Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 19:03   #166
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Astonishing. To my knowledge all Shell bunks are equally good. Is the tank capacity inclusive of reserve? How much petrol was already in your tank?
The tank capacity is 15.5 litres,including reserve. The manual says that the tank capacity is not calibrated. I was already on reserve when I went to fill.
Old 11th July 2010, 19:08   #167
BHPian

roadracer, as always the tank capacity is always more than what is mentioned in the manual. Reserve is usually 1.5 - 2 Litres. I guess your tank capacity should be 17-17.5L.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:26   #168
Senior - BHPian

@Roadracer - If you've filled it to the brim, then there's a possibility for 17 lts. Reason? The manufacturers always leave out some space in the top for air to be filled in & they don't measure the capacity filling to the brim.
Old 12th July 2010, 07:17   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Roadracer - If you've filled it to the brim, then there's a possibility for 17 lts. Reason? The manufacturers always leave out some space in the top for air to be filled in & they don't measure the capacity filling to the brim.
+1. The mentioned capacity is always till the bottom of the filler neck. The space above this can still accept 1 - 2 litres of petrol depending on tank size/shape. Similarly, even after reserve petrol is finished, there will be some 1/2 - 1 litre left in the sump area.

If they showed zero before filling (they always do) and still 17 litres went in, you can inform the station manager your doubt and ask him to demonstrate the qty in a litre measure they must have for this purpose. He will oblige. There won't be any unpleasant arguments like (most) PSU bunks.
Old 12th July 2010, 10:52   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
The manual says that the tank capacity is 15 litres but the attendant was able to fill fro 17 litres. I don't have an explanation for this. :-(.
Can you tell if the manual says 15 liters, or approx 15 liters?!! I was on the same trip a while ago when a lot more went into my car's tank than the capacity given - only to find the word approx in the manual!! ~ 2 liters more on a tank listed at approx 15 liters is, IMHO, fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Another bad experience with IOC, Adyar (LB Road).
If we can, we have to add this to the thread's title, opening post, T-BHP home page! DO NOT head to that fuel pump even if your life depends on it (they will probably take your life before anything else!). They are cheats. They ARE cheats. THEY ARE CHEATS!!!
Old 12th July 2010, 12:13   #171
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
If we can, we have to add this to the thread's title, opening post, T-BHP home page! DO NOT head to that fuel pump even if your life depends on it (they will probably take your life before anything else!). They are cheats. They ARE cheats. THEY ARE CHEATS!!!
Seems to be a good idea. If we are sure that certain pumps are not good then we could have them under 'dislikes'.
Old 12th July 2010, 12:17   #172
BANNED

@MutantX,@ph03n!x,@Gansan,@aargee

Guys.Thanks for the response. I think the fact that the tank can take more fuel than what is specified in the manual might well be the issue here.Will verify this next time when I go for a refuel.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:05   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Can you tell if the manual says 15 liters, or approx 15 liters?!! I was on the same trip a while ago when a lot more went into my car's tank than the capacity given - only to find the word approx in the manual!! ~ 2 liters more on a tank listed at approx 15 liters is, IMHO, fine.

True. I avoid them nowadays. I go to the HP bunk near Sathya Studios, even though it is about 5 times the distance

The guys there ensure the zero, and do not attempt to pull off any fast ones.
Old 14th July 2010, 22:00   #174
BHPian

Apologies for deviating from the topic. But its for an important event which is in its last couple of hours as I write and I thought of using some Chennai thread and did not want only to send a PM:

Happy birthday to thalai Gansan Sir!!! Hope you had a great day.
Old 14th July 2010, 22:16   #175
oss
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
True. I avoid them nowadays. I go to the HP bunk near Sathya Studios, even though it is about 5 times the distance

The guys there ensure the zero, and do not attempt to pull off any fast ones.
Yes, these guys cheat try to divert your attention and cheat on the meter. But when it comes to fuel quality it is one of the best.

I once had bad experience with them, and stopped going there, but soon found most of the gas stations do this. It is more to do with the attendent than the bunk owners themselves.

Soon i figured out that these tricks are tried only when you sit in the car and ask them to fill the tank. If you step out and stand with the attendent and refuse to turn to anyone that tries to sell wax polish or some stupid stuff, these guys get the message, and then they never try these stuff.

Now i am comfortable with the IOC bunk on LB Rd, Adyar, and they have also not tried to pull any fast one on me for quite sometime now.

Ultimately we also have to push these guys to behave properly than running away from them.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:39   #176
BHPian

Hi,

Did anyone notice that the R.K Salai BP (next to Dominos Pizza) has been closed since last saturday?. It seems they were running it without licence. Only the SBI ATM kept open. I used to fill there past 5 years. They were good in Q and Q .
Old 31st July 2010, 02:51   #177
Senior - BHPian

damn filled up there the previous week sunday, seemed like a good place
Old 31st July 2010, 08:18   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
damn filled up there the previous week sunday, seemed like a good place
yup. same here too.

The management has changed and maybe the new ones did not have the license renewed. But AFAIK, it IS a good bunk.

Generally, most bunks that close at 10pm and open at 6am are good as all the nefarious activities are not done..
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:40   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Filled up full tank in the IO bunk on ECR today. This is in Kottivakkam. After the auto cut off I gave the guy the card, asked him to get the bill and then moved to fill up air for the tyres.

After filling up air, I am waiting and the guy comes and gives me a charge slip for 1745. I sign it on an impulse and then remember filling for only 1600 odd. Just to check, I have a look at the bill and sure enough, it said 1645.XX.

I ask the guy the same and he promptly goes and comes back with a 100 rupee note and an apology. Just posted it here as I did not know whether this was done by oversight or not (His promptness in immediately giving me 100 is what surprised me)

PS: I always fill up in this bunk and have found it to be the better of all the three bunks in the area.
Experienced something similar some time back but I'm not sure in which pump
Old 14th August 2010, 22:34   #180
BANNED

Dont GOTO BP @ Saidapet

IMPORTANT GUYS

I had been to yercaud last weekend (aug 6-8th) and while returning i filled up my tank in saidapet BP pump which is next to Ashok Leyland's new office and diagonally opposite to Chekkers Hotel.

on TUESDAY i got a call from SBI stating that my credit card details has been copied to duplicate it and they confirmed if i had paid Rs 13xx to MADRAS LORRY OWNER ASSOCIATION ( the name of the pump).

Now my card is blocked and am getting a brand new card with new number

I was just shocked to hear that and keep you all informed about it.

BEWARE PEOPLE !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks