Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 10:44   #196
BHPian

Re: TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)

I am not sure but I think the design of the front door is not right! I have highlighted the portion which could foul with the feet of anybody trying to open the door as this would swing around while opening / closing the door regardless of it being powered on not. That issue is not there Audace model. Case of Desi Jugaad / Cost Cutting? Lets hope Tata fixes this in their PROD model as they are going to charge any premium over Desi Builders.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-dscf0864.jpg  

Last edited by DWind : 27th August 2013 at 10:46.
Old 27th August 2013, 11:07   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I am not sure but I think the design of the front door is not right! I have highlighted the portion which could foul with the feet of anybody trying to open the door as this would swing around while opening / closing the door regardless of it being powered on not. That issue is not there Audace model. Case of Desi Jugaad / Cost Cutting? Lets hope Tata fixes this in their PROD model as they are going to charge any premium over Desi Builders.
Well noticed. The design of the passenger door on the Audace in Brazil is completely different. The Brazilian one is an in-swing door, while the one here is an out swing door. The change may be due to the smaller front overhang on the Tata chassis.

But another thing to notice is, the bigger twin arm hinging support which is linked to a rotating column. It looks to me like when the door is closed, this hinging support will prevent any one from standing on the lowest step all together. So the question of the smaller lower arm fouling with anyone's feet does not rise at all.

You can compare this door, with the rear passenger doors on the Volvo B7RLE city bus. There too you have two support arms linked to one rotating column. In the Volvo one arm is at the bottom of the door, while the second is at the top. Also the wider nature of the door in the Volvo does not create too much interference with passengers.

Overall, I dont think it should be too much of a challenge to change the design of the door hinges. Hope Tata take care of it before final launch.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 11:44   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
do you have any feedback on Autocop Trackpro ?
No Ramesh. I'll check it out .
Old 29th August 2013, 02:37   #199
BHPian

Re: New Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
Me and the co-admins who run the TATA Fans Facebook page got an invite from Popular Mega Motors for an exclusive photo shoot of a new TATA BUS at The Renai Hotel, Kochi.
This is just a teaser, more pictures on the way.
Our Facebook page - TATA, THE REAL AUTOMOTIVE KING
Finaly they are uploaded pics in face book Page
attaching pics, copyright to : "TATA The real automotive King"
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-560510_10151810669699253_546468533_n.jpg  

TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-1186762_10151810670919253_1312199003_n.jpg  

TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-1239954_10151810671224253_1106264817_n.jpg  

TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-1235284_10151810686149253_1495215030_n.jpg  

nijan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 19:44   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijan View Post
Finaly they are uploaded pics in face book Page
attaching pics, copyright to : "TATA The real automotive King"
This bus is built on the LP version(without front overhang) of "starbus Ultra" platform, as is evident from the wheel rim size/design. This may be the luxury variant on the same platform.

Since its GVW would not be more than 9 Tons we cannot compare this ICV with a paradiso G7 model.
Old 29th August 2013, 20:39   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschandra View Post
This bus is built on the LP version(without front overhang) of "starbus Ultra" platform, as is evident from the wheel rim size/design. This may be the luxury variant on the same platform.

Since its GVW would not be more than 9 Tons we cannot compare this ICV with a paradiso G7 model.
This should be based on 912 - 49WB as Ultra has FOH door and wider track upto 2340mm as compared to regular 2100mm in LP.
This as seen should be with 235/75 R 17.5 tubeless radials and that makes to think its Ultra.
And for all 49 wb models, they are rated as 9T GVW.

Tata and Marcopolo has done a commendable job in the Y1-Ultra platform with unique offering of FOH in 3 WB options 52,49 and 42 which none of the competition currently has. Its a good move and entire port folio is positioned properly with Ultra as premium and Starbus as standard.
But I am surprised to see Paradiso in same basket of Ultra.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 29th August 2013 at 20:51.
Old 29th August 2013, 21:12   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
This should be based on 912 - 49WB as Ultra has FOH door and wider track upto 2340mm as compared to regular 2100mm in LP.
This as seen should be with 235/75 R 17.5 tubeless radials and that makes to think its Ultra.
And for all 49 wb models, they are rated as 9T GVW.

Tata and Marcopolo has done a commendable job in the Y1-Ultra platform with unique offering of FOH in 3 WB options 52,49 and 42 which none of the competition currently has. Its a good move and entire port folio is positioned properly with Ultra as premium and Starbus as standard.
But I am surprised to see Paradiso in same basket of Ultra.
Its actually on the Ultra 914 platform, which has a slightly higher 9.6ton GVW. They have probably not used a door in the FOH to reduce the air-conditioning load, as it has an engine driven AC. The front portion, with the driver and co-drivers seats isnt air conditioned.

As per the specifications shared on the Facebook group, it even has the new gen 3L Dicor engine with DOHC setup, giving 140hp and 360Nm@1400rpm.

It looks to me like Tata Marcopolo will be bringing in an entire range of premium buses with the Paradiso brand name. That is why they have named this the Paradiso Ultra. Note that there is no "Starbus" in this name.
Old 29th August 2013, 22:09   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
.. They have probably not used a door in the FOH to reduce the air-conditioning load, as it has an engine driven AC. The front portion, with the driver and co-drivers seats isnt air conditioned...
So two FOH in 2340 wide chassis and this WB is also 50mm higher than Ultra 52. So overall this is a new chassis.
But why should they compromise on FOH door. If the original higher FOH chassis was used, an additional seat would have been possible.
Old 30th August 2013, 00:34   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But why should they compromise on FOH door. If the original higher FOH chassis was used, an additional seat would have been possible.
Probably for the target use case, they need a co-driver, attendant seat next to the driver. Airport shuttles, Staff buses etc always have an attendant.
Old 30th August 2013, 08:00   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Probably for the target use case, they need a co-driver, attendant seat next to the driver. Airport shuttles, Staff buses etc always have an attendant.
Its possible to have a jump seat in door location. Anyway it can't go to tarmac application as it will require wider door and peripheral seating layout.
Anyway im very much impressed with the design but for the unusual chassis dimensions.
TM is working on their AMT and they may plug in into this model as it has common rail engine.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 30th August 2013 at 08:04.
Old 30th August 2013, 09:13   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its possible to have a jump seat in door location. Anyway it can't go to tarmac application as it will require wider door and peripheral seating layout.
Anyway im very much impressed with the design but for the unusual chassis dimensions.
TM is working on their AMT and they may plug in into this model as it has common rail engine.
I dont get it. How will you have a jump seat in the door location?? Remember this is not a RE bus, but a FE one. Also, like I mentioned the above configuration does have the advantage of reduced air-conditioning load, especially considering the fact that unlike in a rear engine bus the engine compartment is not very well insulated from the cabin.

I dont think he meant a tarmac coach when he said airport shuttle. Many hotels, especially during conferences, using AC buses to transport large number of people from airports to their hotels. Such a bus would be ideal for their use.
Old 30th August 2013, 11:47   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think he meant a tarmac coach when he said airport shuttle. Many hotels, especially during conferences, using AC buses to transport large number of people from airports to their hotels. Such a bus would be ideal for their use.
Thanks Julupani. You are right. Ashley2, i did not mean tarmac coach. Tarmac coaches normally have only the driver. But the airport shuttle buses almost always has an attendant.
Old 30th August 2013, 12:14   #208

Quote:
So two FOH in 2340 wide chassis and this WB is also 50mm higher than Ultra 52. So overall this is a new chassis.
Both LP & LPO versions are available in ULTRA platform. Only thing is the LPO models are most seen on roads.

As you said there is an increase in WB but the overall length of the bus remains same as that of an LPO model. This itself shows that the increase in WB compromises on the FOH.
gschandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 12:52   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschandra View Post
Both LP & LPO versions are available in ULTRA platform. Only thing is the LPO models are most seen on roads.

As you said there is an increase in WB but the overall length of the bus remains same as that of an LPO model. This itself shows that the increase in WB compromises on the FOH.
As far as I know, no Ultra buses introduced yet have a LP chassis. The entire Starbus Ultra range is having LPO chassis, according to what is available on the website. Of course, there must obviously be LP variants of the chassis.

As for the chassis under the Paradiso Ultra, it seems to have pretty small overhangs all over. The 5.2m WB Starbus Ultra has a length of 10.12m, while the Paradiso here only has a 9m length from a 5.25m WB. So even the rear overhang is not big, something in the 2.2m to 2.6m range, which is much below the usual 60% of the WB. Though the small overhangs does mean better ride quality towards the last rows.
Old 30th August 2013, 14:55   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I dont get it. How will you have a jump seat in the door location?? Remember this is not a RE bus, but a FE one. Also, like I mentioned the above configuration does have the advantage of reduced air-conditioning load, especially considering the fact that unlike in a rear engine bus the engine compartment is not very well insulated from the cabin..
Its very simple. Look at any front engine Ac bus to understand how jump seats are provided. There is no relationship for reduced air condition load and having FOH door as anyway a partition is provided. Ultra 52 was displayed with partition door only even for Non Ac.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks