Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2023, 17:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Domino's to start using a new e-bike with a built-in oven to deliver pizzas

According to a media report, Domino's has started rolling out a new delivery e-bike with a built-in pizza oven. The new e-bike, called dxb, claims to "boldly go where no pizza has gone before."

Domino's to start using a new e-bike with a built-in oven to deliver pizzas-dominosebike3.jpg

The new dxb delivery e-bike from Domino's is a conventional electric bike with a large fan-forced oven at the back. This oven is said to help the company deliver "the hottest, smoothest and safest ride for pizzas."

Domino's to start using a new e-bike with a built-in oven to deliver pizzas-dominosebike1.jpg

The e-bike rides on 20-inch street tyres, a downtube-integrated battery and a wide rear-wheel stand to ensure stable parking with the oven on the back. Domino's also states that the e-bike comes with what it calls "space-age suspension", which cuts g-forces by 67%, ensuring the pizza arrives at customer doorsteps exactly as it left the store. Apart from this, the e-bike also comes with blue luminescent coating on the wheel rims and a set of frame-mounted lights.

Domino's to start using a new e-bike with a built-in oven to deliver pizzas-dominosebike2.jpg

The e-bike though will only be used by Domino's Pizza Enterprise (DPE) markets - the Australia-based franchise of the company. These markets include Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Japan, Germany, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Taiwan and Luxembourg.

Source: Electrek

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 21st November 2023 at 17:22.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 22:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Domino's to start using a new e-bike with a built-in oven to deliver pizzas

Interesting!

We order domino pizza 1-2 per month. They are about 4 km away from us. They have various regular bicycles and E bikes but nothing like this fancy one yet. I will keep an eye out for them
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:21   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the info.

But again, not that relevant for us folks as this is not for India. It joins the club of umpteen articles on Team BHP that are not India-centric.

Although I would agree that such articles do provide some food for thought on their applicability to India.
Virtualaman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 13:32   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtualaman View Post
Thanks for the info.

But again, not that relevant for us folks as this is not for India. It joins the club of umpteen articles on Team BHP that are not India-centric.

Although I would agree that such articles do provide some food for thought on their applicability to India.
I have not made an actual count, but I am pretty sure the number of India-specific articles far outnumbers the non-Indian-specific articles.

Having lived on several different continents and in a fair bit of different countries, I find it immensely useful to keep a broad view of the world around you. Not just cars, but just about anything. Politics, weather, culture, music, you name it

If you believe in the value of lateral thinking, you absolutely need to open up to the world around you. The only way to broaden your mind, learn as much as you can about the world around you. You don't need to agree with everything, you don't need to understand everything, but it is useful te be aware.

Let me share some thoughts from a famous historical Scholar: Comenius

Quote:
Comenius, who was born in 1592 in what is known today as the Czech Republic, was himself the classic example of the ‘homo universalis’: the founder of modern pedagogy. His educational ideas are still used throughout the world.

When Komensky wrote his masterpiece Labyrinth of the World in 1623, he imagined the world as a city whose streets represent the different streams in society. Although the separate streams seemed clear and unambiguous in their behaviour, disorder and alienation prevailed in the city; the people at street level just could not see the other streams. Comenius advised his readers to climb a tower and to observe from there the chaos and folly, but also the interconnectedness of the different streams.

These observations are according to Comenius the basis for science, wisdom and effective decision-making. The ability to first see and observe and think inductively, to interpret and subsequently understand is essential to Comenius’ vision and legacy. This ability is the only thing, he states, that can lead our intellect to wisdom and insight.
Do you want to be well-informed about the Indian car scene? Personally, just my opinion, of course, you also need to look at the automotive industry at a Global level. It is a global world, and India is an increasingly more important and relevant part of it. So I advise everybody to climb that tower!

Just my opinion / thoughts of course.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtualaman View Post
Thanks for the info.

Hi, never considered Team BHP as a forum for "only India relevant" content. Our members are based across the globe, share experiences from everywhere and we even have a section on the International Automotive scene. As Jeroen rightly mentioned, one needs to track key trends in an interconnected world. It is this, among things, that makes Team BHP a truly "world class" forum.

Last edited by FAIAAA : 23rd November 2023 at 13:20. Reason: Formatting
FAIAAA is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 14:39   #6
BHPian

I guess this would eventually lead to less stores. Instead of your pizza travelling 2-4 km, it would come from a store 10-15 km away. The process of baking the pizza would happen while it is on the way to your house.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 16:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I guess this would eventually lead to less stores. Instead of your pizza travelling 2-4 km, it would come from a store 10-15 km away. The process of baking the pizza would happen while it is on the way to your house.
Won't affect the store network, just improve turnaround /delivery lead time leading to a better customer experience viz other/local brands. Remember international QSR brands are under pressure from local competition esp on pricing etc and hence need to differentiate experience
Old 23rd November 2023, 19:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Won't affect the store network, just improve turnaround /delivery lead time leading to a better customer experience viz other/local brands. Remember international QSR brands are under pressure from local competition esp on pricing etc and hence need to differentiate experience
The competition is not in pricing but in quality and variety. QSR chains offer bland "global cuisine". Now increasingly there are smaller players offering better products at same (or even slightly higher) price. McD tastes the same everywhere, but now there are Indian boutique shops offering spicier takes on the burger and getting customers that way. Similarly smaller local chains in NCR offer better value than Dominos or Pizza Hut, but not necessarily at a lower price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks