Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 16:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra launches the Supro Van and Maxi Truck

Mahindra launched the Supro Maxi Truck and the Supro Van at a price of Rs. 4.25 lakh and Rs. 4.38 lakh ex-showroom Thane for the BS III variants.

Mahindra launches the Supro Van and Maxi Truck-supro-pic.jpg

Supro Maxi Truck

The Maxi Truck is powered by a 909 cc Turbocharged diesel engine producing 45 HP / 98 Nm, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. It has a max speed of 95 km/h and manages 22.4 km/l.

The truck has a 1,000 kg payload capacity and a 41 sq.ft. cargo box. It has beige interiors with black insers. Unique features of the Supro include air-conditioning, electronic power steering, bottle holder and a mobile charging point.

It is available in 3 colours - Metallic Red, Diamond White and Deep Warm Blue.

This vehicle rivals the Tata Ace and the Tata Ace Mega and is positioned right between these two.

Supro Van

This is an 8-seater van which is powered by the same 909 cc turbocharged diesel engine as the Supro Maxi Truck. Power / torque figures remain identical at 45 HP and 98 Nm, mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Even though its top speed remains the same at 95 km/h, it's even more fuel efficient than the truck at 23.5 km/l.

The van measures 3,798 mm in length, 1,540 in width and 1,922 in height. The van features dual tone interiors, power steering, air-conditioning, bottle holder and a mobile charging socket. It is available in 5 or 8-seater configurations.

It comes in 3 colours - Metallic Lake Side Brown, Deep Warm Blue and Diamond White.

Additionally, both the Van and Maxi Truck get a 2 year / 60,000 km standard warranty. This vehicle goes up against the Maruti Omni and Eeco.

Prices in lakhs for the Van (ex-showroom Thane) for BS III variant are:
ZX: Rs. 4.93
VX: Rs. 4.63
LX: Rs. 4.38
(BS IV prices are Rs. 15,000 more)

Last edited by S2!!! : 16th October 2015 at 16:09.
S2!!! is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 22:36   #2
BHPian

Re: Mahindra launches the Supro Van and Maxi Truck

The van looks almost like the maaximo van. The high engine noise and low pickup were the main problems i faced in maaximo. I hope mahindra has addressed these issues.
I own a tata venture now which is an 8 seater from tata. It is an excellent vehicle except for the poor pickup. There is absolutely no overlap between the first and second gears. As a result, even if you raise the engine maximum and shift to second gear, it will not pull. I hope mahindra will ensure good overlap between gears.
Old 17th October 2015, 10:43   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Now now, so this is where the Supro name went. Earlier there were rumours that the now TUV300/would be named as Supro. Thanks it didn't happen.

Now for the Supro van, it looks just like a Maxximo van with a new dashboard and other features. They could have atleast given it the fit and finish of the Venture
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 07:52   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
The van looks almost like the maaximo van. The high engine noise and low pickup were the main problems i faced in maaximo. I hope mahindra has addressed these issues.
I own a tata venture now which is an 8 seater from tata. It is an excellent vehicle except for the poor pickup. There is absolutely no overlap between the first and second gears. As a result, even if you raise the engine maximum and shift to second gear, it will not pull. I hope mahindra will ensure good overlap between gears.
This looks like a turbocharged version of the maxximo with a few modifications on the interior. I'm guessing a turbo-charged engine is going to fill in the gaps and make for a smoother gear shift.
Ikart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 10:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikart View Post
This looks like a turbocharged version of the maxximo with a few modifications on the interior. I'm guessing a turbo-charged engine is going to fill in the gaps and make for a smoother gear shift.
My venture engine is also turbo engine. 1400 cc turbo diesel. Same as that of indigo turbo. Venture is a well finished vehicle. I am very comfortable with the comfort etc. But engine - gearbox combination is the single reason for such a failure.

I think the maaximo engine is the same as this supro 909 cc turbo charged one. Now for supro, mahindra must have refined it further. Top speed, mileage etc are better in supro spec.

Unless the vehicle is good to drive, why to have a vehicle ? Mahindra should ensure that the newly launched supro has sufficient pulling with 8 passengers and ac ON. Otherwise it will fail in the market.

With the present tata offers, I think the top variant GX of venture and the top variant ZX of supro are costing almost same. Then no doubt, venture is a better quality vehicle. But, venture will become a better choice only if the quadrajet engine is offered.

I own a palio stile multijet also. The way mutijet drives so enthusiastically is unbelievable. I love the multijet performance so much. I hope mahindra's refined 909 cc turbo in supro is also energetic like multijet.

Last edited by KMohanan : 18th October 2015 at 11:15.
KMohanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 23:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Supro Van does look a good Value for money proposition compared to Omni.

I wish Mahindra had in some way lowered the Van and put a slightly bigger rim - 13 inch maybe.Also they could have provided atleast 3 spoke steering wheel on Van.

I am not sure if this Van is going to attract Eeco buyers, since this looks more like a Taxi Van, whereas Eeco is also considered by private buyers.

Launching the truck and Van together, there is no doubt that its based on the truck, which it surely is.

Had it been launched separately this would not have been easily evident IMO.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks