Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 14:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
How much did you pay for the damping material you installed
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Not sure about the exact price, since Karan gave me a bundled quote. I think it's around Rs.150/sq ft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Congrats. You're doing injustice to us by parking the Civic at the basement. When is the ICE demo going to happen?
The basement is a safe place what with the threat of Laila !

ICE demo can happen today evening. I have a load***t of work but not in the mood to do it today !!
Old 23rd May 2010, 16:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
What plans for the Scorp now? What do plan to get for it?
Scorp is being sold dude, didn't you know?
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:22   #18
BHPian

Congrats bro on the beautiful setup. The amp in use is an absolute gem! But i was wondering as to how you managed to connect the amp to the stock HU? I mean i dont think the stock HU of the civic has any preouts soo how did you connect the RCA's at the HU?

Last edited by prince85 : 23rd May 2010 at 23:28.
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slight whine/krrrrr to be sorted out. Relocating the LOC today removed it but it has started again although not as much as earlier
Tweaked some more today. Reduced the amp gains to almost zero. At this setting the HU volume goes up to 80% easily without any distortion. Reducing the gain seems to have taken care of the 'whine/whistle'. Will observe for a couple of more days.

However a faint 'krrrrrr' remains, audible only when volume is zero.

Quote:
Will switch the JBL sub with the GZ in the Baleno. Although am happy with the JBL. But since the option is there, will try it out
Switched along with the Neutrik connector for this sub-box. That's how the boot looks as of today.

ShuvCivic - Simple ICE-subswitchedtogz.jpg

And here's some additional In Car Entertainment / Additional Woofer !!!

ShuvCivic - Simple ICE-additional-ice.jpg

Last edited by shuvc : 23rd May 2010 at 23:51.
shuvc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2010, 12:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

what is that white box below the 75.4? MBQ? what is the difference in sound quality with the GZ? does the additional ICE in the back seat pose problems while operating the ICE?
Old 24th May 2010, 14:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
what is that white box below the 75.4? MBQ?
That box holds the red triangle and am using it as a toolbox too. Some basic stuff. MBQ stays in the Baleno. For now!

Quote:
what is the difference in sound quality with the GZ?
Honestly I can't make out much of a difference. But then have been tweaking constantly. Have not really done a comparo with the same settings.

Quote:
does the additional ICE in the back seat pose problems while operating the ICE?
She was just given a dekhho of the car. No ride yet. Tobey normally the only problem is that NVH levels inside the car increases
Old 24th May 2010, 16:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And here's some additional In Car Entertainment / Additional Woofer !!!

Attachment 353722

Nice install, shuvc. Hope you sort out the niggles.
Old 30th May 2010, 12:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Had some recurring niggles with the left channel. Would crack up and go silent. Karan's boys put in quite a few hours of effort over a couple of days. Tried to isolate all the components of the chain. No clear conclusion, but it seemed there 'might' be some issue with one of the front speaker out channels of the amp.

Current config is: Amp rear outputs are driving the fronts and the amp front outputs have been bridged to drive the sub. I don't use the rear channel bass boost anyway for the sub, so am not missing anything. Amp gains are also at the minimum (?) level of 6v. Gain setting in the LOC is also minimum. Any increase is introducing whine/whistling.

But these gain levels are fine overall. The stock HU volume has a graduation upto 40. And it's quite loud at 30. My normal listening volume is settling in around 30. Although the sound isn't distorting much even at 40.

Hopefully the setup has stabilised now.
Old 2nd June 2010, 01:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rear tray rattles a lot. Not very audible sitting at the front even at fairly high volumes, for 90% of the songs I listen to.. But does creep through in songs with heavy bass notes. Specially soft numbers (like say Norah Jones) Some amount of - foam inserts have reduced it somewhat. But still some more work is required.
I played around with some foam a couple of days back - normal foam that's used in seats. A piece of foam inserted from inside the car at the base of the rear windscreen, between the glass and the tray, at the point where the stop lamp 'hump' on the tray begins, seems to have almost done away with the problem. It's been 2 days since the fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
But i was wondering as to how you managed to connect the amp to the stock HU? I mean i dont think the stock HU of the civic has any preouts soo how did you connect the RCA's at the HU?
It's in the first post. The dash/HU was not opened. The front and rear speaker wires were extended and then used as inputs to a Line Output Converter. Scosche SLC-4. The LOC has RCA outputs which go into the amp. The front input has been used for the front components. The rear for the sub. The OE rear speakers are currently disconnected. I'm running just a front stage with a sub.
ShuvCivic - Simple ICE-scosche-slc4.jpg
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
It's in the first post. The dash/HU was not opened. The front and rear speaker wires were extended and then used as inputs to a Line Output Converter. Scosche SLC-4. The LOC has RCA outputs which go into the amp. The front input has been used for the front components. The rear for the sub. The OE rear speakers are currently disconnected. I'm running just a front stage with a sub.
Attachment 360128
Thats really cool! I never knew such a convertor existed to be honest! Fantastic way of installing an amp while retaining the factory HU. But bro, can one install a 4ch amp for the speakers and a 2ch amp for the sub using this convertor?
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:57   #26
BHPian

Thanks shuvc for sharing this.
The Scosche device looks exactly what I require for a friend's i20 install. He doesn't want to change the HU.

Is it available locally in India? How much did it cost you?
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Are you getting any hissing noise when using your stock audio with the line output converter?

regards,

Nitin.
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
But bro, can one install a 4ch amp for the speakers and a 2ch amp for the sub using this convertor?
Maybe, the rear speaker wires can be tapped and made to provide inputs to both the rear speakers and the sub. You would of course need a 6 channel LOC then. Or a separate 2 channel LOC along with something like the Scosche. It might work.

The HU 'rear' fader would then work on both the rear speakers and the sub.

Guruji's?? Inputs please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Is it available locally in India? How much did it cost you?
I understand it is being formally distributed by Sam's organisation - Sahil International. MRP is around 3K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Are you getting any hissing noise when using your stock audio with the line output converter?
Nope. No hissing. There was some whine/whistling. Not sure if the LOC was the culprit. Keeping the gains on the amp low has solved this issue.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

I like your second woofer
Old 6th June 2010, 00:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Nice and neat looking install shuvc, One question regarding damping the front doors.

After covering the entire door, the outer skin, there is the power window motor, after damping any issues with that?? In my car damping I have damped only the outer metal skin. Did not cover it due to the motor, but I see here you have done all three stages.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks