator! Just admire them from the outside
The buses that I took, i.e. Hyd-BLR and BLR-Chennai were i-shift Multi Axle's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OT:

for the sake of other users on this thread just found this image on VRL website so people can make most of it.

Intercity Bus travel reviews-vrl-booking.jpg

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 7th September 2013, 16:50   #2934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The buses that I took, i.e. Hyd-BLR and BLR-Chennai were i-shift Multi Axle's.
Highly unlikely. Only the Telugu branded ones are iShifts. The others are regular manual shift buses. (All the Volvo sleepers are also iShifts - they are GJ/KA Regd)
Old 7th September 2013, 16:54   #2935
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Highly unlikely. Only the Telugu branded ones are iShifts. The others are regular manual shift buses. (All the Volvo sleepers are also iShifts - they are GJ/KA Regd)
No bro. Both the buses were KA registered. I remember it well and none had the conventional gear shifter but just a stick like BMW's on the driver's left side of the seat.

Anurag.
Old 7th September 2013, 17:09   #2936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They write it in telugu , tamil, english but not in kannada(even on KA registered busses) . Dunno why . If you have some pics of the busses with kannada font then please post.
They don't have buses registered in TN, and hence they don't have any buses with VRL or Vijayanand written in Tamil.

Quote:
No bro. Both the buses were KA registered. I remember it well and none had the conventional gear shifter but just a stick like BMW's on the driver's left side of the seat.
The first iShift registered by VRL was AP registered. After that they got only iShift Volvo shells, which were used for Sleepers. So, I am 100% Sure that if they were KA regd, they are not iShifts.
Old 8th September 2013, 19:27   #2937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am falling more in love with VRL and it's systems. They always keep things simple....
One more point is they have excellent team for vehicle maintenance. The team's hierarchy starts from CTO to GM maintenance to further down to Manager and technicians. Separate teams are available for bus and trucks. With the level of infrastructure and team they have in-house, any vehicle can be maintained. But still they keep their fleet as simple as possible to have higher availability of vehicles.

Quote:
...Agreed! If that is the case then why are the points provided without the 1kW inverter in the bus? I have no idea so asking!...
There maybe a case of inverter breakdown, Or driver may have switched it off.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 8th September 2013 at 19:29.
Old 8th September 2013, 20:34   #2938
BHPian

Quote:

Anurag.
Anurag,

We should have a TBHP bus fanning meet here.

The entire fleet of VRL operating to and from Hyderabad can be seen parked in the ground behind Hydernagar IOC Petrol Bunk.

Infact a few kms away you can also come across the Kesineni Parking lot in Nizampet Road and Dhanunjaya, SVR etc in the Miyapur Bollaram Road.
Old 8th September 2013, 22:11   #2939
Senior - BHPian

I think what VRL is doing is using the similarity of Kannada and Telugu font to good advantage, this way, people from both states can read the names without too much difficultly, if you look at the font carefully, its neither Kannada nor telugu, but resembles them both
Old 8th September 2013, 22:28   #2940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I think what VRL is doing is using the similarity of Kannada and Telugu font to good advantage, this way, people from both states can read the names without too much difficultly, if you look at the font carefully, its neither Kannada nor telugu, but resembles them both
That stickering is very much in Telugu. The Telugu font is similar to Kannada, and hence any resemblance is only incidental.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks