Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2014, 11:10   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
My dear chap, what makes you think call taxi drivers are any better than auto drivers?
Speaking from what I see around in Bengaluru. Auto rickshaw drivers in Bengaluru..
1. Over-charge pretty much always and every time.
2. Abusive, rowdy behaviour with even local crowd (who are not bigger ruffians)
3. A few of them have also got caught in harrasing & molesting female passengers.
4. Totally unreliable, pathetic service culture and not worth a single paisa you pay them.

Compare this with any call taxi service. Off course there are bad apples and incidents like what happened in Delhi does happen once in a while. But for most of the people in Bengaluru, call taxis may be still a better & safe option than dealing with auto rickshaw drivers. I can say that 70% of them are born criminals, where as there could be a 30% of call taxi drivers who have criminal tendencies.

The Hindu finds a mixed response from people..
Guidelines for cab aggregators welcomed
Old 10th December 2014, 19:06   #197
Senior - BHPian

I recently took a Nano Taxi from near Hudson Circle to Kavalbyrasandra (beyond RT Nagar) in Bangalore. An Auto ride for the same stretch would make me lighter by 120-150Rs, depending on how fast the meter runs (if the driver agrees to put it on). The cab cost me just Rs. 105! No haggling, no begging to drivers to accept the ride - just press the "pick me up" button on the App, and the cab came to me in 10 minutes!
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 22:02   #198
BHPian

Taxiforsure

Booked cab. It didn't move after 5 minutes. After 10-15 attempts, the driver picked up and said he didn't get any message/notification from taxiforsure and asked me to cancel and rebook.
Cancelled and booked again. Same cab again, unfortunately. Another 10-15 attempts before the driver picked up and said he has go elsewhere and that he'll cancel the booking from his end.
Helpline numbers were constantly busy. Tried twitter, but no reply for a while.
Decided to catch a bus. (Need to switch buses, which I was trying to avoid with the cab).
Midway during the bus journey, the customer service calls and tells me they've booked another cab at the same location (as earlier). Asked them to cancel it as it was pointless.
Got down from bus 1. Couldn't get bus 2. All buses were jam packed and I had a duffle bag. Booked another cab. App crashed. Didn't get any notification/sms. Restarted app and booked again. Got 2 SMS with different booking IDs. double booking. Cancelled one.
Thankfully, the second one was prompt.

TaxiForSure. more like PainInTheAssForSure
Vysakh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 09:34   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
My experience with them was good. But today's The Hindu reported that TaxiForSure may have a serious problem in operating in the city. It is because the government wants strict monitoring of such call-taxi companies. TaxiForSure is an aggregator, so don't know what they plan to do. Whether they would just say that ensuring well-behaved driver, and vehicle with all documents is the responsibility of the cab provider (and NOT the aggregator), or try to ensure that their cab owners follow all conditions correctly.

The only folks once again having a happy smile are the normal Taxi and Auto rickshaw drivers in Bengaluru. All of them have now started getting hopes that their goonda giri can now restart again.

Only eight taxi service providers registered with Transport Department - The Hindu
TaxiForSure, in their statement, said that their business model was asset light and that they did not own any taxis. They claimed that they partner with operators who have valid documents. In the wake of recent developments, they were working with their operators to meet the due processes of law, they added.
Old 12th December 2014, 10:36   #200
Senior - BHPian

Zoomcar - the self drive car hire service in BLR / Gurgaon - was facing rumours and media misreporting that they were banned as well, and so have sent out this mailer.

---------

Zoomcar operating as normal in Bangalore — We are NOT a Taxi provider or aggregator

Zoomcar is Purely a Self-Drive Car Rental Service

Dear Zoomcar Members,

We have a very important message to deliver to our community.

Some online news publications like 'Times of India', 'Business Standard', and 'New Indian Express' have INCORRECTLY reported that Zoomcar has been banned by the Karnataka Transport Department from operating it's vehicles in Bangalore.

We would like to clarify directly to our members, that Zoomcar is NOT a taxi operator, provider or aggregator, and has NOT been banned from operating in Bangalore, (or Pune, or Gurgaon NCR). We have confirmed this directly with the Karnataka Transport Department.

We are purely a Self-Drive car rental company and we do NOT operate any other form of commercial transport service nor are associated in any way to any taxi operators. Our service model is very different from how taxi operators, providers or aggregate function.

Zoomcars can only be driven by members who sign up with us and hold a valid driver's license issued in India (or a valid equivalent international licence). Anyone who is not registered with us, or is not the owner of the booking made, is not authorized to drive any of our vehicles.

Our website at www.zoomcar.com and Mobile Apps are live and accepting bookings as normal. All our operations are, and will continue to function normally without any foreseen disruption. All bookings starting today or later will be valid and fulfilled as normal.

Keep Zooming!
Greg Moran and David Back

-----------
Old 16th December 2014, 15:27   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Wish i had read your feedback earlier!

Last sunday night booked the service to travel from Hennur Rd to Indira Nagar, cab arrived on time and was a logan sedan. At the drop driver mentioned its a cash payment and i like a fool paid up along with some tip, forgetting that i had already topped up my app also with 1000 Rs.

Driver happily drives off and i receive an sms a while later that app also has been credited. It was almost 2 AM so did not bother calling driver again, and dropped an email to the crm id.

This is tuesday, still no response from them. Just left the same as feedback email i received.
Old 16th December 2014, 15:53   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
This is tuesday, still no response from them. Just left the same as feedback email i received.
Try twitter. I got response only from there.
Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 10:01   #203
MHG
BHPian

I put up a small review of TaxiForSure's Nano cabs in my blog: http://www.gautham.net/2014/12/taxif...bangalore.html

In a nutshell (points relevant to this thread):
  • Nano XT Variant (top end model) - bought at a discount of 140k instead of usual 240k
  • Ownership model instead of usual aggregator model by TaxiForSure
  • Fleet was 100 at launch; 500 cars delivered so far while order of 3000 cars for Bangalore to be fulfilled by January 2015
  • Extremely comfortable and incredible leg room

Mods: if you think it is inappropriate to link to my blog, I can delete the link and post the whole content here
Old 19th December 2014, 11:20   #204
Senior - BHPian

More on TaxiForSure. Because my vehicle went for some urgent repairs, I had to book a TaxiForSure Cab between Bannerghatta Rd and Electronics City.

1. I tried using their mobile application for the first time. A bit slow, but it worked. I tried for Nano cars, but they could not allot me one. And I had to book an Indica (a Toyota Etios came instead). They had called me to inform that the car is on its way. The operator said that they could send a Nano instead, if I had called them up and booked a cab.

2. If you use the Mobile App the advantage is that the exact location (from where the booking is made) goes to the driver of the cab. So advantage is that we need to call them and give them explanations/route clarifications etc.

Now comes the interesting part. I had a good chat with the driver, and he did gave an insight to the TaxiForSure model. Don't know how true it is. The summary is that TaxiForSure is paying MORE to the cab, than what they charge from the passenger.

They charge Rs.50 (for first 4km) and Rs.14 per k.m extra from the passenger. But they pay Rs.350/- for the first 10km or part of, and then Rs.18 per k.m to the cab owner/driver.
Old 19th December 2014, 15:02   #205
BHPian

Another experience with taxiforsure. No issues whatsoever this time. Though the cab was a bit dirty on the outside, the inside was clean and smelled good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
They charge Rs.50 (for first 4km) and Rs.14 per k.m extra from the passenger. But they pay Rs.350/- for the first 10km or part of, and then Rs.18 per k.m to the cab owner/driver.
I was told they get 400. Maybe 50 goes to the cab service owner. IDK.
Old 19th December 2014, 15:23   #206
Senior - BHPian

I have catch 6AM train on Monday morning. I need to start by 5AM. What would be the cab options in Bangalore?
Old 19th December 2014, 15:42   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I have catch 6AM train on Monday morning. I need to start by 5AM. What would be the cab options in Bangalore?
I can recommend TaxiForSure. Then I guess OLA or Meru may also work out for you? But which ever cab company you choose, better to book right away!
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 23:30   #208
BHPian

Re: Xen Cabs : Radio Cabs Thrissur.Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Finally Thrissur got what it has been waiting.A full fledged Radio Cab service.Used it a lot over the last few days and it has left me highly impressed.

10rs a km with a 100rs per hour waiting.They even do drops to the airport and the Kochi airport drop cost me 400rs lesser than what the usual cab cartel rates.

Highly reccomended and the cars always appeared on time for me.

www.xencabs.com
Ranjit, how much did they charge for airport drop. I usually get 1300 from my home to Airport. Is Xen any cheaper ?
Old 19th December 2014, 23:49   #209
Senior - BHPian

Re: Xen Cabs : Radio Cabs Thrissur.Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Ranjit, how much did they charge for airport drop. I usually get 1300 from my home to Airport. Is Xen any cheaper ?
They charged me 1200 plus 85rs toll from Peringavu to airport
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:58   #210
BHPian

OLA cabs started its CAB services in Madurai. Use the promo code MAD49 to get the promotional offers. Saw few OLA cabs roaming inside Madurai. Fasttrack is doing good here and lets see how OLA performs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks