Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2014, 22:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Prima T1 Racing Truck : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post

Driver gets an FIA approved racing seat with 5-point harness.
Attachment 1216097

Mandatory fire extinguisher fitted in the cabin.
Attachment 1216098
That is not an FIA approved racing harness; shoulder straps must be mounted so as to make an angle of not more than 20 degree to the horizontal from wearer's shoulders.

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...282014%29x.pdf

Check Section 2.6.

Looks like TATA got to do a lot of work before the race, I am sure these tethering issues will be sorted before that.
ecenandu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 12:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Driver gets an FIA approved racing seat with 5-point harness.
Attachment 1216097

Tata Motors claims to have done 22 modifications to the truck to make it race ready.
Stratos,

Thanks a ton for starting this thread at least in TBHP. I was really surprised by the apathy from the press in general in India specially about this - a first in India - and about Motorsport in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
That is not an FIA approved racing harness; shoulder straps must be mounted so as to make an angle of not more than 20 degree to the horizontal from wearer's shoulders.

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...282014%29x.pdf

Check Section 2.6.

Looks like TATA got to do a lot of work before the race, I am sure these tethering issues will be sorted before that.
ecenandu, excellent observation and quoting the correct rules.

But please note that Truck # 14 pictured was the show truck for the event launch/announcement etc and as Stratos has pointed out - it has to have about 22 more modifications to bring it up to full spec including the recovery/tow/lift hooks - which I am concerned with - The concerned people assure that it has all been met with and the actual 12 will be comfirming to Article 290 - 2014 - Racing Trucks Technical Regulations - (Groupe F / Group F)

Hope some of the TBHPians turn up on the track to cheer all involved in it

Further please note that TATAs are really getting ready to put on a show including - On Sunday evening a mini concert featuring Mika will happen on the main straight

2 single make 2 wheeler races - Honda & TVS, will run seperately as support races.

So there will be something for all 4 & 2 wheel race enthusiasts and even just concert goers.

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 9th March 2014 at 12:31.
r_nairtvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 12:09   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post

Further please note that TATAs are really getting ready to put on a show including - On Sunday evening a mini concert featuring Mika will happen on the main straight
Hi r_nairtvm,

The so-far unanswered question is : How do interested people get tickets for this event?

I searched the Buddh website, Bookmyshow, etc - but there were no answers!

Thanks,
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 12:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi r_nairtvm,

The so-far unanswered question is : How do interested people get tickets for this event?

Thanks,
R
How about the less fortunate folks who cannot come down to Delhi? Any chance of this event being covered in any of the sports channels?
Old 11th March 2014, 19:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi r_nairtvm,

Thanks,
R
Rehan,

I am told that plans are that Passes would be available from Tata Dealers and Honda MC Dealers and TVS MC Dealers. I shall reconfirm this once I have any confirmation of this.

Possibly it will be the Delhi/NCR dealers who would be involved and probably available from next week (starting 16th March)

Please note that this is provisional info I have as on date and shall post further info once some confirmed news is available.

Best Regards and Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 15:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...The racing Prima is powered by a 6.5L, 6-cylinder engine, which produces approximately 370 bhp @ 2100 rpm and a torque of 1550 Nm between 1200 to 1400 rpm. While the standard form of this engine produces 100 bhp less, Tata says that the gain in this power is due to a bigger and much efficient turbocharger that is attached to the engines in the T1 trucks.....
Quote:
I myself was of the opinion that it is a 6-cylinder engine untill I inquired one of the people involved in this project and he mentioned it to be an 8-cylinder.

On researching further it seems that you may be right, since it is a modified version of the same engine that powers the standard 4038.S. Thank you for pointing it out.
Is this not powered by Cummins ISLe which has a capacity of 9L (8.9L)?To my knowledge ISBe is with 6.7L and have power output only upto 300hp. Both these engines are 6 cylinder versions.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 12th March 2014 at 15:05.
Old 13th March 2014, 09:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Is this not powered by Cummins ISLe which has a capacity of 9L (8.9L)?To my knowledge ISBe is with 6.7L and have power output only upto 300hp. Both these engines are 6 cylinder versions.
They have also used Cummins ISC 8.3 litre in some of their CVs. But L8.9 seems to be a better candidate for this.
Old 13th March 2014, 19:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
There has been a lot of confusion related to the engine specs given by people involved in this project (verbally).

As far as I was told, it is the Cummins ISLe engine like you said, but they mentioned it to be a 6.5L block and modifications like a bigger turbocharger and other things have brought the power up to 370.
Old 13th March 2014, 21:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Hi r_nairtvm,

Thanks,
R
Quoting message from Gopal Madhavan, (Chairman of the Homologation Committee of FMSCI; who was involved in preparing the trucks) in Amateur Radio group that I am member of:

Quote:
Entry is free and Tata Motors, the organisers, will be running shuttle buses from Noida station to the venue for the benefit of visitors. Of course you can drive in your own vehicle also right up to the spectator stands.

Shortly advertisements will appear advising as to where the passes can be collected from, so please keep a watch and collect them if you so wish.
Looks like one need to collect the free passes that will be made available soon.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 20:58   #25

Passes are available with CV dealers , definitely in Delhi and NCR .

Got a few from the Tata Motors Western region office ( CV ) division in Thane today .

Seems they are availble in thir India bulls office in Lower Parel as well.

Tomorrow Tata Motors offices mostly will be closed because of Navroz .

I do have a pass to spare if anyone is interested and could make it two if the person can pick me up from Sarita Vihar in Delhi on 23rd morning . ( i will excuse my ride :-)
masai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 16:58   #26
BHPian

Passes are available at their official website - just solve the puzzle and they will mail you the passes

http://www.t1primatruckracing.com/t1...awPuzzle.html#

So hurry stocks are limited...
kthrottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 11:03   #27
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Motors to bring Truck Racing to India Edit: Now launched

The T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship, the first of its kind in India, was held at the Buddh International Circuit on March 23, 2014. It was won by Stuart Oliver, multiple-time British Truck Racing Champion. Castrol Vecton, Oliver's team, took the team Championship.

Second place went to Dave Jenkins, team Tata Technologies Motor Sports, while Matthew Summerfield, team Cummins, bagged the third spot.

The T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship, which featured a driver line-up including some British Truck Racing Championship veterans, comprised of two races - a 5-lap sprint race and a 15-lap main race. Both the races were won by Stuart Oliver.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Tata Prima T1 Racing Truck : A Close Look-image-1-3.jpg
Tata Prima T1 Racing Truck : A Close Look-image-2-2.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 24th March 2014 at 11:58.
Aditya is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 17:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi Aditya,

Nice pics. Were you there at BIC. If so we misssed an opportunity to meet.

Though Stuart won, the fastest lap time recorded was from Ben Horne,(Truck # 02) son of Steve Horne, who was a Champion himself. Steve was the one who was atempting do some stunts/dougnuts etc.

Must say it was fiercely competetive and the way the pushing and shoving in the long race was really something.

The race was on a shortened loop of the BIC circuit with only 6 turns. On long straight, they were timed on speed guns at 110 KMPH (as with street legal Primas, they had their restrictors kick in at that speed - at onboard speedo reading at 115 KMPH).

These trucks had permenant diff lock as well in place - that was partly the reason they were doing the main turns, 1, 3, 4 & 5, mostly on 3 wheels (the rear right was off the ground) and my haert was coming to the mouth every time, from my ring-side seat.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 19:16   #29
BHPian

For all those who have might have missed the live action ,heres a chance to relive those adrenaline rush once again. The racing telecast would be aired on Ten Sports this Sunday i.e. 30th March from 8pm . Can't wait!!
rakeshnair14 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 13:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

For those who may have missed yesterdays events:

Tata Prima T1 Racing Truck : A Close Look-1964873_10154087945147355_414449729_n.jpg

You can also watch all the Action from the TVS & Honda MMSC One Make Championship on Sunday 6th April at 1:00 p.m. & Monday 7th April at 8:30 p.m. only on Neo Sports. Please find attached the promo for the TVS & Honda MMSC One Make Championship for your ready reference & records. Please spread the message to all your friends & family.

Tata Marketing team seems to have done thier homework right as, you will notice that no Motorsport event in the recent past have been carried so widely by any of the TV Media

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ZC...?usp=drive_web

Besr Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 30th March 2014 at 13:48.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks