Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 34 61.82%
Recommended 15 27.27%
NOT Recommended 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 22:14   #196
BANNED

Re: Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)

I have been trying to give my car for service to ignite for last 1 year, but problem is their timing and location.

they work from 9 to 7 pm and thats my office time ,the only day available is saturday where i am not finding time.

i dont want to give it without meeting raghav but looks like its never gonna happen.
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:50   #197
BHPian

You are missing something, joshguy. Meeting Raghav by itself is an experience. Hope you find time and post your story, soon.
Old 7th September 2014, 21:42   #198
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
You are missing something, joshguy. Meeting Raghav by itself is an experience. Hope you find time and post your story, soon.
Hi I did get my car serviced by ignite but didn't want to write a review.its a mixed one.

Spoke to raghav and he confirmed me the time on a Saturday ,reminded him on Friday night too.. But when I reached workshop he say he is in some race,which actually put me off. He asked me to meet someone in his nelangarai workshop .

My car had a unique problem which the person could not identify and that's why I wanted to meet raghav.actually atlast I went back to Hyundai service and in two mins they identified he problem and solved it in 1000rs.
Anyway since the follow from the person from workshop was good I gave the service to ignite,

they were not infoming the status at all,I had to follow up on when the car will be ready and when they are going to drop at home ect.bill was as per estimate ,16k

Raghav is said to be friendly but I never felt so ,may be I should have told him that I am teambhpian... I never told them that I am a team bhpian .may after reading this thread they will come to know.

Maybe raghav meets only celebrities and their expensive cars..

Last edited by joshguy : 7th September 2014 at 21:45.
joshguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 13:26   #199
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
My car had a unique problem which the person could not identify and that's why I wanted to meet raghav.actually atlast I went back to Hyundai service and in two mins they identified he problem and solved it in 1000rs.
Anyway since the follow from the person from workshop was good I gave the service to ignite,

they were not infoming the status at all,I had to follow up on when the car will be ready and when they are going to drop at home ect.bill was as per estimate ,16k
Hi joshguy, may I request you to post a photo of the bill, or the details of the repairs, fluid/belt changes etc. done on your car? It would be very helpful to me, as I'm planning to give my car to Ignite.

The only thing that's keeping me away from Ignite is the distance from my place. If the costs turn out to be reasonable and the workmanship is good, then I don't mind taking it all the way.

Thanks!

Last edited by RSR : 23rd September 2014 at 13:27.
Old 23rd September 2014, 13:33   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Hi joshguy, may I request you to post a photo of the bill, or the details of the repairs, fluid/belt changes etc. done on your car? It would be very helpful to me, as I'm planning to give my car to Ignite.

The only thing that's keeping me away from Ignite is the distance from my place. If the costs turn out to be reasonable and the workmanship is good, then I don't mind taking it all the way.

Thanks!
The routine service cost is always 10-20% more at ignite, but unlike HASS/MASS, they don't misguide or fleece anyone by doing unnecessary/miscellaneous work (injector cleaning, polishing, ....).

They charge for washing, since it is done outside their garage, this was the situation 3 years ago.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 15:05   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
...Raghav is said to be friendly but I never felt so ,may be I should have told him that I am teambhpian... I never told them that I am a team bhpian .may after reading this thread they will come to know.

Maybe raghav meets only celebrities and their expensive cars..
That's unexpected.

I'm one of THE biggest fans of Raghav & Ignite, even though I am certainly not their biggest customer. Not even close. But I've never felt any lack of attention from anyone at Ignite. Don't understand what went wrong with you.

To be honest, I don't think Raghav cares too much about whether someone is a member of Team Bhp or not. I've seen people show up in just about any car, and Raghav has always treated them with the same amount of care & attention that he gives to me and my car.

You'll always find a smattering of top end stuff at Ignite, that's because qualified & good help is always hard to find once your car goes of warranty and the local A.S.S is out to fleece you. My 10 year old Optra was restored completely, with Raghav's supervision, and I can proudly say that Ignite has done a bang up job. Considering the fact that I get my car serviced from Ignite, only once every 6 months or so, I should be given the least priority. Plus, the Optra is a relatively trouble free car. Frankly, there isn't much in it that can go wrong . So by your logic, I should be getting the least attention, to no attention at all, at Ignite.

Instead, it's the other way around. Raghav is always welcoming, cool as a cucumber, & is always up to listen to whatever problems I think my car has.

Well, better luck next time.
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 00:10   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

Thanks!
I had changed my clutch and it cost me 16000 this should be 4k cheaper than ASS
There is no problem with workmanship ,just that customer service was missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
That's unexpected.

I'm one of THE biggest fans of Raghav & Ignite, even though I am certainly not their biggest customer. Not even close. But I've never felt any lack of attention from anyone at Ignite. Don't understand what went wrong with you.

To be honest, I don't think Raghav cares too much about whether someone is a member of Team Bhp or not. I've seen people show up in just about any car, and Raghav has always treated them with the same amount of care & attention that he gives to me and my car.

Instead, it's the other way around. Raghav is always welcoming, cool as a cucumber, & is always up to listen to whatever problems I think my car has.

Well, better luck next time.
I am a big fan of ragav too from the time I read his article in rediff and thru this thread, I didn't write the feedback here for last 4months bec I didn't want to write negatives here.. Things can go wrong bec we are all humans.,my expectations were high on ignite and was disappointed.

Coming to your team-bhp comment , I specifically didn't use team bhp name as I wanted to have the feel of real service and not artificial treatment

Last edited by joshguy : 24th September 2014 at 00:11. Reason: Edited
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 16:18   #203
BHPian

Hi Joshguy,
Very surprised to read your post. Raghav does not distinguish between Team-bhp members and non members. He converted my rattletrap Gypsy into a safe motorable vehicle, something which the A.S.S. chaps were not willing to do. Nothing artificial about him. He genuinely cares for his customers and is ever willing to help.Since you have said that the workmanship was not a problem I would suggest that you visit him again. I am sure you will be impressed too!
Regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 08:33   #204
GTO
Team-BHP Support

B Gobinath shares the following via email.

Quote:
Hi,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...e-chennai.html

Based on the above review from Team-BHP I visited the specified garage for vibration issues and regular maintenance and ended up with a bill of Rs.94000 (yes ninety four thousand rupees only). Discounted Rs.2000 and the final bill was Rs.92,000/-. I paid the amount and have taken delivery of the vehicle after 5 days. I was informed about the final bill amount on the date of delivery and I have no other go other than paying the amount.

Please have a look at the spare parts price list and post it in the forum to know
1. What a 10 year old Hyundai Elantra CRDI will cost you
2. There is no such garage that works to save customer money.

Pictures attached show Spare parts changed and its price charged by the garage.

Above all, the vibration issue is still unresolved and I can say this garage is very poor in diagnosis and is interested only in changing parts.

I would anyday prefer After sales and service of the company. Atleast I have the option to escalate.

Regards,
Gopi
Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-elantra-service.jpg

Also, a public poll has been added to this thread. Please vote if you have used their services.

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2015 at 08:36.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 12:26   #205
Senior - BHPian

^^ Looks fair considering clutch assembly and flywheel cost almost 1/3 of the bill and the labour charges are just 11%.

If something is amiss, I'd say communication of the estimated invoice. If that was done, I don't see abnormal.

That said, the elantra requiring this major overhaul at 63,000 kms is surprising. It was either hard driven/badly maintained from new if the mileage is genuine. Or the owner bought a 'clocked' vehicle.

PS: I've had this experience where I'd sent a vehicle in for a service and received a 50,000 rupee bill and it was shocking. But, fair, nonetheless.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 13:18   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

The shock is that 94K work, or even 50K work, would be undertaken without the customer being aware and consenting at each stage. I wouldn't expect this even from a London (you think India is bad? Hah!) garage.
Old 1st May 2015, 18:26   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The shock is that 94K work, or even 50K work, would be undertaken without the customer being aware and consenting at each stage. I wouldn't expect this even from a London (you think India is bad? Hah!) garage.
London garages would charge as much for a timing belt change on simple japanese engines.
Old 1st May 2015, 22:23   #208
Senior - BHPian

Don't understand how people are ready to pay 94k without no exchanges with the garage. And then send a cribbing mail. I have faced a lot of such experiences in my life, but always there was some fault on my part with the communication. GTO, I know raghav a little bit, not much, seriously I don't think there's any justification in publishing a crib email from a non member who probably has some other axe to grind.
Old 1st May 2015, 22:26   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
London garages would charge as much for a timing belt change on simple japanese engines.
Well, of course, I was adjusting for cost-of-living. A routine service must be in hundreds, particularly at a dealer (more? I've been away ten years) but they normally, unless they are real scamsters, call for confirmation if something expensive comes up

I think that esteem_lover makes a good point. I have a little experience of Ignite. The last time, I wanted a new bumper fitted (they can only take so many rear end bumps) and the called me up to say that it wasn't possible: too much rust. They would end up having to do a lot of body work, and if that was what I wanted... they showed me a stripped down body they were working on. They advised me to save my money.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 1st May 2015 at 22:31.
Old 1st May 2015, 23:24   #210
Senior - BHPian

Thad, it's not just about this garage which I happen to know a little bit and admitted upfront, it's the attitude after paying and taking your car satisfied, 94k not 9.4k. Whenever I had an issue with a garage for 3k or even less, first thing to do is confront the guy with my problems and not confront my friend who pointed me there.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks