Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2010, 18:10   #1
BHPian

Wiring the head unit

Hi,
I had installed a Pioneer head unit, amp and speakers some six years ago in my Alto. I had to remove it but forgot the connections on the head unit. Could anyone tell me which wire goes where?

Thanks,
Vivek
Old 14th October 2010, 20:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check the manual of the HU for the pin layout of the connectors. If you don't have the manual, search the net for connection diagram of the specific Pio HU that you have. Usually the connection diagram is the same for a family of HUs, so if you don't find the exact one, search for the nearest model.
Old 15th October 2010, 11:48   #3
Team-BHP Support

Red (thickest wire) is usually direct to Battery, Yellow through the Switch, Black (Thick) for ground, Blue is for Amp and other remote accessory like power antenna trigger.

Then comes speaker wire with Grey, Green, Purple with stripes. So first pair the wires by the base colour and the using fader and balance figure out which is LT/RT and F/B. Use one with striped color code in each of these colours as (-) for all connections to the respective speaker.
Old 1st May 2013, 10:13   #4
BHPian

Re: Wiring the head unit

Out of the three wires where the +12V, ACC and Gnd from the HU have to be connected, which is which? There is a white/red stripe, white/black stripe and a black one. Car is Alto.
Old 14th May 2013, 17:56   #5
BHPian

Re: Wiring the head unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Out of the three wires where the +12V, ACC and Gnd from the HU have to be connected, which is which? There is a white/red stripe, white/black stripe and a black one. Car is Alto.
Here you go! This image should answer most of the 'Which wire' questions. I am not sure if Alto has a standard ISO provision for a stereo, but more or less color coding shod be the same.

Name:  ISOSTD.png
Views: 33189
Size:  106.8 KB
eagle_bush is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks