Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2010, 21:07   #1
LNG

Ritz ICEd - just a basic config

Folks, we finally got to ICE our Ritz VXI at Sachin's Autoshop in Koramangala, Bangalore.

Though we got our car delivered sometime in late June, 26th to be precise, it took me some time to get convinced, I wanted a good system for a reasonable money - i think the hickup was there.

After a lot of search in this forum and asking around, I finally zeroed in on 2 shops

1) EVO, Bangalore
2) Sachin's Autoshop, Bangalore

I had to settle for the later, a couple of posts here somehow made me not to go for EVO.

The configuration:: all with bill & warranty

Pioneer 2290UB - 6000/-
Front door mounter coaxials: JBL GT5 - S265 - 2300/-
Rear wooden tray: 800/-
Oval JBL : GT5 - S396 - 3200/-
Harness: 200/- (Ritz specific?)
Spacer rings (wooden) : 150/-

Altogether the deal was done for 12500/- including a car charger adaptor (dont know the geeky word for it). It is the one that lets you charge mobiles via the 12V socket in cars.

I am attaching here a youtube link hosting the video of the installation. I managed to film some with the mobile camera. Apologies for some shakes and spoilt frames in between.

[Mods, please remove this section if its not appropriate.]

I shall update this thread up with more relevant pics. My experience with the Autoshop was quite nice and the work done seems to be nice. I will openup for discussions as I am a complete noob when it comes to cars.

Chrs
Gopinath
Old 9th August 2010, 07:52   #2
BHPian

Nice setup

Hi,
I have Pioneer 2190 UB in my Accent , its a nice Hu but will not give you many options to Add, like it has only one RCA output.
Any specific reasons to go for Oval GT5 S396..?
GTO 948 are also available at almost the same price.
Its the first time I have seen a video of the installation, congrats on the setup and enjoy safe driving.
Old 9th August 2010, 10:57   #3
LNG

Thanks Garry!

The system indeed is doing a good job. I even trialed a Kenwood (similar config), what I found was that the HU took considerable time to start reading the pen-drive. But once done, for the same song, same volume level and other equilizer settings the quality of music was more louder and clearer.

I did ask the shop guy about the GTO, but only when the installation was over :(, i was told that it would cost me about 4400/-. Nevertheless, the current setup is seeming to serve our needs and it could be that this is all I would do for this car's music system and may never upgrade .

Chrs
Gopinath
Old 9th August 2010, 17:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNG View Post
Thanks Garry!

The system indeed is doing a good job. I even trialed a Kenwood (similar config), what I found was that the HU took considerable time to start reading the pen-drive. But once done, for the same song, same volume level and other equilizer settings the quality of music was more louder and clearer.

I did ask the shop guy about the GTO, but only when the installation was over :(, i was told that it would cost me about 4400/-. Nevertheless, the current setup is seeming to serve our needs and it could be that this is all I would do for this car's music system and may never upgrade .

Chrs
Gopinath
Congrats on the new setup, pretty simple and effective i would say coz i also had somewhat similar setup before 8th Aug on my zen.

Good that you are pleased since that is what is required.
Old 10th August 2010, 10:57   #5
LNG

Hello motomaverick, thanks for your comments!

From what you say it appears that you have upgraded your ICE on the 8th of Aug, congrats on that.
Old 10th August 2010, 11:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNG View Post
Hello motomaverick, thanks for your comments!

From what you say it appears that you have upgraded your ICE on the 8th of Aug, congrats on that.
Yeah just a minor upgrades to an amp & jbl 948's
Old 10th August 2010, 20:23   #7
LNG

Folks, only today I noticed that the AUTOSHOP guys have affixed there sticker on my car's rear windshield without asking or even checking with me. I called Suraj (shop owner) up and told this and was taken aback to hear this "This is no big deal sir, this is the usually done in anyshop you go to. And it wont bother your warranty or damage your windshield". I had to resort some strong communication to him and told him that i would be happy to advertise his business but wish i was asked or atleast told. He then told me that he would advise his boys henceforth.

there is always something that irks when it comes to getting a service from a vendor in India. Wish it changes in a big way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks