Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 17:39   #61
BHPian

Re: Gujarat's Ro-Ro ferry to cut down 6.5 hour trip to 90 minutes

Hi friends,

latest news: the RoRo Ferry has resumed the services on 24-Feb-2020, but currently only one time a day from Ghogha (3.30pm) and Dahej (?) side. I had phone them yday evening and confirmed the same.
https://www.dgseaconnect.com/

Today my biker friend returning from Gujarat trip has boarded the ferry, and saves him a lot of time.

Just 4 days back I was on similar bike trip to Gujarat and ferry was nonoperational!
Hope they soon get more frequency per day.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 15:27   #62
BHPian

Checked their website. The services are shut as of now.
Old 12th October 2020, 20:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Checked their website. The services are shut as of now.
Please refer the following thread. The services are shut and up for sale.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/comme...s-up-sale.html (Gujarat RoRo ferries up for sale)
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 11:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

The Ropax ferry will be started again in Gujarat from Hazira to Ghogha. Operated by Indigo seaways pvt ltd under the name of Dg Sea connect, the ROPax aims to ferry across the 31 kms stretch in Gulf of Cambay about 80000 passenger and 30000 trucks annualy. The Ropax terminal was recently inaugurated virtually by PM Modi. The ferry will reduce the distance from 370 km & 12 hrs to 31 kms and 3 hrs. A single ferry trip will transport about 555 passengers, 30 trucks, 7 smaller trucks and 100 2 wheelers. This will be an all weather service.

The fares for the passengers, cars, trucks and 2 wheelers are available and known only during booking. There isnt any fare chart mentioned in the website.

Indigo seaways has recently got a new vessel from Korea named Voyager Symphony which will be in operation.

https://indianexpress.com/article/ex...rvice-6980968/

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/79110228.cms
Old 21st November 2020, 11:20   #65
BHPian

Is it the same ferry that was running from Dahej to Gogha and is now shifted to surat, I remember reading some articles about problems at Dahej. OR is this a new one and both Dahej and Surat will be operational?
Old 21st November 2020, 14:26   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Is it the same ferry that was running from Dahej to Gogha and is now shifted to surat, I remember reading some articles about problems at Dahej. OR is this a new one and both Dahej and Surat will be operation
The news (link attached in ghodlur's post) informs that the Dahej - Gogha service has been suspended due to insufficient draft for the vessel.

It means that the water depth below the vessel bottom isn't sufficient for the safe operation; the propellers are susceptible to damage because of vibrations at such low depths.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 21st November 2020 at 14:27.
Rahul Bhalgat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 14:46   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Mumbai to get 12 water taxi routes, 4 RO-RO services by December 2021.

Quote:
At present, ROPAX (roll-on/roll-off passenger) service from Bhaucha Dhakka (Ferry Wharf) to Mandwa (Alibag) is successfully operating by reducing the road journey of 110km to about 18km by using waterways, thereby reducing travel time of daily commuters from about 3-4 hours to merely an hour. Witnessing the benefits being reaped of this ferry service, similar services are planned to be operational at various other routes in Mumbai. The details of the new routes are as follows:
Gujarat's Ro-Ro ferry to cut down 6.5 hour trip to 90 minutes-smartselect_20210408144343_chrome.jpg

Quote:
The government believes that opening up of 4 new routes of ROPAX Ferries and 12 routes of Water taxis will provide a big relief for daily commuters in Mumbai. It will result in a pollution-free, peaceful and time-saving journey as well as reduce the travel cost and carbon footprint significantly. It would also cater for the requirements of increasing number of tourists and commuters at various stretches of Mumbai city.
Gujarat's Ro-Ro ferry to cut down 6.5 hour trip to 90 minutes-smartselect_20210408144400_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th April 2021 at 14:51.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 15:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mumbai to get 12 water taxi routes, 4 RO-RO services by December 2021.
I have been hearing such news for Bombay since my school days and a lot of water has passed under the Vashi bridge since then and I am a professional with 14 years experience now. Get the gist ?

I will believe such stories when I actually see the first boat gets sailing.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks