Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 13:51   #1
BHPian

Car Accessories - Kalyani Car Jewels (Virugambakkam, Chennai)

After taking delivery of my Mahindra XUV700 AX5 MT 5 seater, I did a bit of groundwork to find a good car accessories shop in Chennai. In the past, I had opted for Shankar Car Jewels,Anna Nagar for my Maruti Estilo, a shop in GP Road for my Hyundai Xcent and Maruti Swift. While Shankar Car Jewels is no more operational, I was not happy with the GP Road shops. While cutting on the cost, they let go the last quality. So this time, I decided to try a new shop and a friend in social media recommended Kalyani Car Jewels from Virugambakkam.

It is owned by Mr Atul (+91 95511 11692) and he was very helpful in choosing the right accessories for my car. No false promises,no exorbitant prices and they have almost every essential accessory needed for a car. After having a brief chat with him, I decided to change the front stock speakers with Infinity Reference and they even did a bit of damping behind the speakers while installing,free of cost. I had also purchased side step for the SUV and also rear bumper protector. Since the seat covers were not readily available, they took the measurement of XUV seats and I got them installed a week later. They also did the sun film (3M) for a nominal price compared to the 3M outlet. I also purchased few bells and whistles that is needed for a new car.

On the whole,it was a very pleasant experience. And I may visit them in the near future for subwoofer and amp installation. Car owners in Chennai can give a try.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Accessories - Kalyani Car Jewels (Virugambakkam, Chennai)-5ceb642407cc40d6b70ea5a56ad66202.jpeg  

Car Accessories - Kalyani Car Jewels (Virugambakkam, Chennai)-09e6684a8e6a44dfacaf5342e1a21259.jpeg  

Car Accessories - Kalyani Car Jewels (Virugambakkam, Chennai)-59a599d9c638437597b4201b4d908d88.jpeg  

Car Accessories - Kalyani Car Jewels (Virugambakkam, Chennai)-0f2b4ba59df24e94998cfb4af3cd9015.jpeg  

Enthusiast81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 19:50   #2
BHPian

re: Car Accessories - Kalyani Car Jewels (Virugambakkam, Chennai)

Your car's roof liner looks wrinkled up. Is it like this in the stock car, or did your accessory guy mess it up?
Old 25th January 2022, 20:27   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
Your car's roof liner looks wrinkled up. Is it like this in the stock car, or did your accessory guy mess it up?
True. I don’t think the accessories guys did it. Because I was watching them the whole time and their work was neat. I may have missed it while doing the PDI. I will sort this out while I leave the car for the first service.
Old 25th January 2022, 20:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
After having a brief chat with him, I decided to change the front stock speakers with Infinity Reference and they even did a bit of damping behind the speakers while installing,free of cost.
Free damping looks very generous of the vendor. If possible can you share the installation pics and the cost of the infinity reference series speakers he had sold them to you?

If it’s any good, would like to do my installs there.
Old 25th January 2022, 21:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
Free damping looks very generous of the vendor. If possible can you share the installation pics and the cost of the infinity reference series speakers he had sold them to you?

If it’s any good, would like to do my installs there.
They didn’t do the complete damping. They just pasted a bit of damping material just behind the speaker magnets to prevent the vibration. Complete damping costs around 8k for XUV700. The one they did for me was just complimentary.
I am planning to do complete damping and adding a subwoofer,amp after couple of months.

I paid around 9k for the reference components including installation. They predominantly sell Infinity and Focal brands. You can choose among Alpha,Reference or Kappa depending upon the budget you have in mind. Reference suited mine.

Unfortunately, I didn’t take pictures of the installation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks