Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2005, 17:41   #1
BHPian

scorpio - audio system

hi, i am planning to buy a new scorpio, however i have already bought an audio system. head unit is a pioneer 7750 accompanied by 360w rear speakers tse6996 (pioneer kevlar speakers) and a 110w kevlar front speakers. i called the guy who fixed my previous car stereo to check the cost of fitting the system, during our conversation he told me that i will not be able to get a good audio effect in a scorpio as i used to get in an indica. i guess it could be because of difference in acoustics between different cars, but i would know about any special arrangement where i can enhance the audio effect. That guy also conveyed me that i will not be able to fit a subwoofer for a scorpio ( all front facing seats). is it true....
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:15   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hhmm..thats a very good setup but its better suited for smaller cars..in a car(ok ok cant call it a car or a suv now) ul have to use something better or innovative ideas to get the optimum sound..
so install the fronts in the factory locations and for the rears see if u can fix them in the rear doors..not too sure if u can mount them but u may have to do some slight modifications to the doors.or else u can get mdf boxes made for the 6x9's and place them under the baby seats if u have or tuck them to the two corners of your boot with some adaptors..

well coming to the sub its quite possible to fit a sub in the scorpio,one who said its not possible needs to take a hike..i have seen an install in a scorpio with a 15'' sub..u can get a sub preferably a 12'' in a sealed enclosure and keep it in ur boot..

however to improve ur sound u may need a 4 ch amp atleast to run ur sub and ur rear speakers..u can connect ur fronts to the HUs amp..
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

mate, whts your budget.

man, i see ( and some audio gurus too) two 8inch sub to go under the front seats plus...

of course you can have a sub or many subs.
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:29   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Tifosikrishna,

A couple of quick points. The FACTORY speakers of the Scorpio are an odd 4"X6" size. Only 2 companies in India market that size: JBL and Blaupunkt. If you wish you mount speakers in the original location, you need that size.
All front facing seats... Ah, I think you mean the seats in the absolute rear are also front facing and you have no space at the back. I am sure a small sub can be fit there. Let me look into this and post later. Maybe someone else with all front facing seats in a scorpio can help here.
And Yes, A bigger car is always harder to get better sound in. Your Indica would have sounded better with the same speakers than the bigger scorpio.
Old 3rd November 2005, 02:22   #5
BHPian

hey krishna

i think u should consult moodswings definitely on this one.
he has a scorpio fitted with a nice install.
so pm him

thats my advice

or

contact the gurus

navinji , gunbir , jb , aseem etc.....

lots of helpful people around
Old 3rd November 2005, 09:31   #6
BHPian

thanks everyone for your inputs. i have one more question to ask, my friend suggested me to install a amplifier to spruce up the performance for the existing setup i have. what i fail to understand is, when the headunit can support 50x4 rms output, do i need an external amp? as i stated earlier my rear speakers 360w pmpo and front ones are 110w pmpo.
Old 3rd November 2005, 11:44   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
thanks everyone for your inputs. i have one more question to ask, my friend suggested me to install a amplifier to spruce up the performance for the existing setup i have. what i fail to understand is, when the headunit can support 50x4 rms output, do i need an external amp? as i stated earlier my rear speakers 360w pmpo and front ones are 110w pmpo.
well thats the mistake ur making its not 50w rms per channel but its peak..i still havent heard of any HU that give 50w per channel RMS..the pioneer 7750 pumps out 22w(RMS) per channel..so obviously an amp will make a difference to ur existing setup..actually ul have a better head room once u get an amp as ud be able to play cleaner and crispier at louder volumes too..
Old 3rd November 2005, 13:39   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Tifosi, 50 x 4 is not Rms like Mclaren said, its peak. The HU will only be making around 18/20 watts rms per channel at best. With only a HU, the minute you increase the volume, your music may start to distort. An external amp will avoid this plus make the music in your car much cleaner.

And you can install a sub or subs in a Scorpio with all front facing seats. Your installer has to be creative. If he says he cant, you need to change your installer.

I see you are from Madras, PM me if you want any more details or help.
Old 3rd November 2005, 14:14   #9
BHPian

now its clear...

hi thanks mclaren & 5u3zEro. now it is become imperative for me to buy an amplifier. having read other thread about amplifier, i have zeroed in on pioneer 6100. i can buy the amp now and fit a sub woofer later right? hope it has adequate enough to feed the sub woofer as well...
Old 3rd November 2005, 14:19   #10
BANNED

Quote:
hi thanks mclaren & 5u3zEro. now it is become imperative for me to buy an amplifier. having read other thread about amplifier, i have zeroed in on pioneer 6100. i can buy the amp now and fit a sub woofer later right? hope it has adequate enough to feed the sub woofer as well...
the 6100 is a 4ch amp so in future if ur adding a sub ud have to use ur HU's amp to connect either the fronts or the rears..now which one to choose might pose another problem..if ur expecting front soundstage then ud have to power ur rears to the HU's amp but as the rears will be more power hungry it would be better to run them of a amp..but then at louder volumes ur rears if connected to an amp will play clean whereas the fronts might give up well before that..confused????
Old 3rd November 2005, 14:29   #11
BHPian

got your point mclaren. as you suggested, when i buy a subwoofer may be i should connect the sub woofer and rear speakers to the amplifier and front to the head unit. on the same note, what about amplifers feeding more than 4 channels? are they very costly?
Old 3rd November 2005, 14:34   #12
BANNED

well u do get 5 ch amps from alpine that i know off..the MRP-F320 must be around 10-15k..vivek should know better as he is looking out for them..u may want to check with blaupunkt too see if they have 5 ch amps..well the 5 ch amps tend to be a bit expensive maybe around 3-4k more than the 4ch counterparts..
Old 3rd November 2005, 21:31   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it has enough power to run the sub as well. All you have to do is bridge 2 channels of the amp to the sub and from the remaining two channels you can connect all the 4 (front and rear) speakers in parallel. Only downside is, you will lose fader controls which I think shouldnt bother you too much.
Old 3rd November 2005, 21:41   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
the 6100 is a 4ch amp so in future if ur adding a sub ud have to use ur HU's amp to connect either the fronts or the rears..now which one to choose might pose another problem..if ur expecting front soundstage then ud have to power ur rears to the HU's amp but as the rears will be more power hungry it would be better to run them of a amp..but then at louder volumes ur rears if connected to an amp will play clean whereas the fronts might give up well before that..confused????
Mclaren I have suggested another alternative way of doing it with the same amplifier.

Tifosi, if you want to do what Mclaren suggested, I would recommend you connect the front speakers and not the rear. This will help you in having a better sound upfront.

Personally, I would do it the way I suggested, which gives all 4 speakers good power from the amp. The amp is rated at 75wx4 at 2 ohms, which should give each speaker 37.5 watts.
Old 3rd November 2005, 22:04   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
Mclaren I have suggested another alternative way of doing it with the same amplifier.

Tifosi, if you want to do what Mclaren suggested, I would recommend you connect the front speakers and not the rear. This will help you in having a better sound upfront.

Personally, I would do it the way I suggested, which gives all 4 speakers good power from the amp. The amp is rated at 75wx4 at 2 ohms, which should give each speaker 37.5 watts.
well ya u can connect 2 ch and bridge it to run the sub and use the other 2 ch to run all the 4 speakers in parallel..but as u urself suggested one will loose out on the fader...that itself will make the rears drown the effect from the fronts thus making front soundstage impossible..by the by isnt that what we are trying to acheive here thats some good front soundstage..so loosing out on the fader would mean a huge blow to achieve the same..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks