Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 34 61.82%
Recommended 15 27.27%
NOT Recommended 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 10:22   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Hi All,

My car completed 80,000 and was serviced at Ignite, Chennai. Raghav was courteous enough to call me and keep me updated on the work. The bill amounted to INR 59,978. Below is the list of parts replaced. I replaced the timing belt since the car was nearing the 5th anniversary.

Am I satisfied with the service? - Of course yes!
This is on a ford figo ?
Old 24th August 2017, 18:17   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
This is on a ford figo ?
Yes. It was on a Figo TDCI.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 12:05   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Hi All,

Cooling Coil Assembly-4414
Fan Belt tensioner-3956
Fan Motor Blower assembly-5559
Transmission Transverse Bed-4185
Power Steering Idler-3567

Am I satisfied with the service? - Of course yes!
Were the above parts not working/damaged?
Old 28th August 2017, 13:04   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Were the above parts not working/damaged?
The Fan blower motor assembly was changed since it had trouble throwing air. The other parts were nearing the end of life as I was told.
Old 17th February 2018, 11:30   #245
BHPian

Hello
The extended warranty on my Vento Tsi was expiring and the car was due for a service after having run for 45.5k km.
I really was not very keen on taking it to any of the " VW dealer " service centres in Chennai for various reasons including distance and also my feeling that they are simply overburdened and unless there is a real complaint they don't really care much about preventive maintenance even with a willing customer.
I then zeroed in on "IGNITE" .
I had been there to them once for a general highway check up and got a good vibe about the place.Also since it was not very far off from where I live I thought of giving them a try!
I called them for fixing up an appointment and was asked to bring it the next day at around 1030.
I met Mr. Ragav who took a TD with the car asking me about the issues I needed to be addressed. I did not have anything major and so it was left for a normal general service .
They committed delivery at 1600 and the car was ready at 1530.I was asked to be ready to change the igniter plugs during the subsequent service and when I asked that it be done now ; I was dissuaded from doing so. There were no other recommendations from their end.
Service costs came upto around 8.6k of which the tax amount itself was around 1.2k.
There was a nice touch with an interior mirror hanging in the form of their garage logo which also had their contact number and the service reminder data.
At the time of delivery I asked if he could source the a/c vents set and same was sourced the very next day for a cost of 5k.
Anyways a pleasant experience overall including the chats with Mr. Ragav about the TSi engine and also about the DSG gearbox.
I am planning on getting the car treated there in future though I hope it will only be for general routine maintenance or upgrades if any .
All in all a to "Ignite garage"
atlantis0965 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 09:06   #246
Senior - BHPian

Open Issues :
My Fiesta was due for a service by May this year (six months after an incompetent service by Ford A.S.S.) And as I was shifting my house in June, din't want to add yet another activity and decided to service it in June. I realized that the AC effectiveness had gradually come down over the period of 6 years the car has been in use and wanted to check if Ignite garage does that too. However last Sunday while on a casual drive, the gear lever suddenly had an extra play - I immediately understood that the is placed in the shifter cable might have popped out. As there was a risk of the cable end connector coming out and posing the risk of not being able to change gears on the car, I immediately pampered the car back home and din't want to drive further without fixing this issue.

Fixing the appointment:
Gave a call to Mr. Raghav, who surprisingly told me he has that grommet was available in stock (who would stock such odd parts for a Ford I thought ) and that they do the AC charging too. He inquired details about the AC issue - just to understand if I would need parts, or just a recharge of the refrigerant. So agreed to drop the car in yesterday morning.

Dropping the car in:
Dropped in yesterday morning and requested him to give the car back the same day - as I wanted my car over the weekend. Raghav being the professional that he is, never over commits - he asked for my priority list and said he would give me a call once the priority work is done and try to hand the car back by evening. I also complained about a occasional rattling noise from the rear of the car at low rpm ranges during the TD that we took. He carefully listened to all the complaints and filled the job card with all the details.

The progress:
Raghav gave me a call to understand if the spark plugs were changed in the recent past, and suggested that I change them if I haven't - to which I agreed. Then he called up in the afternoon to confirm that the AC recharge is done, and that the preventive maintenance part is almost over. He also pointed out that the rattle from the rear of the car was not from the exhaust as I had suspected (I work as an exhaust engineer! Yikes!) but from the fuel vapor line which was not connected and fixing this would call for the fuel tank to be lowered. I asked him to proceed if he was confident of giving the car back by evening. I got a call again by evening to explain the bill and to inform that the car would be ready by 5 PM.

The delivery:
I went back in the evening, and this is how the car felt - Clean and tidy on the outside, clean with a fresh fragrance on the inside. All the controls felt tight and precise - just made me realize that I was driving with too much play in the clutch and brake pedals. The engine felt a lot smoother as I requested him to use fully synthetic oil (Ford A.S.S. uses semi-synth) and the AC was a chiller, like it used to be a long time ago. The slack/play in the gear shifter was addressed too, after the grommet was put back in.

Why not Ford A.S.S. ?
I have had trouble following up with my service advisers, who barely pick the calls up, so I am mostly left in the dark all the way till the car is ready for delivery. Over the last few years I have shown this rattle from the rear of the car to many different SA guys, and none of them spent time or effort to fix it, ever. The charges are unreasonable at times, and the shoddy workmanship makes be feel fleeced when looking at labour charges on the bill. Lastly, the que - the experience of waiting in a lounge reading boringnew car brochures while looking at the car being driven rashly inside tight spaces in the dealership is nerve-racking and really tests my patience.

The experience:
Extremely professional and competent folks on task. Raghav knows the cars, and he absolutely loves his work and that passion shows on the cars he works on. I was constantly informed of the progress and the status of the car, which really comforts me. I paid around 11K for the entire work, but I really know where that money went in, so I wouldn't crib.

And finally when I drove off from Ignite, the car smelt and felt almost like a brand new car, so I couldn't resist myself as I bent forward slowly, and kissed the steering wheel

Last edited by aravind.anand : 16th June 2018 at 09:16.
aravind.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 08:20   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand
Extremely professional and competent folks on task. Raghav knows the cars, and he absolutely loves his work and that passion shows on the cars he works on.
Couldn't agree more. 👍

Having learnt early on that MASS are a bunch of incompetent crooks, I had stopped going to them after the 3rd free service of my Baleno1.6. After trying out Electra, I finally found Ignite which was where I did the annual 10K km services till 2016 (when the car moved to KL).

It was a pleasure to deal with someone who understood cars like we did & for whom it was as much passion as profession.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 02:01   #248
BHPian

Brio SMT 60K service
This is my third visit to Ignite, this time for 60K service. Have been doing annual services from here since 2016 and I am quite happy with the experience so far.

As usual, I called up Raghav and took the car to the garage in the morning. This time I didn't have any specific problem to highlight and went in for a general service. He did the TD and couldn't find any particular issues and informed that car is in good shape and would be able to deliver the same day post routine service.

After an hour, Raghav called up and informed that both wheel cylinders (WC) are leaking and to be replaced. LHS had major leak and RHS just starting. Was I riding only with front brakes? Also the fact is that I had replaced both WC in early 2016 post Chennai floods (not from Ignite). It took a day for sourcing wheel cylinders and the car was delivered next day evening post routine services (fully synthetic oil, oil & air filter, coolant etc).

Raghav cautioned me that there would be slight difference in the braking as it went through an overhaul & bleeding. However I couldn't notice any major change. But there were significant changes in the clutch pedal height position. As per Honda spec, clutch play is almost at the outer edge, but when I drove her out initially, felt absolutely zero free play. The clutch starts engaging right from the pedal height position which is not a recommended setup. I checked this with Raghav whether any adjustments done in clutch master/slave cylinders. But he corrected me saying there is no adjustment knob available for this car. He had done the bleeding and free play would increase slightly with the usage. I have to observe this for few days.

Raghav assured that car is in good shape and would continue munching miles. The service cost was around 13K (excluding tax). Noticed slight increase in the labor cost when compared to last year.
Cruiser_D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 14:54   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser_D View Post
both wheel cylinders (WC) are leaking and to be replaced. LHS had major leak and RHS just starting.

there would be slight difference in the braking as it went through an overhaul & bleeding. However I couldn't notice any major change
The only significant difference in the braking system post leaky wheel cylinders replacement is that the brake fluid level would remain steady; no change in the braking efficiency.

Yes, the bleeding would show some change in hydraulic clutch operation.
Old 18th July 2021, 14:34   #250
Team-BHP Support

Does Ignite do body and paint works too? Do they have a paint booth?
Old 18th July 2021, 15:10   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Does Ignite do body and paint works too? ...
Indeed they do! I don't know about the booth, though. I've not seen it.... but they must have some way of getting a non-dust-spotted result.

They have done denting/painting for me twice. I'm happy with the result. Just as happy as I was with Whites Road VW, who also did very good for me.

First time was a bit if a saga, with stuff going wrong, but it is to their ultimate credit that they insisted in putting it all right. As per the saying: It's not never making mistakes that matters, it's how a company handles them.

Sorry to hear that you are in need of body and paint work!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 16:32   #252
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a lot Thad. This helps. To their credit, they have a great review on Google too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sorry to hear that you are in need of body and paint work!
Haha, my car doesn’t need body work but thought of asking. There are some minor scratches and dents here and there, which were accumulated since the beginning of the car ownership.

I think I will drop the car at Ignite before the 8th anniversary due this October. And give her for detailing at DriveClean.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 21:56   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I think I will drop the car at Ignite before the 8th anniversary due this October.
Please mention my name to Raghav and say hello from me.

I got my service (and paintwork) done there last year --- and a recon fuel injector fitted. Have not decided if this year service will be with him or Whites Road.

Warranty long gone, it doesn't matter a lot.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 10:53   #254
BHPian

My 5GT had crossed the 1Lakh mark and was long due for the timing chain replacement. With covid and frequent travels, had been postponing the work for over a year. By the time car had done another 10-12K kms. One day, there was an error from the braking unit, and thats when i decided enough is enough and left the car with Raghav @Ignite. After going through preliminary checks, we decided to replace the timing chain kit and rest of the list will get added once the engine is out on the hoist. A small but expensive list including the oil pump, belts and pulley's were added to the list.

By the time parts arrived, rains started and we had decided to wait for the rains to stop, the engine, gear box, body and rest of the dis assembled parts were all secured and water proofed in case of any flooding.

By then, he got busy with influx of year end travellers and hydro locked vehicles. All the while the GT securely parked. Second week of December, work resumed and his obsession on do it right do it once, the GT was put back a little slower than I expected.

Along with new parts, cleaner EGR, header and valves,*the car is as good as new and is set for another 40-50k kms. Was really a good job by Raghav and his team of mechanics.

Meanwhile, Picked up a Honda city 1.5 type 2 last month as a project car and Raghav was able to get the car back in shape with as little replacements as possible. All thats pending is for the MMRT to open the track for P&P to get the project up and running.
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 17:43   #255
BHPian

Just a shout out to Raghav, who has been responsible for my vehicles running so well. I would not trust my cars with anyone else!
My almost 16 year old SX4 came back from some major engine overhaul, which I have detailed in this tread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5703838 (Intermittent overheating problem on the highway)

Thanks Raghav, for all your patience and support. Looking forward to some long drives during the coming months!!
This is how she looks now.
Attached Thumbnails
Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-front.jpg  

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-rear-3q.jpg  

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-side.jpg  

Kaumad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks