Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 13:53   #241
oss
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Since this is not a regular ( add to that We have read a lot about this pump) I ask for a Rs 500/- (Its usually a tankful). Once the guy says "Sir zero paarunga" I am glued to that, usual habit nothing new, and then i realize i see this little orange orangutan dancing around with his tricks and the best english he knows, hes explaining about why some people do not want extra mile why some want it and how much each of them sell then he moves on to where are you from and gets to do you want a bill. By which time he realizes I have not moved my eyes from the counter, the baldie is giving the orangutan a stare, the orangutan says, why are you looking at me, I cant do anything more than this, then adds " saar paavam ooturu"

for some reason they thought I don't understand tamil .

Will get pics of those circus pair soon!

But, if it happens with the automated dispenser, I do feel the dealer is very much involved in this. So who owns that pump?
Well summarised

I am a regular at this pump and see these 2 jokers all the time. They tried these tricks initially, with the orange cap guy trying to distract with either a windscreen wash or some other nonsense. After couple of times they realized and now they don't bother trying those stuff with me.

The trick is to always get down, stand near the pump and keep your eyes peeled on the counter till they start filling. Once they get the message, they don't usually mess up.

This bunk is a COCO - company owned, company operated, so i guess these guys do it in connivance with the bunk supervisor.
Old 25th May 2011, 20:48   #242
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how is the Kamadenu CO Op bunk in alwarpet?

An auto guy suggested me this, saying that the Q&Q will be better because it is owned by a co-operative society,
Old 25th May 2011, 20:51   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Guys, how is the Kamadenu CO Op bunk in alwarpet?

An auto guy suggested me this, saying that the Q&Q will be better because it is owned by a co-operative society,

BAD..very very BAD..I was filling there 10 years ago..when it was good

The only good thing about that bunk is they have emission testing for diesel vehicles!
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 21:00   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
BAD..very very BAD..I was filling there 10 years ago..when it was good

The only good thing about that bunk is they have emission testing for diesel vehicles!

Thanks for the quick reply, headers. Can u suggest me something good anywhere around adyar/mount road/ttk road/royapettah? Thank u once again.
Old 25th May 2011, 21:05   #245
J.Ravi

Quote:
Can u suggest me something good anywhere around adyar/mount road/ttk road/royapettah?
I like TVS BP, Whites Road, Royapettah, near Clock Tower. But, it is always crowded.

Old 25th May 2011, 21:09   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I like TVS BP, Whites Road, Royapettah, near Clock Tower. But, it is always crowded.
Hi Ravi, actually I went in search of it today, only to know that it is shut down. Heard it from an auto guy, are u sure that they are still functioning?

Just confirmed.

http://sampspeak.blogspot.com/2010/0...s-closing.html

Last edited by DRIV3R : 25th May 2011 at 21:12.
Old 25th May 2011, 21:26   #247
J.Ravi

OMG. I drove through Whites Road some months back, but couldn't fill up because of big queue. My Linea is going to miss TVS BP very badly.

Old 26th May 2011, 19:26   #248
Senior - BHPian

Filled up at Ekayars today.

@Ph03n!x : They didn't provide any bills. The attendant was courteous though. BTW, the one we are talking about is just before Thalapakattu biriyani place, right?
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:35   #249
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply, headers. Can u suggest me something good anywhere around adyar/mount road/ttk road/royapettah? Thank u once again.
You can fill up at the BP opposite to Rain tree hotel,it is called Balakrishna & co i guess other than that you can use the BP next to life style at adyar. NEVER EVER goto the IOC in LB ROAD,its WORST
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:24   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ravi, actually I went in search of it today, only to know that it is shut down. Heard it from an auto guy, are u sure that they are still functioning?

Just confirmed.

"Sampath Speaking" : .. the thoughts of an Insurer from Triplicane: Another Chennai landmark is closing down - the TVS petrol bunk
Hi,

This bunk has been closed few months back. New TVS - VW Showroom is opening up shortly in the same place.
Old 14th June 2011, 11:25   #251
BHPian

Friends,

At present which is the best fuel station in Thambaram - Medavakkam road? I have seen couple of IndianOil, one HP, one Shell and one Essar n this route. What is your experience with all of these?

Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 12:36   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
Friends,

At present which is the best fuel station in Thambaram - Medavakkam road? I have seen couple of IndianOil, one HP, one Shell and one Essar n this route. What is your experience with all of these?

Thanks
There is one Bharat Petroleum bunk which comes on the left when you drive towards Tambaram.

I managed to get an FE of 14-15 kmpl consistently in the city.

It is opposite Venkateswara super market near Sembakkam.

Worth a try
para_7k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 13:12   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
There is one Bharat Petroleum bunk which comes on the left when you drive towards Tambaram.

I managed to get an FE of 14-15 kmpl consistently in the city.

It is opposite Venkateswara super market near Sembakkam.

Worth a try
Thanks Para. I will try this BP pump from now on.
Old 17th June 2011, 11:47   #254
BHPian

people using nelson manickam road please avoid. the AMPA Bharat Petroleum bunk. filled diesel for 1000Rs.in my Swift VDi. normally after fill the needle hits 2 bars below the full mark. but today after the fill it was 3 bars down.
then i realised how the attendants do it. after the customary, check the zero. enter the amount. the girl starts the gun at full blast, then another girl shouts at this one, who stops the gun, chats back and restarts the full feed. this time i noticed the meter jump from 100Rs. to 300Rs.
i pointed it out the the girl and immediately a supervisor comes on at full aggression that there is no cheating here. it was getting late for work so i decided to drop it and deal with it later. on afterthought, most non coco bunks are owned by goons or politicians, so best stick to company owned outlets and not get cheated.
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:19   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjames View Post
people using nelson manickam road please avoid. the AMPA Bharat Petroleum bunk.
Quite true. I had similar experience there. Although I live nearby I avoid this pump all the time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks