Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2020, 16:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sonalika launches India's first electric tractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think electric power is perfectly suited to tractors .

- Torque, torque, torque

- No smoking exhaust? Would that help crop in some way?
+1.

I believe the torque will helpful, but this one can also find use in factories where loads are pulled.

I dont think exhaust smoke would affect crops - being in open air, the exhaust fumes are dispersed quickly. Even otherise, the exhaust is let out above the level of most crops.

Wonder if Sonalika will also bring out a sprayer that can be used with the PTO, which can be used in orchards.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 17:18   #17
BHPian

Tractors are one perfect use case for electric powertrain. Higher torque, no or less gearing, weight of the battery is actually beneficial, silent and vibration free operation (I'm aware ploughing isn't the smoothest thing in the world), low maintenance, can be charged using a 5 kW solar system; the list goes on.

The sales will be bonkers!!
Old 28th December 2020, 19:06   #18
BHPian

This is a definite emerging market.

Off the grid charging via solar panels or micro wind turbines is always available.

I am concerned about the range as tractors are also used to ferry goods and people using a trailer. If it can operate for 8 hours at 15kmph, that comes to a really good range of 120kms.

Surprising that Mahindra has not already done this as they have had the tech for at least 10 years now including the sun to the car with the E2o.
Old 3rd January 2021, 07:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
+1.

I believe the torque will helpful, but this one can also find use in factories where loads are pulled.
Electric forklifts are extensively used in factories for years together before even the e vehicle came into being.
Best part is they are steered by rear wheels for excellent short turning radius & better load taking on front axle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks