Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 14:53   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread

Quoting my friends experience with 'Taxi for sure' at Bangalore.

Quote:
Dear TaxiForSure,

I have been a regular user of your service in Bangalore City. I was quite happy with the quality of service provided by your fleet. But me and my friends had a worst experience with your OUTSTATION BOOKING from 15th August-17th August made for Kannur Kearala. The Booking was named TFS-IC-C2438094, with Innova 7 seater starting at 6 am morning. The booking was confirmed on 1st Aug (15 days earlier). On the travel day, while we were expecting a confirmation SMS from Taxi for sure, we got a message that Taxi will be late. We tried to reach the customer care and they responded, they are looking for another options. After an hour of anxious waiting we again called your Customer Care, then the Customer service executive clearly told no vehicle is available. Now you tell me, on this juncture, we had everything planned, luggage's packed to be set out, and right before starting you are telling no vehicles are available!! I requested for some different arrangements, but your customer care was so unprofessional he simply hung up the call.

We had a terrible day. We lost our hotel booking , reached our destinations 7 hours late. At least, had you informed us before hand, that you can't provide the service we would have made our own arrangements. Your operation team didn't feel the necessity to do that, 5 minutes before traveling you told no vehicles are available!!! This is the first time we decided to take your outstation service and ended up having a pathetic situation.

This was hardly expected from an experienced service provider like you. I received an apology sms. Tell me, just sending an sms would regain the credibility of this kind of mess?

Regards.
Bhaskar
Samba is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:35   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Quoting my friends experience with 'Taxi for sure' at Bangalore.
Rather horrifying experience! Makes my belief in the neighborhood known operators stronger. They never ditch you like this on the D-Day.

Absence of any kind of redressal mechanism is another motivation for companies to take the end customer for a ride!

Ask him to spread this on the social networks as much as possible.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 13:09   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Rather horrifying experience! Makes my belief in the neighborhood known operators stronger. They never ditch you like this on the D-Day.

Absence of any kind of redressal mechanism is another motivation for companies to take the end customer for a ride!

Ask him to spread this on the social networks as much as possible.
Well said Dry Ice. Have come to believe that in matters of utmost urgency or 100% availability ( airport drops, long distance tours etc) booking with a know travel operator is more hassle free.

For any other rides most of these organized big operators when booked well in advance do provide ok service.

Recently booked a 8 hr cab for ferrying people for a function at home and it turned out all right with Taxi for Sure. In these cases there is no problem even if these guys turn up a little late etc.

On the other hand had terrible experiences recently with Meru Genie with cabs not turning up for the last couple of bookings. Genie seems to be going thru a churn.

Have tried to book with Ola Mini but never got a booking till now.
Old 20th August 2014, 16:44   #154
BHPian

Couldnt agree with the comments above.All operators are happy to go to the airport.For city run about's Taxi for sure(TFS) has been found to be more reliable in turning up but their drivers are not to well trained.Ola has good drivers but their reliability to turn up has been off late a big issue.When I checked with a driver they said with TFS only taking a 10% cut for bookings over Ola's 20% cut lot of cabbies have moved to TFS .
Old 26th August 2014, 20:16   #155
BHPian

I have had a fairly good experience with Ola cabs earlier and day before yesterday I booked an Ola Cab, an AC Innova for full day ( 8 hr or 80 Km) yesterday for an airport drop for my brother and his family. As we were having 5 extra large suitcases only an Innova did fit the bill. The rate was Rs. 1900/- for full day (8 hrs) and on paying 20% online I did get a discount of 20% on it ( an overall saving of about Rs. 76/- on the bill)
I requested for pick up at 2 PM at our home at HSR Layout. but as we planned to visit a cousin's place at Banaswadi for lunch I called up the CC for change in time and changed the pick up to 12 PM noon. The taxi arrived promptly at 12.
we spent a couple of hours at Banaswadi and after visiting a couple of relatives the taxi reached airport at about 5.15 PM.
the bill was Rs. 1824+115 (toll) for about 5.15 hours of usage of the car.
the driver was very polite and the car was well maintained. A/C was fully ON through out the trip.
Overall an happy experience with OLA CABS
ashkamath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 20:55   #156
BHPian

I have always had the best experience with Dot cabs in Hyderabad. They were always spot on time and the prices are not very expensive.The cabs are clean and the drivers are well behaved.

On the contrary I had a very bad experience with Meeru in New Delhi which I mentioned in the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3514448

Hadn't I looked for a alternative at the nth minute I would have missed the flight for sure that day.

I booked a Meeru cab to the Airport on Thursday (a day in advance) to pick us up at 5 PM from Anand Vihar on Friday and received the conformation detail via sms & I was informed that the driver details will be shared 30 min prior to the pick which is standard across all vendors. I did not receive any details until 4:40 PM and after multiple calls and promises no information was provided untill 5:30 PM , the departure time of the flight was 830 PM and we all know that we should at-least be 1 hour prior to the departure time to avoid any hassle. I was skeptical and I walked to the main street at 5:45 PM and asked a few auto rickshaws as no cabs were in vicinity and none were ready to come as they are not allowed inside the airport perimeter (we were not aware of this) , thankfully I managed to get a cab who might have dropped someone in the area and was returning empty and we just hopped in without even bargaining the ask as we did not want to miss the flight which will cause more damage.I paid Rs 400 for a distance of 7-8 KM which is worth given the situation we were in and we reached the airport at 7 PM and guess what meeru calls me at 730 PM they apologize and gave the driver details , I politely denied even though was irate held my nerve and did not loose any words.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 27th August 2014, 10:32   #157
BHPian

Hi,
- Used Uber a few times. Problem is that of drivers arriving and then refusing to ply to destinations that you want to go to. Excuses like its too far, it across the Delhi border into Gurgaon, too much traffic etc. This has happened 2 out of 2 times. Hence i have stopped using Uber for the time being.
- My staple is Meru cabs. I have depended on them for years for my airport drops and they have never let me down. Off late, their last minute availability has become much better (I am in Delhi NCR).
- The one bad experience I had was when i hired a meru and had to go to multiple destinations to drop off my friends. There was no waiting involved at all. The driver created a lot of fuss.
- The other problem with meru is that many cars in its fleet here in NCR are old. Especially the esteems. However, there are more and more new Etios cars nowadays.

Rgds
Old 29th August 2014, 13:37   #158
Senior - BHPian

Time for another review - of Taxi For Sure

1. South East Bangalore - Bangalore City RS: I had booked the cab a day before. The booking was confirmed and just as per their claim, 30 mins before travel time I got an SMS informing me of the cab and driver. The driver did seem to be familiar with the area and he arrived ahead of time. The meter was put on at the correct time and with no hiccups I arrived at the RS at the expected time. Full marks to the driver and Taxi for Sure. No demand for tips or jacking up the amount shown in the meter.

2. Kacheguda RS - HiTech city: I tried booking this through the Bangalore call centre while at the RS. The agent said he would patch me up with Hyderabad control, but it did not work well. One of the agents even offered me a call back. When the train crossed Yelahanka I decided to take law into my own hands. I found the number for the Hyderabad call centre and called them up. In a speeding train the connectivity was poor, but the agent took down all details. To be honest, I was still unsure whether he would actually take my booking. He may suspect a crank call. But I was pleasantly surprised, for I got a confirmation SMS. With that I went for my sleep and woke up at around 5:00Hrs. The SMS with the driver details were already there. At Kacheguda I could easily byepass all those nagging auto rickshaw and taxi drivers and just march towards to the waiting cab. Again the price was reasonable and was as per their regular tarrif.

3. HiTech City - Gachibowli: I did the booking 6 hours before my bus departure time. The booking was confirmed. They were to give me the driver details 30 mins before departure time, but I did not get it this time. I called up their call centre again. I now suspected the usual problem. The distance is too short and many drivers may not be willing to come for such short distance. The agent "escalated" my concern and within next 10 minutes a cab was arranged. The driver again was a cooperative chap, he led me to a "Karachi Bakery" shop so that I can get a few snacks and then dropped me at the bus pick up point on time. Again fares were as quoted.

4. Anand Rao Circle - Sarjapura Rd: The original plan was for a relative of mine to pick me up from Anand Rao circle. And with this confirmation I went off to sleep. At 0530Hrs I wake up to find an SMS. My relative had "reported sick" and so would not be able to make it. TaxiForSure was the only other option. So when the bus was just approaching Hebbal, I call them up. Again I did not have much hopes on them and was counting the money I need to give to an auto-rickshaw driver. In 2 mins I got a confirmation of my booking and in 5 minutes I got the driver details. He waited for me at the circle, while the bus dropped me near the JDS HQ. No problems, the driver came back to the spot where I was. Again the fare was as per the meter, and I was delivered at home with no hassles on the way.

Summary: To be honest, I have never seen such a committed service from a Taxi company. They have done their job, in situations where they could just drop the ball and scoot. So I would continue to use their services and would recommend them.

A few things which I generally do:
1. When travelling alone, occupy the front seat next to the driver.
2. Try to strike a short conversation with the driver, with my limited local language skills (Hindi, Tamil, Kannada).
sachinpk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 10:56   #159
Senior - BHPian

Xen Cabs : Radio Cabs Thrissur.Kerala

Finally Thrissur got what it has been waiting.A full fledged Radio Cab service.Used it a lot over the last few days and it has left me highly impressed.

10rs a km with a 100rs per hour waiting.They even do drops to the airport and the Kochi airport drop cost me 400rs lesser than what the usual cab cartel rates.

Highly reccomended and the cars always appeared on time for me.

www.xencabs.com
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 17:46   #160
Senior - BHPian

OLA introduces two new cab services with the launch of the OLA Mini and OLA Prime. OLA Mini will feature cabs that transport passengers to their destination at competitive rates whereas OLA Prime will provide commuters with a more luxurious taxi experience.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 4th September 2014 at 17:48.
Old 5th September 2014, 18:39   #161
BHPian

Had the worst experience with OLA cab. Last week booked a cab for 11:00PM from my office by around 06:00 PM, got confirmation. Got the driver/car details by SMS half an hour before. Till 11:00 there was no call from the cab driver. So called the driver number and it was switched off. Called customer care, they said they will contact the driver to call me. It was 11:20 and still no call. Again called customer care and they apologized and asked me to wait for another 1.5 hrs for next cab. All this was at 11:30 in the night and I'm standing in the middle of the road for transport. No buses, no autos and all cabs were busy. Had a big fight with the call centre guy and he promised, that the senior person will call me next morning to understand issue and they will take action against driver. Almost a week now, nobody called and no apology or anything thru mail or sms. Worst service. Please think twice before booking OLA cabs during night or your journey is important. Later googled OLA cab and found a lot of people had problem with OLA and they have narrated everything in the consumer forum.
Old 5th September 2014, 19:03   #162
BHPian

Have tried all radio taxis meru , Tabcab , old and each one of them with same issue lack of customer service.
They provide cabs only for routes that makes money , anything worth 200-250 sorry no cabs available .the condition of cars horrible. Suspension gone shockers gone . Axle all the time cranking .
Have complained to meru and Tabcab and their senior person calls who has not done homework. Issue of Mumbai and says oh you booked cab in Bangalore . I mean seriously .

Their responses are by books. We apologies and we will look in this . Please rate us. You rate poor and they are number 1 in the country .

We can get whatever is good in abroad but what we can't get is human behavior or civilized sense that lacks in this country big time
Old 18th September 2014, 14:56   #163
Senior - BHPian

How reliable is Ola in Bangalore compared to Meru ? I'm planning to book an Ola mini to catch a train from Yeswantpur, so don't want to take any chances with missing my train.

I've tried Meru several times earlier and they've been very reliable, this is the first time I'll be trying Ola.
Old 18th September 2014, 20:42   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
How reliable is Ola in Bangalore compared to Meru ? I'm planning to book an Ola mini to catch a train from Yeswantpur, so don't want to take any chances with missing my train.

I've tried Meru several times earlier and they've been very reliable, this is the first time I'll be trying Ola.
I would rate Ola much better than Meru, in terms of availability. I would never get a cab 9 out of 10 times with Meru. However, the success rate has been over 70% with Ola.

If you are not averse to Uber, please try it. The fares are sometimes better than even the legal auto-rickshaw fares.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 07:27   #165
Senior - BHPian

Ola has been generally good for me in Chennai except one occasion when the App showed me the closest driver was 6 kms away when booked, the driver was at T. Nagar a good 10 kms away from my house. Had to cancel the booking as I had a flight to catch and ended up taking my car.

The drivers have always been well behaved.

Taxi4sure I have not used myself but I have done it for my wife a couple of times, she was saying Ola was better.

Ola Mini is possibly the best option if you can afford to take a risk of spot booking. (No advance booking possible for Mini) As affordable as an auto with AC comfort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks