Amul taglines have always been so warm, and delicious too, if I may add
Attached Images

RM Motorsports is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 09:07   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Air India Divestment - Tata Sons completes acquisition

Sharing, as seen on SM: Message from an Air India Limited staffer :

"Salary came today.

That’s almost a first in a long long time.

Can’t quite remember when we got paid on the last day of the month."
condor is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 17:04   #243
Senior - BHPian

Who named Air India? Tata Group answers (Livemint article)

Quote:
Air India was named via an opinion poll among Tata Sons employees in 1946
Old 28th February 2022, 11:27   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

It is out now -- Tata to merge Air Asia India with Air India in 12 months after completing the acquisition of the residual shareholding of Air Asia Berhad, Malaysia.

Vistara will continue as it is for now as a full service carrier. I have observed on some of my Vistara flights e.g. Delhi-Raipur-Delhi that the configuration has been changed to full economy like Indigo. I wonder if that is only for secondary sectors or a sign of the direction the airline will take.

In the meantime it is believed that a large fund infusion packet led by State Bank of India is expected on 1st March 22 after an Air India Board meeting scheduled today.
V.Narayan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 12:54   #245
Team-BHP Support

There is obviously more to it than just what is being said. eg. Turkey not being pro-India in international politics? (And the resultant popular rhetoric in the media). But should that flow to individual appointments, esp. in (now) private companies.

Quote:
Former Turkish Airlines Chairman Ilker Ayci has declined Tata Sons' offer to be the new chief executive officer of Air India.

Ayci, who was appointed to lead the loss-making national carrier by its new owners, said his appointment to the position was 'coloured' by Indian media, Bloomberg reported citing an emailed press release.

“I have come to the conclusion that it would not be a feasible or an honourable decision to accept the position in the shadow of such a narrative," Ayci said in a statement seen by Bloomberg.

Ayci's appointment to helm Air India was confirmed by Tata Sons on Feb. 14, and he was to join the airline on or before April 1, according to a press release.
https://www.bloombergquint.com/busin...-air-india-ceo
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 13:10   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

It is not Ayci's fault. Tata's should have been more circumspect and not selected a Turkish national knowing that amongst major Muslim nations Turkey has been the most pro-Pakistan and anti-India in a rather overt in your face manner. Infrastructure or strategic industries will always require CEOs whose national credentials cannot be poked at. FMCG or retail is a different matter.
V.Narayan is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 12:25   #247
Senior - BHPian

Re: Air India Divestment - Tata Sons completes acquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
It is not Ayci's fault. Tata's should have been more circumspect and not selected a Turkish national knowing that amongst major Muslim nations Turkey has been the most pro-Pakistan and anti-India in a rather overt in your face manner. Infrastructure or strategic industries will always require CEOs whose national credentials cannot be poked at. FMCG or retail is a different matter.
I think in it's quest to find someone who has relevant experience that would help turning the lethargic sarkaari behemoth into an efficient airline, the Tata group had tunnel vision. Ayci's CV was perfect a hard taskmaster who knew how to deal with unions, inefficiencies, red tape etc...and had results to show for it. Right man from the wrong place!
shortbread is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 13:18   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I think in it's quest to find someone who has relevant experience that would help turning the lethargic sarkaari behemoth into an efficient airline, the Tata group had tunnel vision. Ayci's CV was perfect a hard taskmaster who knew how to deal with unions, inefficiencies, red tape etc...and had results to show for it. Right man from the wrong place!
Well said. Without doubt he has the skills. As the erstwhile Mayor of Istanbul and close political associate of Erdogan he would not find favour with the Govt. In India the CEO of any airline, cargo handling outfit, MRO etc need Home Ministry okay.
V.Narayan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 20:01   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

N Chandrasekaran, head of Tata Sons has been appointed head of Air India.
Old 28th April 2022, 06:40   #250
Team-BHP Support

Tata Sons / Air India will buy out Air Asia's share in Air Asia India to consolidate their airline business. Good riddance, Air Asia globally has been a fairly lousy airline and their Indian operations weren't much better.

Quote:
Tatas-owned Air India plans to acquire no-frills carrier AirAsia India and has sought approval from the Competition Commission for the proposed deal.

AirAsia India is majority-owned by Tata Sons Private Ltd with a shareholding of 83.67 per cent and the remaining stake is with AirAsia Investment Ltd (AAIL), which is part of Malaysia's AirAsia Group.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/busin...041403418.html
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 10:43   #251
Team-BHP Support

So what happens to the brand? Will it get simply merged and branded as AirIndia or do they continue to operate AirAsia separately?
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 11:00   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
So what happens to the brand? Will it get simply merged and branded as AirIndia or do they continue to operate AirAsia separately?
Perhaps only use the current 'Air India Express' brand, what's the point of two low cost airlines, AI Express & Air Asia?

How about reviving Indian Airlines for a dose of nostalgia?
shortbread is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:18   #253
BHPian

"Air India Express" I assume will be used. Makes sense as Air India Express does not operate domestically except a very few domestic legs.

Air India Express will need to have go for a fleet renewal urgently. Two thirds of the fleet are more than 12 years old.

But before that I believe Tatas will replace the Air India Boeing 777s which I understand is in pathetic condition.
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:27   #254
Senior - BHPian

Recently, my father traveled to Germany in a Air India Dreamliner. He said the screens were not working, aircraft seats were in poor condition, overall nothing has improved/changed as of now. I was hoping that after acquisition by private player, things would improve.
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:35   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Recently, my father traveled to Germany in a Air India Dreamliner. He said the screens were not working, aircraft seats were in poor condition, overall nothing has improved/changed as of now. I was hoping that after acquisition by private player, things would improve.
Give them time, they have just acquired the airline.
Rangy62 is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks