Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 22:38   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
There will be customers - we can't compare Japenese manufacturers with Mahindra at least for next few years. Every single thing between these two is different . This is a niche segment product, if they need numbers they will have to either reduce prices or launch a lower variant which actually might come later. If I am not mistaken couple of Years back Tata launched something similar in 4 x4 at around same prices as Safari , now of course they have lower priced model but those are very crude.

I booked one today they have assured late April / May delivery.
What is the price they are quoting. From what I could understand 15-17L is speculation and Isuzu is actually very tight lipped about the actual price.
Old 5th February 2016, 22:44   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what I could understand 15-17L is speculation and Isuzu is actually very tight lipped about the actual price.
Yes that's ballpark figure given to me as well, they have some production constraints as per dealer and will have limited allocations for this version in this year . Most likely they will send Auto Expo vehicles to dealerships in coming weeks. If we compare this pricing with say Innova minus the rear seats - this looks bang on
Old 6th February 2016, 13:15   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats

It definitely takes much clarity to make a buy decision without knowing the exact price you are going to pay.

Keep us updated
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 23:55   #154
BHPian

Quote:
There will be customers - we can't compare Japenese manufacturers with Mahindra at least for next few years. Every single thing between these two is different . This is a niche segment product, if they need numbers they will have to either reduce prices or launch a lower variant which actually might come later. If I am not mistaken couple of Years back Tata launched something similar in 4 x4 at around same prices as Safari , now of course they have lower priced model but those are very crude.

This is probably old but will give you an idea about reliability of Isuzu engines

In fact an unmodified D-Max competing in the BCCC was the only competitor for two years running to never have a mechanical failure.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/isuzu/d-max

Congrats! Where have you booked the vehicle ? AS far as I know, there are no bookings being taken in NCR.

Also I agree that this is a niche segment product however how would Isuzu justify pricing a vehicle with the same engine at least 7 lakhs above the commercial one, which has the same specs. The additions are definitely not worth that amount I feel.
Hondaism is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 01:15   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is probably old but will give you an idea about reliability of Isuzu engines

In fact an unmodified D-Max competing in the BCCC was the only competitor for two years running to never have a mechanical failure.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/isuzu/d-max

I spent half an hour at their stall today. Spoke with the engineers there (they looked techie, not glib sales folk):
a. 15 L ex-showroom.
b. Practical date of launch is Jun/Jul.
c. Reason: Their own factory is now complete but only commissioning runs are ongoing. Till now they were assembling it at the Hindustan motors (?) factory. So the vehicles on display in the auto expo are actually assembled at their new plant. But it will be fully operational only in Apr end, thus leading to Jun deliveries.

I'm not sure about the practicality of this large vehicle as my daily driver, else I'd buy one tomorrow! (though my heart wishes for a Duster with AMT-AWD).
Old 8th February 2016, 07:25   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
without knowing the exact price you are going to pay
Quote:
Where have you booked the vehicle ? AS far as I know, there are no bookings being taken in NCR
Quote:
15 L ex-showroom.
b. Practical date of launch is Jun/Jul.
They are still undecided on price as far I understand and must have been taking views from visitors with these figures , in past they had to sell MU7 & even the regular pick up trucks at discounts .Given the way most of other Japanese companies operate , they should not continue with this high MRP and then discounting. If they still do price this higher and then come out with Discounts then 15-16 Lac is possible else they will come out with lower numbers. I remember Toyota Qualis was launched at around 5 Lac plus even when Maruti 800 was priced at 2 lac or so & it was during subsequent years that Toyota increased prices when market accepted their products. Most likely they will have firm prices by April end.

Punjab Dealerships are owned by same owners who have BMW as well so I don't have major concerns on Discounts

Quote:
how would Isuzu justify pricing a vehicle with the same engine at least 7 lakhs above the commercial one,
Well its not essentially the same engine , both are different with appreciable difference in BHP & torque, though with same capacities and if I am not mistaken engines on this one will come from Thailand at least for time being as against Indian assembled, though that should not matter much considering BMW/ Mercedes are also assembling engines locally.

Quote:
practicality of this large vehicle as my daily driver, else I'd buy one tomorrow!
Due to faster turnover (I sell very fast ) I am left with no 4 x4 for past year or so , booked endeavour but deliveries were simply non committal and I never required a 5 or 7 seater , ideally Jeep would have been best but FIAT works at its own pace , I even checked Thar but my little experience at Mahindra dealership was enough to come even without testing besides the crude manufacturing of Thar. I did tried using the Single cab for a while but was troubled with rear suspension beside that sits too low. Let's see how this one behaves on Road. Have seen many people using this overseas as daily drives, in fact there is almost 100 % difference in costs of basic versions and fully loaded one's even in matured markets. But if they need regular numbers they will have to price this really well.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th February 2016 at 07:37.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 10:04   #157
Senior - BHPian

I had my heart set on the the 2016 Dmax since quite a year. The current one just did not appeal to me considering the newer one was way more brilliant and good looking with ample ground clearance.

What I would have ideally liked in the new Dmax was

1) Their 163 PS engine version with a twin turbo and 40 kgm of torque with the same 2.5 liter engine that they sell in the UK and many other countries.
2) A 6 speed manual transmission mated to this engine ( Its already available in UK)
3) An option of an Automatic, they already have a Dmax with an Autobox available, why not bring it here?
4)Along with the Vcross the Fury version of the DMAX also to be sold here.

Isuzu, if you are convinced about this car, why not go all out and trust the buyer to buy your product ?

I would pick a 6 speed Dmax with 163 PS right tomorrow or even better an Automatic one too, but the 5 speed with 134 bhp just does not justify the price IMO.
Old 12th February 2016, 19:03   #158
BHPian

So supposedly they have reduced the power for the commercial double cab version.
Or is it only for the 2 wheel drive commercial version.

I am confused between the D Max double cab and the Imperio double cab for my dairy farm. Mahindra makes a lot of sense for me because I have service centres available within 10-30km radius while the nearest service centre for Isuzu will be in Chandigarh 300kms away. My heart is really set on the D Max because of it's dual personality i.e. a much better personal vehicle. OTOH, if I could spend a few bucks upgrading the seats and interiors of the Imperio, it would be a more practical choice, considering it will be used daily to deliver milk. The under-thigh support was also better on the Imperio but the seats would be the first thing I would probably replace on the Imperio.
Old 12th February 2016, 19:30   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
I am confused between the D Max double cab and the Imperio double cab for my dairy farm.
So who will use it more ? You - or your staff ?
Old 12th February 2016, 19:40   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
So who will use it more ? You - or your staff ?
For milk delivery, it will be used by the staff but considering the other car we have is a Palio, I will be using the vehicle for my activities as well, when needed. I was earlier considering getting just a single cab considering I needed something to carry a cow or two in emergencies, but now I will be using a trailer for that instead.
Old 15th February 2016, 00:05   #161
BHPian

Any final news on the pricing of the vcross variant ?
Old 15th February 2016, 08:25   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any final news on the pricing of the vcross variant ?
Expect around last week of April.
Old 15th February 2016, 09:26   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
So supposedly they have reduced the power for the commercial double cab version.
Or is it only for the 2 wheel drive commercial version.

I am confused between the D Max double cab and the Imperio double cab for my dairy farm. Mahindra makes a lot of sense for me because I have service centres available within 10-30km radius while the nearest service centre for Isuzu will be in Chandigarh 300kms away. My heart is really set on the D Max because of it's dual personality i.e. a much better personal vehicle. OTOH, if I could spend a few bucks upgrading the seats and interiors of the Imperio, it would be a more practical choice, considering it will be used daily to deliver milk. The under-thigh support was also better on the Imperio but the seats would be the first thing I would probably replace on the Imperio.
For a business, the cost of downtime should drive your decision. I would say a Mahindra only because the cost of downtime while it is being serviced 300km away can be much higher than the fun factor driving a DMax.

If you have a backup vehicle as well, then the DMax makes sense!
Old 15th February 2016, 12:46   #164
Senior - BHPian

I think Isuzu should offer one of these as accessories and market it well too - we Indians are not used to open deck pickup trucks, however macho they may look like for the Americans. http://www.carryboy.com/
Note: Please go through all the menu items to get an idea about what all Canopies, Lids, etc are on offer.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 15th February 2016 at 12:49.
Old 16th February 2016, 21:46   #165
BANNED

15-17 L, i think would be a pretty much a good price considering this truck belongs to the segment of toyota hilux, which is nothing but a toyota fortuner without the third row of seats and third row of roof. The Isuzu equivalent is Mu-7 which competes with fortuner in our market. So, keeping in mind fortuner and mu-7 retail prices of around 23L, a 15-17L sticker price for this truck seems a bargain.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks